The Saberless jedi?

Anyone ever done anything like this before? Instead of using a light sabre just use melee weapons instead? I know that melee weapons have a hard time competeing with the really nice crystal combos, but it seems like it would make for some fun game play (and sabers are a bit more rare in TSL than the first)

I've done it one step further: The Blaster Wielding Exile. I'm sure more people have done it, and I also think they'll agree that it's a great time :p

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

actually if you get the best upgrades possible for melee weapons you can get their power up in the 50's. Not only that but since they do slashing damage it's harder to resist for msot foes. I hit VERY high with melee with hanharr.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Yep that's what I was saying. My hanhar hits high with them. Also unarmed combat is cool. Get lightning or disruption gloves and continue to train with hadmaiden in unarmed combat and do all unarmed combat stuff and your actually looking at alot of damage.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

^++ If not as a guardian then I start with the Echani Brand from Taris then Yusanis double thingy then Ajuna Pall's double blade. Until I get the Solaris Crystal like every other light sided [disgusted]Jedi[/disgusted]. If guardian then as soon as a corpse gives me one I use a double Light saber....

A question that has been burning into my skull since reading the description on Bastilla's Lightsaber. If a double bladed lightsaber represents the users aggressive nature. Why can Bastilla use one and not get chewed up by Vrook.

Also why is a Red Lightsaber an option for the Exile? Where did s/he get it?

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

In Kotor 1 there were the Baragwin Assault blades which was almost the best weapon in the game. I paired it with a lightsaber with those two special crystals (don't remember their names, like "Heart of the Force" or something and something-Guardian?) since melee blades can't deflect blasters.

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

In Kotor 1 there were the Baragwin Assault blades which was almost the best weapon in the game. I paired it with a lightsaber with those two special crystals (don't remember their names, like "Heart of the Force" or something and something-Guardian?) since melee blades can't deflect blasters.

Thats why I thought bout doing this in TSL force deflection

^++ If not as a guardian then I start with the Echani Brand from Taris then Yusanis double thingy then Ajuna Pall's double blade. Until I get the Solaris Crystal like every other light sided [disgusted]Jedi[/disgusted]. If guardian then as soon as a corpse gives me one I use a double Light saber....

A question that has been burning into my skull since reading the description on Bastilla's Lightsaber. If a double bladed lightsaber represents the users aggressive nature. Why can Bastilla use one and not get chewed up by Vrook.

Also why is a Red Lightsaber an option for the Exile? Where did s/he get it?

Well first off bastillas saber was not really her saber or at least the double bladed one. It was just a saber they found. Second off The Exile probably got his red saber from the mandalorian wars because he set out to follow revan.

- Xard

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the lightsaber you pick off of the vulker boss, Brejik was it? Is in fact Bastila's lightsaber. Most, if not all, conversations about Taris prove it. Paraphrasing:

"I was searching for my lightsaber, when the Vulkers jumped me. I was all but exhausted, after the fight on the Endar Spire, so I couldn't put up much of a fight. I can only surmise they looted it from the pod like all my other belongings."

On the topic of having a "Red" llightsaber, well, if the exile chose to head to the darkside after the Mandalorien Wars, after seeing Revan be so powerful, it's not that hard to believe he acquired a red crystal.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the lightsaber you pick off of the vulker boss, Brejik was it? Is in fact Bastila's lightsaber. Most, if not all, conversations about Taris prove it. Paraphrasing:

Yeah but when we see bastilla in the movies against revan she had a yellow single bladed saber. I think that the double bladed one is just one she finds. Also you do have to remember that back in the days of the old republic jedi could learn dark moves in the counsil and not be corrupted as easy and charisma can help all this. Bastilla was pretty resisitant towards the dark side and a saber is generally not going to symbol that your evil all the time. One of the COUNSIL members in KOTOR2 had a purple double. Either way I still am not convinced that the double bladed lightsaber that you find in the first one is bastillas.

On the topic of having a "Red" llightsaber, well, if the exile chose to head to the darkside after the Mandalorien Wars, after seeing Revan be so powerful, it's not that hard to believe he acquired a red crystal

Yep. That's what I am saying. He followed Revan (most likley as a dark jedi because revan made him one) and obtained the red color asa symbol of his allignment to revan and his rebellian against the jedi order.

- Xard

So far as melee weapons are concerned -- I remember my KOTOR character ended up wielding a lightsaber in one hand and some sort of a vibroblade in the other -- for a variety of damage types, so I don't have to switch from one weapon to another based on the resistances/shielding of the particular enemies I was fighting. AFAIR it was very rare that an enemy would be resistant to/shielded from both physical (vibroblade) and energy (lightsaber) damage types. There are some shields here and there that can do that, but they are rare.

I believe the lightsaber has to be in your primary hand to be able to deflect blaster fire, but I'm not sure.

Then, who said that a Jedi has to wield a lightsaber? Early Sith apparently wielded plain old blades, and so must have the early Jedi. And who said the lightsaber has to be green, or blue, or yellow, or single/double bladed, and of what length? And who said the lightsaber cannot be red, even if the wielder is light side? And who said that a Jedi has to wear robes, rather than, say, a Mandalorian armor? As the Jedi tutorial at the beginning of KOTOR says, these are mere attributics -- they make it easier for people to identify what the wielder is, and merely so.

It must be said that dark side users, given their ways of deception, would probably have more reasons to masquerade as good than a light side user would to masquerade as evil -- but it is possible too, consider light side Revan entering the Sith academy undercover in KOTOR.

In fact, the good thing about KOTOR is that your player character's appearance has virtually no effect on how he/she is perceived by the NPC's (except for a very few scenes) -- they treat you based on what you say and what you do, rather than based on what you look like (well... one could argue, based on your character's Charisma as well, but that one is usually associated more with leadership/influence skills than mere appearance). I wish that was the case in real life as well, i.e. that people (self included) could normally see past the looks, which, in Kyle Katarn's words, "don't count for much."

But if they don't understand this -- i.e. that the wielder's identity is not defined by their appearance and vice versa -- it's not the wielder's problem, and hence should not be the wielder's concern -- right?

Edited by Pa3PyX

^ I agree ,...and I am a disagreeable person. :D

OPG,

So Bastilla got that after the battle ,after the bond was formed. You could say Malak was right about her wanting to explore the darkness ,the double blade could be an example of this.

Did the Exile pledge himerself to Revan? Conversations with Brianna and Kriea would seem to suggest otherwise. {Fanfictiony conjecture} Perhaps the old saber was destroyed somehow and the crystal was a gift. *shrugs* Also it appears the Exile didn't fall to the Darkside so how could that be the reason for the colour? What Pa3Pyx said.

On topic: You don't need a lightsaber to deflect sure its more efficient but you can use the deflecting power for that. I don't usually get enough sabers to give Kriea one so I make sure she has that power ,whatever it's called.

....... .

Edited by Purgatorio

Anyone ever done anything like this before? Instead of using a light sabre just use melee weapons instead? I know that melee weapons have a hard time competeing with the really nice crystal combos, but it seems like it would make for some fun game play (and sabers are a bit more rare in TSL than the first)

Yes. Vibroswords with melee upgrades dealing melee damage and also with deadly devaronian edges for using such weapons for two-weapon fighting. Stealth skill can assist in creating such upgrades. Even more so with Master Camouflage bonus for Stealth from Watchman/Assassin classes.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

On topic: You don't need a lightsaber to deflect sure its more efficient but you can use the deflecting power for that. I don't usually get enough sabers to give Kriea one so I make sure she has that power ,whatever it's called.

....... .

Now I remember -- when I saw that, I thought, "Darth Vader style"... and AFAIR that power was a new addition in KOTOR2 (was not in original KOTOR), yes?

Yep. Force deflection was not in the original KOTOR.

On topic of "Saberless Jedi", well, I play a Sith assassin once in awhile. The feeling of metal cutting flesh is... invigorating, for an assassin such as myself.

Whoa.

:( Yes ,it is. Like in K1 when killing Calo Nord because he wears a shield and it being early in the game lightsabers aren't that effective. That sound is invigorating the blade biting flesh and bone very visceral.

Marauders get extra melee feats like specialization 1-3 don't they? :thumbsup: