Lego Star Wars II

thepixiesrock

So I went straight to the store and bought it right after school the day it came out. This is really a fun game. Is it as fun as the first? Well, I almost get the feeling that I get when I play Paper Mario 2, as compared to the first one. It was really sort of better the first time around, but just because it was new and exciting then. I'm not saying the game is bad though, it is still really fun.

The thing I'm not sure if I like or not, is how long the levels are. I don't remember the levels in the first game being this long. It sort of gets a little tedious. It is fun and all, but after a while I'm left wondering when the level is ever going to end.

It's good though.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah, that bomb thing was a pain in the ass. I also didn't like the other bombs used in the other ship levels, but I guess it was a good way to add more to the levels.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I believe after finishing the levels one may go back and be creative with them, like having Kenobi using an AT-ST in Los Isley.

Is the ST the two legged one? Wasn't Ben a part of your party for that level first time around? Its only been a day or so but I think that it was Luke, the droids and Obi-Wan in my party on the story mode for that level.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah Kor.

I loved it.

Me and my wife we finished story mode this weekend and we both enjoyed it a lot. It's a bit easier and shorter than the first but we both thought it was much more fun.

The Hoth level was fine once we figured out how to use the bombs(we were using them to destroy any enemy) and the Endor level, with the speeders, is a blast.

And the story is soooo much better than the first one!

*crais* bought this on whim + obsidianist recommendation, the massive Defau~1.cab has invalid digital signature.

I believe of my last 5 perfectly legal purchases of full retail games, 4 have ended up working so badly that I had to download, mount or crack to get them functioning.

Excellent.

Apparently there was a patch that.. uh... fixes the installation bug. :lol:

I'm a little disappointed because now that I play it, it's clearly not worth the money unless you play with a friend, in which case it would be great. They have a lot of fun touches to it, though, and I can see myself sink a few hours in here.

Of course, I'm using a keyboard and I've always been horrible at 3D platform games. I've missed tons of stuff after being fed up with missing the simplest of jumps, Obi-Wan must have recurring skin burns after falling in the lava thing so many times. :p

edit: meta: nothing. And while I'm not a computer-guru I am proficient enough with these things. MTW and FIFA 06 were purchased from bargain bins, and those repackaged ones are always trouble. Oblivion worked fine, as I recall; Indigo Prophecy had a fair few hiccups before I sorted it out, can't remember but something to do with the way they handled registry entries.

Of course, I still remember BG2 giving me "Catastrophic Error" on install. o:) I still remember that it's on 33-35% on minimal install that CreANI.bif is copied over to the hard disk. ;)

Edited by Tigranes

Well, what are you complaining about? Console games DON'T HAVE BUGS! :)"

They do when coming from LucasArts. :p"

But in general, console games have a lot less bugs than PC games. First because they can't be patched(some players don't have access to internet and the QA process is, in theory, more rigorous) and second because the certification is passed only when the product in is a specific condition and/or state which includes but is not limited to the absence of game stopping bugs, crashes or any problem that requires a reset of the console.

Edited by astr0creep

But in general, console games have a lot less bugs than PC games. First because they can't be patched(some players don't have access to internet and the QA process is, in theory, more rigorous) and second because the certification is passed only when the product in is a specific condition and/or state which includes but is not limited to the absence of game stopping bugs, crashes or any problem that requires a reset of the console.

Firstly, that is the most ingenious reversal of reality I have read in a long time! :)

Secondly, that presupposes that the "console QA" team is better and/or more diligent than the PC QA team. :p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Firstly, that is the most ingenious reversal of reality I have read in a long time! :)

Secondly, that presupposes that the "console QA" team is better and/or more diligent than the PC QA team. ;)

Firstly, we are derailing. :p"

Secondly, anyone can presuppose anything but I never said PC QA was crappier. PC games are not subjected to certification before release, console games are. That is all that I said but I admit to presupposing you know what certification testing is and you are aware of LucasArts' track record when it come to certification(It does'nt seem to matter for them, their games are certified even if too buggy. Somehow.).

To still be on topic, I enjoy Lego Star Wars 2, even with some game stopping bugs as I don't mind resetting my console because the games saves often enough that I don't lose to much progress when doing so.

:)

It's not so much that the QA is crappier on PC as there's a whole lot more variables.

PC it's "Hey dudes, will this game work on every single PC configuration within the Minimum System Requirements and all the way up to the uber 1337 future PCs of doom?"

Console it's "Hey dudes, will that game work on...an Xbox?"

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP