So Game Prices are Rising?

Volourn

I think not.

In 2002, I bought NWN1 for about $90 Kanandian.

In 2006, I bought NWN2 LE for about $75 Kanadian.

This pattern holds true for the most part. Games, in my experience, are getting cheaper to buy.

So, why is it the public perception, is that games ar egetting more expensive when on the whole it's actually the reverse? Espicially when inflation is taken into account.

Is it because people automatically complain about price so they feel 'ripped off' and 'taken advantage of' by 'The Man tm'? And, then they add the 'games are more expensive now' to rub the salt on the wound.

Anyways, NWN2 will rock!!! :cool: :luck::thumbsup:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Its just that the Canadian Dollar has also increased in value."

Hmm.. Good point about that. For soem reason, that fact slipped my mind. I think it's shock that anyone actually thinks the Kanadian Dollar has value outside of Kanada! L0LLERS!

Still, I don't think prices are increasing all that much.

:thumbsup:

P.S. Good point, again! :luck:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

C$90 for a game?  That's very high for a basic game so I'm guessing you ordered something fancy.

No, that was the price of the basic NWN game when it first was released here in Canada. It was a bloody ripoff and I'm glad I didn't purchase it. The majority of games that I have seen and can remember purchasing have been $59.99 cdn. :thumbsup:

until the last couple years or so the average price of a game in Canada was around 75 bucks. Now its more around 50-60 due to the increase in the value of the Canadian dollar. I am kinda angry about some places not catching on to the value change though. Its still 11 bucks for an $8 book, $20 for a $12 comic trade paperback, etc.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I only know that Xbox 360 games here in Sweden are 100 SEK more expensive than Playstation 2/Gamecube/Xbox games are (they all cost exactly the same, for some annoying reason). Supposedly, the Playstation 3 games will match those high Xbox 360 prices, and sometimes even outdo them. Go Sony go.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I only know that Xbox 360 games here in Sweden are 100 SEK more expensive than Playstation 2/Gamecube/Xbox games are (they all cost exactly the same, for some annoying reason). Supposedly, the Playstation 3 games will match those high Xbox 360 prices, and sometimes even outdo them. Go Sony go.

Yeah the 360 prices are insane.

I bought an xb 360 2 month ago and apart from Fifa wc ~600

all games since have been old classics:

Jade Emipire 170:-

Halo 2 CE 190:-

Namco museum 99:-

And "Dora the explorer" for Game cube 140:- (My daughter forced me) :thumbsup:

Its nice when treasures like Jade empire and Fable going low budget.