Unkillable enemies discussion

Judge Hades

I hate the damn Werewolf. Once was enough for that game. Here my vampire was killing uber vamps, far beyond the power of a werewolf according to the rules system, and Troika, in their infinite stupidity, made it next to invulnerable. Makes no sense and it was poor game design. Rules need to be consistant otherwise the game becomes a joke.

Seriously, folks, as funny as the whole 'Werewolf ate Hades for lunch' shtick is funny; it's beyond played out.

That said, I'm the last person to talk about 'shticks' being played out' so keep it up! :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And you wonder why it keeps getting brought up.

We all know you can't resist posting something you have already posted hundreds of times before.  We might as well have some fun with it.

It would be funny if it wasn't true. Okay, it is true but its funny anyway. Sad also. My poor poor Malkavian. :'(

:p

..according to the rules system..

And therein lies the problem with you "hardcore" RPG players. **** the rules system, play the game as you see fit and have fun instead of whining about rules.

Follow the rules of the game or the game is nothing. If the game is based on an established rules system it should abide to that rules system as faithfully and as consistantly as possible.

Hahahahhahahaha. I can just imagine the dude:

First try: Not knowing wtf's happening and the werewolf's on top of him and s/he tries to melee it and gets pwned

Second try: Knows werewolf's coming so buffs and preps stuff for it. Gets owned again.

Third try: Considers where to run to. Indecisive and gets pwned again.

Hahhahahahahahhah!

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Follow the rules of the game or the game is nothing.  If the game is based on an established rules system it should abide to that rules system as faithfully and as consistantly as possible.

I emphatically disagree.

Fun is fun. Given the situation with the werewolf, it would have been much less exhilirating if I could just blast it with my current weapons and kill it. Whoop-dee-doo, good thing they sent me up there to meet Nines, time to head back down the mountain.

The werewolf part is one of the few times in a game where I actually felt a bit of adrenaline flowing, as he smashed down walls chasing me, ambushing me when I thought I may have lost him. If a story writer can manipulate the arbitrary rules of a fictional universe to result in something that is actually more fun than if the the same situation stuck religiously to the rules, then I say go for it.

The werewolf scene was one of the coolest parts of Bloodlines as far as I'm concerned. A break from the rest of the game.

• Like 1

Alanschu is right, of course.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Nope, Alan is wrong. The Werewolf scene in Bloodlines is terrible because it is very much inconsistant with the rest of the game. Disregarding the PnP rules and just focusing on the rules given in the game given the power level of a typical werewolf as shown that should have also made the head asian vampire, the sherrif, and La Croix also invincible since those three are indeed more powerful and ancient than a garden variety werewolf.

Nope, Alan is wrong. The Werewolf scene in Bloodlines is terrible because it is very much inconsistant with the rest of the game. Disregarding the PnP rules and just focusing on the rules given in the game given the power level of a typical werewolf as shown that should have also made the head asian vampire, the sherrif, and La Croix also invincible since those three are indeed more powerful and ancient than a garden variety werewolf.

It didn't break the consistency of the game, because you don't fight many werewolves. In fact, it's the only one you encounter. If you bumped into other werewolves, and they weren't invincible, then you would have a case.

Fun is fun. And the werewolf was fun. It was something different, which is refreshing in a long game as they typically tend to get repetitive (and by that time, Bloodlines was starting to get pretty repetitive with its hack and slash).

Edited by alanschu

I had fun doing it. One of the most interesting parts of the game. A big game of cat and mouse, resulting in the destruction of an observatory, as you waited anxiously for the Gondola to come up.

It's too bad you couldn't see it that way.

Not really.

Nines repeated over, and over, and over, that there was no point in trying to fight a werewolf. I thought he made it quite clear it was pretty much an exercise in futility.

When I saw the zeroes shooting up when I shot the werewolf, I realized what Nines was talking about. It wasn't really all that big of a surprise.

But he lost half his face doing it. And maybe there was another observatory in the vicinity of where he landed. ^_^

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: