Playstation 3 delayed in Europe

mkreku

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67341

Haha, talk about a deathblow to Sony. The new Blu-Ray lasers aren't ready in time so they have to delay the release in Europe. In the US and Japan it will still be released in November, but only in very small quantities.

Sony should have learnt from Microsoft: a worldwide release is NOT an easy task to pull off. Now they'll look even dumber than Microsoft..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Oh, I also have silly links regarding the news!

http://ps3delay.ytmnd.com/

http://ps3nooooooooo.ytmnd.com/

You win :blink:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

mkreku won the moment I posted in his thread and not yours.

:lol:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Speaking of Sony victories

According to Sony, the official US PlayStation 3 site's caveat that the HDMI connection is required for 1080p signals in Blu-ray movies is fallout from uncertainty over the Image Constraint Token - a next-generation anti-piracy measure.

Sony has made an issue of pointing out that 1080p, which the Xbox 360 is incapable of, is the Holy Grail of "full HD". As it stands now, the only game that is running in 1080p, said Fargher, is Gran Turismo HD - a tech demo crafted by Polyphony to showcase what the system is capable of.

This is in line with our earlier report, where a development source told Kikizo that, "even with [final hardware] in mind, reaching good frame rates at 1080p with next-gen graphics is almost impossible. Instead many developers, ourselves included, are reworking so they run at 720p. "

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yeah, so?! I have.. uh.. witty pictures in MY thread! :p

doomedps3.jpg

Wow that is in pretty poor taste ... <_<

Epihany's thunder has been stolen; this is not up for disagreement.

Surreptishus is PROFIT.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

sony = winnar

No!

sony = loser

the correct response was "sony = looser" When responding to intentional misspelling, intentional misspelling is the correct response.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Got to love the fact that Playstation 3 was numero uno on Webhallen's top 20 preorder list before this announcement. Two hours later, it was fourth. It's fifth right now. Poor Sony.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Got to love the fact that Playstation 3 was numero uno on Webhallen's top 20 preorder list before this announcement. Two hours later, it was fourth. It's fifth right now. Poor Sony.

Not so sure I would go with 'poor'.

a) Rootkit.

b) Millions of crappy laptop batteries (Dell, HP, etc).

This doesn't really affect me all that much as I live in the US, and the US is getting more consoles at launch (400,000) than we did with the 360 at launch. The majority of people I've talked to said they were going to wait to buy a PS3 anyways so I don't see how a March 07 release in Europe is a big deal. I don't know why people in the US care about whether or not the rest of the world gets a PS3 this year or not either. If you worked in the games industry and it put a hole in some of your plans I might understand someone in the US getting worked up over it. In other other instances though, I would personally call it trolling.

If you can't get a PS3, there are other console options. Pickup a Wii, or the 360, or both. Get a PS3 later on. What's the big deal? :ermm:

Production issues happen. It sucks for Sony, but again it doesn't really affect me in any way. I feel sorry for all of those Europeans who wanted to get a PS3 this year, and rest assured that you will have my sympathy when I'm playing my PS3 in November.

And hey, you Euros can still get a PS3, technically. Remember that it's Region free, so you can try and import it. Good luck. You'll need it.

*Waits for November*