Anyone seen these shows?

Pope

on Rome: I've read here and there that they're making the 2nd season but they announced the won't be making a third. Perhaps that's what he/she meant by 'cancelled.'

Of course, they could always change their mind mid-2nd season. We can hope.

HBO announced Wednesday that the second season of its epic series set in the time of Caesar will debut Jan. 7. At the same time, the network says next season will be the last for the show.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-romeendi...-news-headlines

That was what he ment by it yes ;)

Hrmm, so its pretty much just going to be the story of the creation of the Roman Empire with its roots in Caesar with Octavius becoming the first Emperor. Looking forward to seeing more Cleopatra. The actress they got was perfect.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The pilot for a new series featuring Ray Liotta called Smith was on last night. It tells the story of a master theif who leads a dual life, one part criminal the other devoted family man. I see it's repeated again tonight. Definately worth a look.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

• 1 month later...

The Nine has a great premise but it soon fell in melodramatic drivel.

Some dramatic scenes are very poignant however, like when the doctor loses a patient he cared a great deal about and when it was going on he had flashbacks of a similar situation from the bank incident.

Eagon's storyline I also like a lot, it reminds me a great deal of American beauty(one of my favorite movies ever).

I thought there would be more "action" scenes from the bank or a bigger mystery involving The Nine(like they're all aliens or something) but no, it's a drama, about what happens in the minds of the survivors of a bank robbery gone bad.

I like some parts of it but I think I'll soon give up.

• 1 year later...

Alright, over a year has passed, and since then I have seen:

Battlestar Galactica (season 1 & 2)

It was okay, definitely not too sci-fi which is a good thing. Haven't started the 3rd season yet since I was planning to watch it together with the 4th once that's done, but the writers' strike is messing things up alas. Gaius Baltar makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Heroes (season 1)

I watched the entire season in 2 days. Had lots of fun. I'd like to do a marathon for the 2nd one as well, but that too is on hold thanks to that blasted writers' strike. It was awesome to see Linderman was actually A Britisch Person from the South Park episode Pip.

Oz (season 1)

Somehow that place feels more like a set than an actual prison (most likely because it actually is a set). Harold Perrineau's whining is getting a bit annoying though (couldn't stand him on Lost either). The ending really sucked, but luckily I already have the 2nd season at hand. I expected Adebisi to be a bit cooler to be honest. Maybe it's because I keep seeing Eko (still wonder why he wanted to leave Lost). And Kenny was also a lot more interesting in...

The Wire (seasons 1-4)

Where have you been all my life?! This show is freakin' awesomeness incarnate! It's the most realistic and believable thing I've ever seen on tv, every other show just pales in comparison after seeing this. Season 3 was my favorite so far, loved the whole Hamsterdam story. Anyone currently watching the 5th season?

Stuff to see soon:

Carnivale

Lost season 4 (8 days to go!)

The Wire (seasons 1-4)

Where have you been all my life?! This show is freakin' awesomeness incarnate! It's the most realistic and believable thing I've ever seen on tv, every other show just pales in comparison after seeing this. Season 3 was my favorite so far, loved the whole Hamsterdam story. Anyone currently watching the 5th season?

Nope canceled HBO, however the first 4 seasons are some of the best TV I have ever seen. Although I was not a big fan of season 2.

The Wire (seasons 1-4)

Nope canceled HBO, however the first 4 seasons are some of the best TV I have ever seen. Although I was not a big fan of season 2.

I seem to hear that a lot. I rather liked the docks storyline myself. It was an interesting change, and you have to admit McNulty's antics during the first few episodes were comedy gold. It's a pity he didn't get much screentime in season 4.

Btw, the actor who plays

Daniels

will be appearing in Lost.

The Dead Zone: same as above

Dead Zone does have story arcs, but the majority of it focuses on self-contained stories with arc drama in the background.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Lost and Prison Break renewed my interest in tv-shows. But since 1 meager episode a week doesn't cut it anymore, I'm on the lookout for other shows. I tried Invasion, but after about 10 episodes I decided that it sucked. These are the other ones that piqued my interest, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they're any good before I start wasting $ or bandwith on them:

The 4400: does this show go anywhere, or is it just another endless X-Files?

