XBOX repair advice

Carth Vader

1. Take it into the garage and place it in the center of the concrete floor.

2. Go over to the tool box and find a large hammer.

3. Return to the Xbox in the middle of the floor with the hammer in your dominant hand.

4. Raise the hammer over your head.

5. Bring the hammer down onto the middle of the top of the Xbox forcefully(MS has conveniently shaped it in sort of an "X" shape, so finding the middle should not be difficult).

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the Xbox has been sufficiently rendered into thousands of tiny pieces.

JK. Seriously, I have no idea. Maybe BestBuy? They do PC repairs, maybe they can do Xboxes as well. After all, an Xbox is just a limited use pc. I do suggest that you invest in a (better) surge protector, especially living in the the worst place for lightning in the world.

Was it plugged into a surge protector already? If so, the warranty on the surge protector might cover the damages to the Xbox.

I called microsoft and the tech guy thinks it might just be the power cord, so they are sending me a new one to see if that's the problem. He said the cord is designed to burnout during a power surge saving the xbox from damage. I hope that's the problem.

I called microsoft and the tech guy thinks it might just be the power cord, so they are sending me a new one to see if that's the problem. He said the cord is designed to burnout during a power surge saving the xbox from damage. I hope that's the problem.

Wait, they even have a seperate power cord like a PC? Christ, it's even more of a PC wannabe than I knew. ;)

"Wait, they even have a seperate power cord like a PC? Christ, it's even more of a PC wannabe than I knew. " well all the other videogames have a separate power chord.

Shaddup, you're making my Billy Gates Box bashing look less credible. :)

Besides, I don't own any of the other consoles, I'm still remembering the N64 days. When consoles were consoles, and PCs were PCs. :D None of this Frankenstein halfbreed shit. :angry:

1. Take it into the garage and place it in the center of the concrete floor.

2. Go over to the tool box and find a large hammer.

3. Return to the Xbox in the middle of the floor with the hammer in your dominant hand.

4. Raise the hammer over your head.

5. Bring the hammer down onto the middle of the top of the Xbox forcefully(MS has conveniently shaped it in sort of an "X" shape, so finding the middle should not be difficult).

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the Xbox has been sufficiently rendered into thousands of tiny pieces.

Like it would be that easy, the Xbox is bulletproof. :p

(and yes, I do realize that it was only a 9mm shell and a large hammer would destroy an Xbox)

Anyways, good luck fixing your Xbox.