Who is the best gunman?

Who do you prefer?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer?

• HK- 47
    • Mandalore
    • Atton

Are we talking skills or just personality? HK is pretty funny, but I prefer Atton as the blaster wingman, if I have one at all. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

HK-47. He has dark humor and is good with a blaster.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Potentially, Atton. If you give him some Scoundrel levels, he'll get a nice sneak attack bonus.

I usually give him a disruptor weapon, with a Pinpoint Scope (increases critical threat range to 15-20), as well as rapid shot. Once he becomes a Jedi, I'll have him cast Master Speed on himself, and blast away. He can do just as much damage as a lightsaber wielder, and the disruptor damage rips through shields.

I like all three of them, personality wise. However, if we're talking overall damage output definately Atton. Especially after certain events transpire and/or when combined with a consular in you're team. Sneak Attacks all around! :D

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

actually mandalore and hk 47 are both stronger than atton with guns unless attons recieves a special sneak attack but that's only for one enemy. Hk 47 has a chance after scoring a criticle to hit one half the foes remaining health. The droid has better ranged feats than atton. Mandalore has an implant switching thing as well. I have to say madalore is the best in my opinion unless you have the compactor armor for hk-47 which absorbs 75 percent of all energy damae basically making energy attacks useless. I arm mandalore with duel mandalorian disintergraters and upgrade it with the best possible upgrades and he owns so well dude. I say mandalore and hk-47 is very close behind. Atton is not the best gunman though.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Atton is not the best gunman though.

He is in my games. This is just based on my observations of course, but Atton (armed with two Mandalorian Rippers, and later, Mandalorian Disintigrators) was killing things faster than Bao and my Exile could even get to them with melee weapons. Of course I usually play LS Consulars so everything is either A) frozen in Stasis or B) stunned with Stun/Disable/Destroy Droid, depending on what it is. That means Atton was landing Sneak Attacks everytime he hit something.

Of course a really good gunman, or rather gunwoman, is missing from this poll: Mira. As a scout she gets tons of feats for free that cater specifically for gun slingers.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Hk-47, if he has his personal gear. *semi-spoilers*

The droid Assassin Rifle gives HK all of the Sniper Shot feats, and, given how few feats he gets for a "combat Droid", well, it's a huge bonus.

The Droid Assassination Module gives Hk an attack modifier bonus of +3, and the feats: Precise Shot I, II, and III, and Targeting I, II, and III.

Lastly is HK's Droid Capacitor Armor. Gives him 75% resistance to Electrical, Ion, and Energy Damage.

Add to that HK's integrated Assassination protocols, and you've got *the* best rifleman in The Sith Lords.

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

I agree with Kyrivian. I do much prefer HK, especially with his personal items.

Another reason is I prefer turning as many characters into Jedi as possible; including Atton, so I have him concentrate on melee.

Mandalore as a melee-powerhouse is also excellent to have, especially on Onderon: Part 1.

I do generally prefer to use melee anyway, so that leaves me with T3, HK, and G0T0 as my gunmen choices. To this, HK is easily the best of the gunmen, though T3 is a good substitute.

G0T0? ... <_<

Edited by KOTORFanactic

K I jsut got all the important feats and lvl'd them all up to lvl 50 with the best possible ranged feats and gear and mandalore hits the most and the highest the msot often. Hk-47 is slightly behind but only by a hair and atton is like half as good only seriusly.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Do you have HK with his personalized equipment, and mandalore and atton some damn good equipment? Or did you just level them to 50, give htem a blaster rifle, and let 'em have at it?

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

Do you have HK with his personalized equipment, and mandalore and atton some damn good equipment? Or did you just level them to 50, give htem a blaster rifle, and let 'em have at it?

Yeah I got HK with some personal gear like his capactor armor with absorbs 75 percent energy. Mandalore still hits the best. Gave mandalore alot of the best dexterity stuff and fully upgraded (best upgrades) mandalorian disintgators (which are the best guns in my opinion cause you wield two and their unstoppable to anything) and mandalore hits slight more than hk but it is VERY close. This may be cause I couldn't get the dexterity on hk as high but they are both really good. Atton is like 1/3 of all these guys but he has a fully upgraded mandalorian heavy reater instead of disintegrators but ah well. He is still not as good.

- Xard

Then I would recomend Leveling all three of them to 50, and giving them each a blaster rifle/single blaster pistol, and seeing how they fare. Makes it more even, and a lot easier to judge.