new topic notification

Kirilla

Click on My Controls - it should be on the upper right of the page.

In your control panel on the sidebar to the left there should be a section called Subscriptions. Unsubscribe to whatever thread/forum you want.

Alos go to Email settings and uncheck the box marked Enable 'Email Notification' by default?

In future I guess it would be a better idea to post this type of query in Obsidian General.

Keep us posted. In the meantime, I'm moving this to Obsidian General, since it's not really a topic regarding computers or technology. One of the other mods might have insight as well. have insight as well.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

• 2 weeks later...
But if I unsubscribe I believe I can't post anymore (at least, when I first created an account I couldn't post in the KOTOR forums until I subscribed to them)?

I think that is two different things.

The subscriptions to the forums shouldn't send you emails automatically with new messages.

However, I have a problem (and I seem to be the only mod this happens with) that when I use the quick reply, I automatically get that thread added to my list of subscriptions.

Other than that, when you do a reply, there are three boxes under the window where you type, the bottom one says "Enable email notification of replies?" and that should be unchecked (that box doesn't show for me on quick reply and is always automatically checked even with doing a regular reply)

Kirilla is right, i once received 130 topic reply notifications in one afternoon from just two topics. I tried to disable the notifications but it didn't work at the time, so since i rarely post here anymore i just quit. But it does happen, only yesterday i received 8 e-mails with reply notifications from the same topic at once.

-SNAP-

My controls

E-mail settings

Disable

Enable 'Email Notification' by default?

If ticked, choose default type: No Email Notification Immediate Email Notification Delayed Emailed Notification Daily Email Digest Weekly Email Digest

Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to.

:wub:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Don't forget to "amend my e-mail settings" (might even include a confirmation e-mail... but that is too long ago)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee