Jedi Training

Xunq

How many of your companions have you trained as Jedi?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How many of your companions have you trained as Jedi?

• I didn't train anyone.
    • I only trained one character.
    • I trained two characters.
    • I trained three characters.
    • I trained them all.

I know this may sound funny but what I'm curious about is whether any story-related reason/s made you decide NOT to train one of the trainable characters in KOTORII.

Now, I know all about powergaming and getting the most out of every single character by saving levels until you can make them Jedis to maximize their potential but thats not what I'm talking about. I'm viewing this exclusively from a narrative point of view.

I for one chose to only train the Handmaiden (albeit by saving levels :thumbsup: ) because I felt she was the only one with a valid backstory to actually explain why she could become a Jedi. I'm sure a lot of you won't agree, but I mean, what are the odds that out of 7 "randomly" encountered biological characters (5 actually since Kreia and Visas Marr are Jedis to begin with) 4 have the potential to become Jedis (that's a probability of 0.8!)

Now of course I understand that in the greater scheme of things exceptional characters have always converged when the fate of the universe is at stake ( even more so anyway in the Star Wars Universe :D ). But exceptional does not necessarily translate into Jedi. No one can deny that Han Solo, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian or Padm

Edited by Xunq

T3 - Droid, so cannot be trained.

HK47 - Droid, not possible to convert to force user. Although one could imagine a droid like General Greivous from Episode III: RotS wielding spinning lightsabers.

Mandalore - Not too sure why he was untrainable as a force user.

Generally would train characters like Handmaiden, Disciple, Atton, Mira and Bao-Dur, even if lightsabers could not be equipped as weapons for every force user due to TSL random generation.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I only trained Handmaiden as a Jedi, because it's the 'roleplaying' thing to do. But if you're female I think it's also plausible to train Disciple (but I don't know his story). I only train one companion because it's just not right to have more than one padawan.

I trained them all.

Handmaiden: I wanted to see all the cutscenes with Atris, and I wanted her to be able to kick her sisters butts later (they are SO arrogant and rude, and just jerks in general). She also seemed eager to learn so...

Mira, took me a while to figure out how to do it, but I've never regretted it since. I liked her and wanted to crack her shell, opening her to the Force (which she was using already) seemed the way to do it.

Atton, I didn't have the heart to turn him down, even though I had my doubts. And actually Atton is the reason I don't see the Exile running off to find Revan at least not without taking him with her. To keep an eye on him.

Bao-Dur, I trained because it seemed the best way to get him to deal with his guilt by giving him the means to help others.

Disciple, well he was a Jedi once before, why not again?

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I for one chose to only train the Handmaiden (albeit by saving levels  ) because I felt she was the only one with a valid backstory to actually explain why she could become a Jedi. I'm sure a lot of you won't agree, but I mean, what are the odds that out of 7 "randomly" encountered biological characters (5 actually since Kreia and Visas Marr are Jedis to begin with) 4 have the potential to become Jedis (that's a probability of 0.8!)

If you paid attention to the game, it specifically told you that the Exile has an innate ability to attract Force Sensitives to his group. It's why people who were against killing and all that found themselves having no problems doing it when they were around you. You influenced them, through the Force.

I've played through the game twice, and I wasn't aware that Bao-Dur coud be jedified.

I played Light Side all the way through, and talked to him over and over, but he never seemed to become adept in the Force. Other than one conversation in which he says he feels different, there was nothing to indicate a sea change. Same with Mira I gained influence with her, but she never developed into a Force user.

So how do I go about doing this? What order would I have to do the various planets in to get them all jedified? Not that Mira NEEDs it, per se - she's pretty great as she is, but next time around I'd like to try anyway.

I think Atton is totally plausible as a jedi. His story is all about angst and redemption, so it made sense to me. Handmaiden and Disciple are pretty clearly meant for jedi training, but I found neither of their stories to be remotely interesting.

I never train anyone. There are enough jedi in the party already and I think it weakens the others. They are only semi-strong in their original class and become only semi-strong as a jedi (if you do not use cheats to level up).

Also, I think one of the best new feats is precise shot. You cant give them a very high precise shot if they become jedi and switch to lightsabers.

