Wikipedia

Fionavar

Dink Smallwood is good, mindless fun.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Agree w/the others - Dink Smallwood is a lot of fun...don't expect good graphics tho. I remember Descent too, from before it was freeware - we liked that one for a while, even if the controls made you dizzy. We tried Descent3 or something not too long ago - pretty much more of the same only prettier.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nethack is of course a classic.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The only game on that list that I have played is N. Fun little flash game where you get to play as a ninja and make your way through the maps collecting gold and dodging enemies. o:)

N could be madly enfuriating at times.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The only game on that list that I have played is N. Fun little flash game where you get to play as a ninja and make your way through the maps collecting gold and dodging enemies. :thumbsup:

N could be madly enfuriating at times.

That it could. I think I once spent nearly a month trying to beat one of the later levels that required nearly perfect timing in order to avoid a certain enemy. I think the first time I finally beat it, I had so little time left that I couldn't finish the next level. o:)