The Dead Zone: same as above

Oz: 6 seasons seems quite much to me, does it have closure or is it more of a soap?

Alias: I read the final episodes feel a bit too forced

Rome: heard lots of good stuff about this one

Taken: I saw the first two episodes and I got bored, does it get better?

Any others? Keep in mind that I'm not too fond of too much sci-fi, especially when there's aliens involved (which is why I didn't like Invasion and Taken all that much).

4400 has ups and downs. I probably wouldn't recommend it, especially since it got cancelled at the end of season 4 (cliffhanger and completely untold story).

I highly recommend:

Chuck - a funny drama/comedy/spy series

Burn Notice - like McGyver but more awesome

The Big Bang Theory (a bunch of uni nerds try to become normal) - 20 min per ep comedy.

Very good shows.

Reaper is also a new one. Comedy I guess. You might like it.

Never seen this thread before but I'm glad I did. I'd highly recommend Dexter season 1 and 2 from showtime. Show is absolutely amazing, if you're into a comedy drama that centers around a sociopath. Great show, please watch.

I recently watched the premier of Breaking Bad. Basically it's about this Chemistry teacher that finds out he has lung cancer and resorts to making meth to support his financially unstable family and leave them with something when he dies. It's a dark comedy and is pretty interesting. Judging from the pilot that was aired I think it was maybe meant to be on hbo or showtime becuase there was a woman's breasts that were blurred out and a few f bombs that were edited. Besides those hiccups I highly enjoyed it. My only real qualm is that there are only 9 episodes and they've shot 7 of them and since the writers striek has happened who knows when they'll finish or if it ever will since it airs on amc and who the hell watches that.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The Big Bang Theory (a bunch of uni nerds try to become normal) - 20 min per ep comedy.

I just saw a couple of clips of that on Youtube, and it was mostly awful.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 1 month later...

burn notice is great. i really like bruce campbell's character, too, but i've always liked him even in his more campy movies.

psych, also on USA Network, is hilarious. the way they deal with shawn's "psychic" abilities in some cases is a bit odd (like a bionic "zoom-in" to whatever he notices), but otherwise the two main characters (the other being gus) are great together.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Oz: 6 seasons seems quite much to me, does it have closure or is it more of a soap?

CERTAINLY WITHOUT A DOUBT WORTH WATCHING, it's an awesome show.

Rome: heard lots of good stuff about this one

Also very very good I was extremel impresed with both series.

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

• 4 weeks later...

Finished the last season of The Wire last night.

The ending couldn't have been any more perfect. Some got what they deserved, some got what they didn't deserve, some didn't get what they did deserve. Just like real life.

My favorite part was

the way they wrapped up Omar's story. Although he went down in a very un-gangster-like fashion, and even though to the morque and paper he was just another 34-year-old dead black man, on the streets his legacy lives on, both in the form of very exaggerated tales of his demise, as well as Michael sort of stepping in his shoes.

Kudos to the best televison experience I ever had.

Edited by Pope

I'm a big fan of Jericho. Last year it concentrated on a town trying to survive after a nuclear strike took out most of the country. This year it's big on political intrigue, which I find equally interesting. I've heard that it was canceled once again, though. :thumbsup:

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

I'm a big fan of Jericho. Last year it concentrated on a town trying to survive after a nuclear strike took out most of the country. This year it's big on political intrigue, which I find equally interesting. I've heard that it was canceled once again, though. :ermm:

I'd have thought a show in which America gets nuked would be a good export product. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We have it here in Finland, heh :ermm:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I love the Big Bang Theory. It's gotten better with every episode.

Same. I find it excellent! The humour is fantastically nerdy.

I've been watching Jericho. I think I saw the finale, because it tied up lots of threads and I'm not sure how they'd go from there. That was episode 207. I enjoyed the finale, though. Probably influenced by both the writer's strike and threat of cancellation.

Apparently Jericho was massively popular on the internet but not on TV.

Battlestar Galactica 401 in one week!