Trained them all. I figured it was the best way to get the full story/benefit from every character. Plus I wanted to see who could be trained. Like alanschu said, you should really pay more attention to the storyline, the fact that you attract other force sensitives and feed of their connection to the force was actually somewhat integral to the story :wacko:

It's not like they're all that much more useful as jedi anyways, unless you hold out on levelling them up until you train them as such. After I'd gotten all the backstories info, benefits etc I didn't really care what they did. You can finish the game pretty easily without any intervention from the NPC's, so most of the time I didn't even bother levelling them up when they'd been on the ship for too long.

Also I didn't really want to bring them up to the level of the exile combat wise, because I figured it'd be pretty illogical continuity wise for "split second" jedi to become as powerful as the pivotal character.

Also, Hagatha, your relatively close to training Bao Dur as a jedi when he says that he feels different, only a matter of one or 2 more influence gains. Mira you can pretty much train her just by gaining influence from talking to her, If I remember correctly, one external influence gain should probably be enough (maybe two). You also have to take her to Nar Shadaa where Kreia shows you the concentrated force resevoir.

The only character I truly liked as dark sided was Handmaiden.

Anyway, I trained all of them, usually as soon as possible. I keep Bao-Dur with me constantly until I get the influence required, Disciple is agiven and easy, as is Atton. Mira also is pretty simple, and I convert her quickly too.

Generally speaking, by the time I leave Nar Shadaa I have Atton, Bao-Dur and Mira all as Jedi. Then I do the first part of Onderon, then return to Dantooine to get the Disciple.

Even if he couldnt wear robes Bao was always a priority to train.  =]

Be careful with bao dur. Sometimes when I equip him with something he cant wear the game crashes when I close the equip screen. I know what the problem is. The graphics of his arm conflicts with the armor. The bug is that I should not be able to equip it in the first place.

The most frustrating thing about KOTOR 2 is not the incomplete ending but the crashes and bugs that force you to reload the game.

I train them all. Although not the first couple times through. Only later. I'm not sure why, I only ever really use Atton and Disciple. But I liked having the others be Jedi for some of those missons. Plus I like lightsabers.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Interesting.  Bao-dur never had anything to say after he said he felt different.  I talk to all of my party members all the time, too, and take them all out with me on each planet.  Wonder what went wrong?

With this game? Probably a bug.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Bao-Dur is a hard one to convert. You need to get a lot of influence with him.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

bao dur,

-be nice to him on telos after he apologizes for being nocked out. (ls points)

-use force persuade to make thugs jump in pit on narshadda (talk to man you rescued after)(ds points)

-heal geriel the sick man in the refugee sector.(ls points)

then train away :ermm:

make sure only baodur can see you do these acts or someone else will gain instead.

also, if you dont want ds points you can save the trapped mandalorian on dxun and gain influence that way instead.

i always have baodur dark side mastery with exar kuns armor, ludo kresh's arm band, a double bladed lightsaber that is restricted to the darkside, and freedon nadds saber as a back up

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

bao dur,

-be nice to him on telos after he apologizes for being nocked out. (ls points)

-use force persuade to make thugs jump in pit on narshadda (talk to man you rescued after)(ds points)

-heal geriel the sick man in the refugee sector.(ls points)

then train away ;)

make sure only baodur can see you do these acts or someone else will gain instead.

also, if you dont want ds points you can save the trapped mandalorian on dxun and gain influence that way instead.

On Dantooine, if you get the quest from Saedhe to look for the atmospheric sensors, when you find them and Bao Dur is in your party, you can have him examine them for influence. For influence and ls points, you can refuse Saedhe's offer for a higher price. Bao Dur will tell you that "you did the right thing."

On Dantooine, if you get the quest from Saedhe to look for the atmospheric sensors, when you find them and Bao Dur is in your party, you can have him examine them for influence.  For influence and ls points, you can refuse Saedhe's offer for a higher price.  Bao Dur will tell you that "you did the right thing."

Warning though, you have to have a fairly good Awareness score and you have to have only Bao in your group when you go back to Saedhe, or else your other companions will "take" the influence.

There are also three more places to influence Bao. On Nar Shaddaa ask him to check your work on the speeder after you've repaired it, and then praise his work. On Dxun, help the stranded Mandalorian and tell Bao you did it because the guy "deserved a better fate". And on Onderon give an open Starport Visa to the Republic spy.