G0-t0 vs T3-m4

Well, I've been seeing a lot of negative posts about G0-t0, and I was wondering why.

I recently took him for a spin, and found that he's extremely useful. Subsequently, I figured I'd compare the two.

Pros for G0-T0:

He can stealth, which means he can use his superior slicing/repairing/demolitions/unlocking skills much more useful at softening up enemies than T3, depending on the situaition. I'm not sure if Scramble droid functions like Force confusion, but, if it does, then he could use it whilst in stealth mode, makeing him very powerful indeed. He's evil.

Cons: He's evil. For the occasional "good" player, his appearance, personality, and alignment don't fit in at all. A jedi sentinel/scout could easily perform these functions, saving a player slot. He makes "Security spikes."

Pros for T3-M4:

He starts with a moderately high intelligence, higher than G0-t0, if I remember correctly, adding to his skill point total, and thus, his usefulness. He's good aligned. He can make "Computer spikes" and can upgrade items on the spot.

Cons: He's good aligned. Doesn't have the stealth capabilities of G0-T0. Doesn't have "Scramble Droid"

Thoughts?

Edited by Kyrivian

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

To that, I would ask "Where's the fun in Jedi?"

There's only so much you can do with a jedi... a change of pace is nice once in awhile, to answer your question. Assault hte game from another direction. heh.

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

G0-T0:

Pros:

G0-T0's combat skills are superior due to the feats component.

Stealth

Interesting Backstory

Doesn't Trigger mines

Droid Scramble (which does work like Mind Control)

Cons:

Annoying

Although he seems darkside, maximum influence requires lightside behavior (save Telos, save Dantooine)

I've never found security spikes to be useful

T3-M4:

Pros:

Shock Arm is pretty powerful, but he doesn't use it on his own often

Meaningful Backstory - important, in my opinion, to understanding the events between KI and KII

Regenerates (repairing in mid-combat is frustrating - Heal is much easier)

Portable workbench

Cons:

Backstory is skills- and ability-based, which is frustrating for combat-oriented Exiles

Honestly, I haven't found much use for the droids in the game ... I tried playing the Tomb sub-plot with droids a few times (HK and G0-T0), and I couldn't do it. Sure, G0-T0's stealth and mine immunity were useful, and HK was, well HK, but they couldn't stand up in prolonged combat at the entrance to the tomb, and never lasted more than a few rounds against the final masters.

Droids are good sidekicks and diversions, but for the heavy hitting, they just can't match a decent fighter.

hmmm...i can honestly say that i dont use goto in my party...but i dont use t3 either...out of the two i would say that i like t3 more....i just like the other characters more....and i do use security spikes a few times throughout the game...but i never need to ask goto for them...lol :D

Well, if you are looking for an entity that is equipped with some kind of torture-like abilities, and surveillance scouting capabilities, G0T0 would likely be adequate for those roles, assuming that other party characters, except Kreia, might not have enough points inside Stealth to avoid visual detection by enemies or even Sith force users. Otherwise, there are alternative characters with other interesting abilities and feats. G0T0 is basically an information extractor, as far as I can remember.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I don't think I used Goto enough to tell how useful he is in a battle if you tried to build him up to a high potential. But when I did try to use him, his round bulky profile really annoyed me during gameplay. I was never a stealthy Exile so that advantage wasn't important to me.

I did use T3, and if you equipped him with some decent blasters he was decent backup support. Nothing special tho. Mostly, he was 'cute.' :blink: Not to mention, very funny when he glitched.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

... He only wants you to 'stabalize' the situations there, one way or the other and that includes the DS methods.

Hmm ... I thought I got berated by G0-T0 for siding with Czerka (sp?) on Telos and letting the Mercenaries take over Dantooine ... I might be mistaken, though.

So, if you can max out influence with him, no matter which side you take, does that make him neutral?

T3 does seem to get friendly with containers more often than the others ,and he does well with 2 Mandalorian Disintergrators against the HK50s.

I get a glitch in the Korriban Academy ,Bao-Dur mistakes G0T0 for an enemy and uses lightning on him. It might happen in other places ,wouldn't know. I don't use G0T0 very often. I don't need to with 2 Guardians he wouldn't get to the enemy before they're dead.

Is T3M4 a sentient?

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I get a glitch in the Korriban Academy ,Bao-Dur mistakes G0T0 for an enemy and uses lightning on him. It might happen in other places ,wouldn't know.

It does, but in K1. With HK-47, Bastila, and Jolee. Usually in the Dune Sea, but I've had it happen fighting the Mandalorians in the Shadowlands on Kashyyyk.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Yes ,he doesn't therefore he's droidist ,not a word....but racist ,ageist ,and humanist are.

Indeed. the "ism" suffix is commonly used in words that describe certain prejudices and forms of discrimination. I don't believe however that "humanism" is contextually incolved in this reckoning as it isn't a derogatory term.

Is T3M4 a sentient?

That definately seems to be the case. The fact that influence may be gained or lost with the droid is indicative of this. It seems that many droids within the star wars universe are sentients even though they weren't designed to be. R2-D2 is another example of a sentient droid, this is seen in his independent activity relating to the aid of his "friends" (a definate indicator of consciousness), the emotional inflection in many of his "beeps", and C-3P0's discussions with him. Other examples of sentient droids are: C-3P0, Corran horn's "whilster", HK-47 and Q9-X2 (centerpoint station series)

I think that protocol/assassin droids may have been designed to have sentient qualities, as these would be a necessary component of their functions. I don't think however, that astromech droids were supposed to have sentient qualities, despite the term of endearment "pilot's best friend". It seems logical that many droids may had "learnt" these qualities as a survival mechanism, portrayed in the way that some droids backed up parts of their memory cores and by personalities before memory wipes. There are many references to the peculiarity of astromech droids displaying human/sentient behaviour throughout the star wars universe.

Wow. It shows how bored I am that I decided to rant about this :blink:

Yes ,he doesn't therefore he's droidist ,not a word....but racist ,ageist ,and humanist are.

Indeed. the "ism" suffix is commonly used in words that describe certain prejudices and forms of discrimination. I don't believe however that "humanism" is contextually incolved in this reckoning as it isn't a derogatory term.

That is why I didn't say Droidism as it would sound like some odd religion based on emotional detachment ,worshiping some divine machine ,and meditation by plugging oneself into a power-socket....a rather short lived religion. Something Atton most likely wouldn't do.

A racist is a person who has an irrational hatred and as a result of such ignorance partakes in the discrimination of cats ,dogs ,birds and such other species. It couldn't mean of other human races ,there is only the Human Race. Do we say the races of Ostrich and ,Penguin ,Manx and ,Abyssinian ,Doberman and ,Poodle? Of course not that would be stupid...... Obviously a Humanist is an alien who doesn't like humans. There is no mention of Michelangelo in the star wars universe! So that is why I said Droidist.

Sentient Droids: "Aid of it's friends" only matters if it goes against its programing or self preservation protocol (what other protocols factor in this I do knot know) because if its friend is its master then it does not really count.

The Twylek in K1 made T3M4 to be good ,but as you said the influence system does make it seem T3 has developed its own sense of self. The Assassin Droid in K1 that broke from its programing could be sentient. It was the creator that put the bug there to begin with ,however it was the Droid that made the choice. I don't know if G0T0 could be counted as one ,did he truly break from his programing?

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.