Revan-Bastila romance

DAWUSS

With all the attention those two get I had to ask...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Too bad that the romance was restricted to male Revans. Disappointed I am. ;)"

theres a mod for a female revan and bastila romance I jus saw it so i dont no if it works. http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18736.html

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Lol, I was just joking.

yeah I know i read your post and was on pcgamemods and saw it. I was like this is wierd so I was like what thae hell ill post it.

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

With Bastila and male Revan, somehow romance seemed to be intense, and a bit excessive. Hardly understood its rationale at all. Unless say perhaps there was some other part of story where both are involved, apart from Bastila restoring Revan's wounded mind. One can say that that could also have been for a female Revan, though.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

With Bastila and male Revan, somehow romance seemed to be intense, and a bit excessive. Hardly understood its rationale at all. Unless say perhaps there was some other part of story where both are involved, apart from Bastila restoring Revan's wounded mind. One can say that that could also have been for a female Revan, though.

I never really undersood why bastila saved Revan when he was betrayed why save the sith lord when he was about to die.

Indeed. It wasn't anything special, and as someone said, it didn't make much sense. For one:

1) Bastila is young and acts like a youngster. So it's unlikely that Revan would find her particularly appealing. She was naive, stubborn and childish.

2) Bastila would naturally not want to hook up with a former Sith Lord.

3) Jedi aren't meant to hook up in the first place. This coupled with her naivety would usually mean that she wouldn't want to give in to Revan advances.

4) How the hell light hearted banter and little jokes turned into a full blown romance isn't very clear. I've seen characters with better chemistry, who never had their relationship blossom into a full blown romance.

Guest The Architect
I think the romance is biased because people play Revan, so in essence, they can essentially relate the situaton as having a personal romance with Bastila.

Allow me to second that. :o Although I still think that any romance that has occured in Star Wars history is better than the 'Anakin-Padme' one, even the 'Revan-Bastila' one.

Indeed. It wasn't anything special, and as someone said, it didn't make much sense. For one:

1) Bastila is young and acts like a youngster. So it's unlikely that Revan would find her particularly appealing. She was naive, stubborn and childish.

3) Jedi aren't meant to hook up in the first place. This coupled with her naivety would usually mean that she wouldn't want to give in to Revan advances.

4) How the hell light hearted banter and little jokes turned into a full blown romance isn't very clear. I've seen characters with better chemistry, who never had their relationship blossom into a full blown romance.

Indeed, the 'Revan-Bastila' romance doesn't make much sense. I too have always wondered how the hell 'light hearted banter' and 'little jokes' as you put it, turns into a full blown romance. It's just one of the many problems I have with BioWare's weak storytelling and plot in general in KotOR, well that's at least my opinion anyway.

Although, there is said to be a 'mutual attraction' between male Revan and Bastila, so that obviously has something to do with it, because in all romances, there has to be some kind of physical attraction involved, and if the attraction is that great, romances can develop quickly.

I suppose you could also argue that because KotOR is a CRPG, some people's male Revan characters may find Bastila's narrow-minded mentality, stubbornness and childishness appealing somehow.

I always felt they knew each other before the wars and thats why the romance works if they didnt then well i agree with previous posts that it makes no sense for them to fall in love over little jokes. I also feel thats why she saved him in answer to my own post.

Better then Padme/Anakin without a doubt. Hell, any romance is better then that one. Though Bastila/Revan is definitely rushed into (Kiss me you fool!). Guess that's why I liked the Female Revan storyline better (took the entire game for the Revan/Carth romance to truly come out. I wasn't even sure he'd be the female romance option until after the final planet).

Infidels. Granted if the romance was done correctly like the BG2 romances it would rule supreme. For now it will have to remain very good.

Amen to that. The overall quality of the BG2 romance plots were exceptional, and they came from a D&D game :huh: It's not inaccurate to say that most D&D romance is all about... living vicariously through the character. Remember the Fear of Girls vid? :(

Bastila-Revan has one tangible advantage over Padme-Anakin, in that George Lucas didn't write it. It would have been better had it not culminated on the Star Forge, imo. Wouldn't it have been more dramatic if Bastila and Revan had fought after their feelings for each other had been made clear?

I like some of those lines you can though at Bastila. It makes for something that can get a romance going.

The Anakin/Padme romance in the movies is a joke. There is no chemistry that you can look at and say "Now there are some love birds." until much later when they are ready to have their kids. I read the books and it makes sence. It starts right from when they first meet on Tatooine.

As for the Revan/Bastila romance, I always thought that they where together alot over what I think is like a months. (I think the game from start to end is on that kind of scale) And little stuff most have been in there too, besides the conversations that helped with the romance. Enter your imagination - but don't go too far. Just like you never see your char say " I need to go to the bathroom" (heaven forbid I ever need to handle something like that in a game).

After all, not all romances are formed from lots of meaningful conversations. And lets not forget that you can choose to end it.

Edited by James Dunn

I don't think your arguments make much sense, either :unsure:

1) I don't think that Revan was all that much older, maybe 6-7 years. That's quite a difference, but nothing unheard of. The difference between a female Revan and Carth might actually be much bigger.

It doesn't matter whether you think if someone could fall for a person who is "young and naive". There might be a large majority who feels like it could happen, so using this is to strengthen your view is no argument.

2&3) Of course she doesn't want to, that's why she tries to resist all the time. She has one weak moment in all of the journey before her fall to the darkside. That looks like plenty of resistance to me.

Besides, there is this little thing called force bond and not to mention Revan's behaviour, which is so totally different from what it was before.

A handsome, extremely powerful and charismatic character is certainly a rather obvious choice for someones affection.

His past doesn't mean much. There are plenty of women who go out with absolute nut cases who aren't good for them. If someone can go out with people like those, there isn't a reason why someone can't fall in love with someone who treats him/her better than anyone else ever did.

4) And I have seen plenty of characters with worse chemistry who ended up in a relationship, so what's your point?

The banter doesn't continue all the way long, once she considers you a friend it's pretty much gone. Besides, you don't need to use the banter to get her to fall in love with your Revan.

I really doubt that one of those "couples" ever had the mission - or where the last hope - to save the Earth or something like that :)

Edited by Dark Wastl

1) I don't think that Revan was all that much older, maybe 6-7 years. That's quite a difference, but nothing unheard of. The difference between a female Revan and Carth might actually be much bigger.

It doesn't matter whether you think if someone could fall for a person who is "young and naive". There might be a large majority who feels like it could happen, so using this is to strengthen your view is no argument.

I don't know...Carth is 38 during KOTOR. Bastila is about 26, 25, 24. Around there. Easiest to say that Revan is definitely older then Bastila. But still younger then Carth. So, I'd bargain that Revan is about 30, 29, etc. As you get older, age doesn't matter when it comes to love (unless it makes heads turn like one is 80 and the other is 18)

I thought that Bastila was something like 21... Heck, They both are young so what does it matter

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Indeed, the 'Revan-Bastila' romance doesn't make much sense. I too have always wondered how the hell 'light hearted banter' and 'little jokes' as you put it, turns into a full blown romance.

This made me think of Leia-Ian Solo. ;)" Seriously, I'm not trying to be annoying. :ph34r:

And at least Revan-Bastila is a hundred times better than Revan-Carth.