Most popular SW character of all time

Who, of ANY character in the SW universe (Your own unique characters excluded) is your all time favorite?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who, of ANY character in the SW universe (Your own unique characters excluded) is your all time favorite?

• Revan
    • Mara Jade
    • Palpatine
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • Anakin
    • Darth Vader
    • The Exile (Yuck)
    • Yoda
    • Luke Skywalker
    • Other (Please post which)

As an aside, while I don't have a specific hands-down favourite character, I do have a hands-down most hated character... and that would be Borsk Fey'lya. He is the reason I have come to hate all Bothans.

Ok well, I can understand that, but I think he would have to come in second. Please tell me he's better then Rosh Penin (Forgive my language)

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

That was actually a result of being the son of the chosen one which gave him a medeclorian level possibley close to or equel to that of vaders. And let's not start a revan debate.

Anyway I think if you ask pretty much anyone who luke skywalker is the would know who he is. I think he is the most popular.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Maybe five years ago, Luke Skywalker. But since Anakin came along, Luke/Anakin are mistaken for each other by the younger crowd. Put somoene in donut buns and they instantly know it's Princess Leia. So, the cake goes to Leia here.

don't forget the slave outfit.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Darth Vader is Star Wars. One just needs to block out the disaster that was Anakin in the prequels.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

They should've got James Earl Jones to read out Anakins lines, and then dubbed them over Hadyn Christiansen. His spoilt brat routine would've been a lot less annoying that way.

Edited by WinterSun

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Maybe five years ago, Luke Skywalker. But since Anakin came along, Luke/Anakin are mistaken for each other by the younger crowd. Put somoene in donut buns and they instantly know it's Princess Leia. So, the cake goes to Leia here.

They looked more like cinnamon rolls to me

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yeah seriously, donut buns? Come on.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Im going to have to say Palpy. The whole conflict revolves around him in the movies. I know, you are going to say " Nuh uh! Revan PWNS the palpster"Well, did revan have a whole trilogy x 2 made around him and his doings ? NO

If you are to pick someone that the 6 movies revolve around, Anakin/Vader is an infinitely better choice.

How can you say the whole conflict revolves around him in the movies, when he doesn't even appear in one of them, and in another one of them he only shows up for a brief moment to listen to Vader's report on the Executor.

The movies were not made around Palpatine, no matter how much you may think Palpatine is the best. Palpatine's roles were ancillary to a great number of characters in the Star Wars movies.

And there's no way a video game character is going to come close to the most popular Star Wars character of all time. I guarantee that the vast majority of people that have seen the Star Wars movies, have no idea what the heck Knights of the Old Republic even is.

Given the nostaligic factor of the original movies, and how they set the standard by which all others would be judged, I'd have to pick someone from the original Trilogy.

I'd probably go with one of Luke (he is pretty much the hero of the OT), Vader (the antagonist, and an all round badass), or Han (scores huge points because he's played by Harrison Ford, hence turns in a decent performance. He's also a scoundrel who, while isn't a bad person, plays by his own rules. He oozes charisma and has a definite swagger about him).

Honorable mention could go to Obi-Wan, because IMO his stock skyrocketted after the new trilogy. Which isn't too surprising, given that he, along with Natalie Portman, were far and away the best actors in the original Trilogy. Unfortunately for Portman, her character wasn't written all that well.

Edited by alanschu

I remember that in some interview GL said that movies are about Anakin. :huh:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's easy to say that because Anakin is actually able to be in all of them.

I heard the same thing too, and I don't entirely disagree.

But it's clear that the original trilogy revolves around Luke. During breaks in the action we don't see to much of Vader chilling on the Executor, but Luke training in Degobah, or Luke rescuing his friend Han on Tatooine. Luke destroys the Death Star, and defeats the badass Vader.

Indeed, I think that GL came up with "Anakin's story" with prequels

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Either Carth or Atton. While both had flaws, they also had strengths in being serious about certain things when necessary.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

"Most popular SW character of all time, Vote now!"

hmm...