Hope for the future of KOTOR?

Recently, I found this bit of news on the web:

"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway.

This may come as a surprise to those who are currently reading this, as it was previously believed that the KOTOR staff had been cut from the LucasArts project. I can also confirm that the KOTOR 3 team is now officially on LucasArts budget and eagerly developing what we hope to be a 'must have' title on as of yet unconfirmed Next Generation platforms for 2006.

With more details to be released in the coming weeks, 3 points concerning KOTOR 3 can be posted:

1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

This has yet to be posted onto the BioWare official website (www.bioware.com) as the pages are currently serving as a front to keep viewers occupied during a drastic remodelling process of the entire site.

As previously stated, this message is soon to be posted around the internet, and new details are to be released soon.

Keep checking back for more information."

Link to where from: Killermovies Forums

Okay, I admit, hardly the firmest or most comprehensive proof, and I have no idea where the person who posted this got it from himself, since he or she did not provide a link/graphic etc, but this does give hope for the future.

And on the bioware home page, under the "Games" section, it does have one game on the "in development section," which says: "New Next Gen Game."

Again, I know, hardly proof or anything even close, but still, if it's true... :D We can only hope and wait for updates.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Old news, was posted sometime ago, and was proven to be false

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Though saying that, if you go to Bioware's website today it says listed on it's games tab "new next gen game" which isn't Mass Effect or this multiplayer that is being mentioned. Depending on the way you look at it, it may be unfortunate, maybe not that there is no there information available, which may mean this is it (or then again maybe not)

I doubt it is. From what I remember Bioware said it wasn't Kotor III that was next gen.

Even so, I highly doubt it is, as they're working on Mass Effect, which is HUGE. Working on both that *and* Kotor III is... impossible. Well, unless you make both games mediocre.

On a related note, doesn't obsidion have the Kotor rights now? So, even if Bioware wanted to, they couldn't?

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

I'm sure that if its the "zOMG biggest title of 2006" We would have heard reviews and previews and everything of this new upcomming game, there isnt many months left of this year and usually there is a lot of notice when new games come out.

Anyways what sort of combat is this "Jade Empire"

Someone really needs to arrest the guy who made that bloody hoax.

The thing's been circulating the net for at least a year now, and people are still bringing it up. In any case, if you read the "article" you'll see that just about all of the information provided is blatantly erroneous, and not in any way plausible for the third addition to the KOTOR series. A Mod should close this thread so that like the hundred or so others spawned from this hoax makers bull***t it doesn't waste anyones time.

I'm not attacking you KOTORFanactic, just the tool who fabricated the press release.

Edited by MasterJediConsular

"Though saying that, if you go to Bioware's website today it says listed on it's games tab "new next gen game" which isn't Mass Effect or this multiplayer that is being mentioned."

I would not be surprised if the unannounced next gen action RPG shown on the BIO site is atcually JE2. I seriously doubt it's KOTOR3. BIO simply doesn't want to make others' IPs, and if they do, I'm sure they're done with the KOTOR series. If they weren't, they'd have made KOTOR2.

"Even so, I highly doubt it is, as they're working on Mass Effect, which is HUGE. Working on both that *and* Kotor III is... impossible. Well, unless you make both games mediocre."

Why do people write this. BIO isn't your typical developer.

FACT: Most devs are lucky to have 50 employees.

FACT: BIO has around 300 employees; not to mention a partnership wih another deveoper, and financial backing from another group.

FACT: Most devs can work on1-2 games just fine.

FACT: BIO has worked, and continues to work on multiple games for a long while now. Afterall, they workd on BG2, NWN, and KOTOR (as well as expansions, and possibly even JE) at the same time (overlapped though).

"Anyways what sort of combat is this "Jade Empire"

JE has RT combat; but otherwise it's set up like KOTOR in terms of story, characters, and role-playing. I personally believe JE is even better than KOTOR; because it's combat is much more fun and challenging plus the characters are cooler, and choices aren't as black and white.

KOTOR3 would be nice to have. I'd surely buy it; but it's nearly a given that BIO won't be developing it. It'll either be Obsidian, or someone entirely new.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.