Games you'd like to see a remake of.

Oerwinde

Shogun redone please... It'd be fun to play if it weren't a pack of 2d sprites smacking eachother around like idiots

Plus it's not in Europe.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Racing destruction set... =]

Racingdestruction.gif

That game rocked.. Somewhere (I think in the bottom drawer of my desk at work) I still have some old commodore 64 5.25 floppies with tracks I made for that game. I loved the ability to set the gravity to super low values. Lunar racing rocked.

As for the commments about Fallout, the fallout games are way too recent to need remakes. I'm tempted to say Ultima 7, because despite its low resolution it had a 2D engine that was extremely advanced and could support seemless multi-level worlds in a way that the Infinity Engine just couldn't match.

Sometime I've been meaning to get ambitious and put together an open source tile library for Exult (an open source recreation of U7's engine) to replace the standard tiles with high res versions. The only difficulty I see (other than the amount of work it would entail) is that the engine divides things into specific sized chunks, so I don't know how hard it would be to make it deal with bigger tiles. My problem is that I tend to be more ambitious when I'm drunk, and then I sober up and realize the extent of what I want to do and just give up.

-Kasoroth

Super mario or Paperboy using current 3d tech. Fun

Mario keeps being remade almost daily; and 3d versions do exist.

for C64/amiga fans out there: A remake, 2D yet *very* good looking (despite being a spare-time freeware project) of TURRICAN is on the way. Check this out:

Hurrican - The Turrican Remake

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

In Response to Jorian:

Full Throttle was awesome, but with the unfortunate death of the guy who did the main characters voice I don't want to see a sequel or remake, unless the remake is simply a 3d update to the classic that manages to bring the characters and landscape to more impressive life than they accomplished with the art direction in the first game.

Shame, that guy had a perfect tough guy voice.

In Response to Rosbjerg:

I totally agree we need a new Aliens or AvP game. The technology out now (Doom 3 engine, FEAR Engine, Unreal 3 Engine) is perfect for the mood an alien game would need.

In Response to Dark Raven:

Call me crazy but I personally loved the two Elite Force games.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat