Cheats

you have to first look up the codes that you need to enter, IGN is good but most sites have it fairly correct. In order to activiate cheats in game you have to hit the tilde key ( looks like = ~ ) After that type in the code exactly how you read it, but take note that unlike in K1 the cheat line in K2 is invisible, so you have to type accuractly. Enjoy!

Gamespot is such a site that list cheat codes.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I have to confess that when i made the pics,i did a big ass imortal and money cheat. :">

There is no peace; there is aggression.

There is no fear; there is power.

There is no serenity, there is anger.

There is no weakness; there is strength.

There is no death; there is the immortality of the Dark Side.

I am the Heart of Darkness.

I know no fear, but rather I instill it in my enemies.

I am the destroyer of worlds.

I know the power of the Dark Side.

I am the fire of hate.

All the Universe bows before me.

I pledge myself to the Darkness.

For I have found true life, in the death of the light.

• 1 month later...

on some European keyboards you have to press shift (or ALT-GR) + ~ button and then space in order to activate the console (as this is how you write the symbol) .. it's a little wierd, but that's why some with non-US or English KBs can't get it to work!

Fortune favors the bald.

not true .. a mod usually alters a gameplay significally - while a cheat can be used to get the +30 gp you are missing to buy the +1 mace (or whatever) .. hence it would be pretty much overkill to mod the game for such minor cheats.. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Same here. But some people dont play on PC, so then the console menu cheats may be their only option.

There are many 'mods' that aren't big gameplay-changers either...Morrowind and Dungeon Siege was full of those. Tiny little 'mods' that really did nothing but give you lots of money somehow, or gave you a house to put all your stuff in, or made shopkeepers sell potions at an earlier point etc. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 3 months later...