Under-rated products

Bokishi

I'm trying to prove a point to someone that there are plenty of underdog products out there that are just as good, if not better than the mainstream, heavily advertised stuff. One example is Malt-O-Meal, which is just as good as the standard boxed cerieal, and is cheaper too. Any more ideas/examples would be appreciated.

Baking Soda?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I am a connoisseur of generic soda, and as such I feel qualified to mention the several "store brands" that kick the crap out of the big names at half the price.

I'm not sure how many states have Kroger grocery stores, but their Big K Cola is a suitable replacement for your Coke and Pepsi. Personally Diet Dr. K is my favorite.

Which reminds me of that Mitch Hedberg joke:

Mr. Pibb is a Dr. Pepper replica, but it's a BS replica 'cause the dude didn't even get his degree, man! It's like, "Why'd you have to drop out and start making pop so soon?"

Oh yeah, for clarification's sake: People from the state of Ohio call soda "pop." I don't know if that's widely known or not, so I thought I'd mention it.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I used to be able to say AMD (as an underdog to Intel) but I recently read that AMD are so big that they're aiming for 30% of the market now. 30% is not underdog, even if it's not marketleading either.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The leading Root Beer brands of Mug, A&W, and Barqs have nothing... and I mean NOTHING on Henry Weinhard's

item-90008.jpg

Best root beer ever.

Also, RC Cola is not only just as good as Coke or Pepsi, but is usually cheaper.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"People from the state of Ohio call soda "pop." I don't know if that's widely known or not, so I thought I'd mention it."

Huh? Last ic hecked, the majority of Kanadians (well.. at least the ones I know of) refer to pop as pop. Only freaks call pop soda.

"10 out of 10 Fresca drinkers prefer the taste of Fresca!

I love their ad campaigns."

L0LLERZ! :lol:

P.S. Nothing is as good as pepsi!!! o:)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wouldn't call a company that's been around for decades, is well known, has made billions of dollars, and has been one of the top selling console/games makers ever to be 'underrated'.

That is silly talk.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wouldn't call a company that's been around for decades, is well known, has made billions of dollars, and has been one of the top selling console/games makers ever to be 'underrated'.

That is silly talk.

Your just upset about my new sig quote. but the term was "underdog" not "underrated". I'd say, in the non-protable console market, the Big N is a underdog.