GOTHIC 3 - GOLD!!!!!

elkston

Gothic 3 has gone gold and will be released to all of Europe on October 13th. Germany/Austria will get the Germain version and everywhere else gets the English version. For a source, go to rpgdot.com and find the news item. A link to Pirhanna Byte's annoucement can be found there.

The tentative release date for the USA and North America is November. But, if you are in the States/Canada and do not want to wait here are some options.

1. Gameplay.co.uk - UK e-tailer that ships worldwide. I used them for the UK version of Gothic 2 and they are reputable.

Gothic 3 product page: http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/produc...uctcode=RM02367

2. Game.co.uk - Another UK online ship that ships worldwide.

Gothic 3 product page: http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10341&mid=326433

3. gogamer.com - A USA based shop. Someone at RPGDOT has asked gogamer if they will import the UK version of Gothic 3 and they said yes. They did the same for the UK Gothic 2 so I beleive you will be able to order it from them (and pay domestic shipping instead of overseas) as the release date approaches.

Otherwise, just wait until ASPYR releases stateside in Novemember (or maybe later?). Personally, I am not waiting. :)

Also, a new video of the English version of Gothic 3 has just been released. It is one of the best yet and now you can really see what is closed to the finished product with full localisation:

http://www.worldofgothic.com/?go=comments&id=169

P.S. : Kaftan B. and Judge Hades .... it is time to rejoice!!!! :)

Edited by elkston

Wow, game looks like it'll be fun.

A few things threw me off. When the PC speaks, his movements are like some rapper with his arms flailing around.

And do we HAVE to join one of the three factions? What if I don't really like any of the factions and just want to become a power in my own right? I think that would be fun 4th option.

But otherwise, looking forward to this game and NWN2 and The Witcher.

I think I'll get mine at Gogamer. Their service is pretty good.

You don't have to "join" one of the factions at all - you can even do jobs for different factions at the same time. Depending on what you do, this will produce different consequences with the various factions.

I don't expect you can avoid the factions altogether - presumably much of the story and quests are related to them, which makes sense.

I checked out that new movie. Apparently the voice-overs were made by the same team that did the Call of Duty 2 and Doom 3 voice-overs, plus some added Hollywood talent. Sounds good! Hopefully they didn't use the same voice for the dragons, one of the nameless hero's best friend's and the paladin's high advisor this time :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

GOLD, already???

I thought the presswork shouldn't need longer than 2 weeks to print the DVDs.... which would Piranha still give ~2 weeks more time for bugfixing. But whatever, I'm looking forward to it. I think I'll even get the CE. :)

Btw, there's a new gameplay video (6 min) in English. Clicky

Too bad the narrator just couldn't SHUT UP FOR ONE SINGLE SECOND so I could closely listen to the English voices.... But I think TNH in the English version is dubbed by the exactly same person as the German version.

Yeah, I am expecting Gothic 3 to demand a Core 2 Duo X6800, 2 GB superfast DDR2 RAM and two Ati X1950XTX in Crossfire to run properly. Piranha Bytes have stated that if your computer can handle Oblivion, it can handle Gothic 3, but I'm not so sure.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I tired to download the wmv file, but its not worth the wait. Maybe later. ANyway, I'm glad its gold and look forward to the first reviews. If all go well, I'll pick it up around the holidays

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I tired to download the wmv file, but its not worth the wait.  Maybe later.  ANyway, I'm glad its gold and look forward to the first reviews.  If all go well, I'll pick it up around the holidays

I used this link and had no waiting: http://gameswelt.de/pc/downloads/movies/de...p?item_id=58948

Anyway, for Ostrayians,

http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=12279

http://www.auran.com/auran/shop/Display_Product.php?PID=133

Question, if I get the UK copy from gogamer.com here in the states, will it be in english and just the same voiceovers as would be on the stateside release?

Also, they'll probably release a UK patch before the US one right? And will it be easy to distinguish the patches?

Edited by SadExchange

Englishmen speak English, for the most part, so it seems like a good bet to me. It wouldn't need to be localised again, would it? Of course it's better to measure twice and cut, once so I'm sorry if my irreverance might have bothered you.

Edited by Nartwak

Appreciate that, but can anyone give the real answer.  Just want to make sure that getting the import version isn't a bad idea.

There is only one English localisation. That's the one you'll get in the UK and in the USA, so don't worry.

The only issue with import versions versus the American ones may be that you might need to download different patches. Not a big deal for me.

I played the "UK" version of Gothic 2 in June of 2003 because the USA one did not come out until October of the same year. It was the same English voices and text as the USA version that came out.

So... I've heard conflicting reports.

Is Gothic good, okay or terrible?

Never played Gothic 1, but Gothic 2 was meh. Some people liked it but I found it lacking. No real character creation options, poor voice acting, and awkward controls basically killed the game for me. I didn't play it that long because I just couldn't get into it because of these issues. Who knows, you might like it. They both are probably in the bargin bin nowadays so it shouldn't cost much in case you do want to give them a try.

Harvey