What are you playing now?

Darque

You guys and your "current generation" games! :)

I can't wait to get home and cut my way through the Cloakwood Forest to the mines that await me...

Oh, and I'm thinking Xan is one of the greatest NPCs I've ran across in my RPG travels. I'm bringing him along despite his painful lack of evocation spells just because I enjoy his interjections so much.

(sigh) I suppose you're wondering what a mage is doing with a sword, aren't you?

Maybe I'll play NWN2 in 10 years or so... after I give NWN another try. Never made it too far in that one before abandoning it.

Xan is the best character in the game easily. Like you said, it can be painful without those evocation spells (fireball can be pretty damn deadly at those levels :p), but I could never bring myself to toss him out of the party. Just too much fun listening to him. :lol:

That would rock.

Like Alanschu said in the spam forum, if they were going to put it in, wouldn't they have put it in NWN1?

Then again, there were a lot of things with NWN that they had apparently planned to connect to BG that they never got around to doing. Got a different team this time around that might be very interested in including BG touchstones.

We have a week to get our hopes up.

Well, the different team has even less ties to Baldur's Gate and Imoen than the previous team did, so I'd be much more suprised if they included Imoen (a character Obsidian/Black Isle did not create) into NWN2 because of BG2 (a game that was distributed by Black Isle, but created by Bioware).

I'd be surprised if the NWN2 team was more interested in linking their game to an older Bioware game.

Still playing through Silent Storm. My group of 6 are at level 10 or 11 now. My sniper is getting damn dangerous. He can see enemies almost clear across the map and hit them with a good 50% chance to the head for most shots. By far my most successful soldier. My actual "soldier" class people are doing well with their MG's, but in almost every mission they manage to end the map with only tan health left. :wub:

I take it you havn't hit the mechs yet?

If they piss you off enough, pick up the expansion (sounds silly, I know), because it really tones those guys down. Much better.

1. Working on my NWN module. (LOL)

2. Playing a paritucvlar NWN PW. (not as much lately)

3. Playing my 8th season of MVP Baseball. (possibly the best game ever). Trying to avenge my WS shullacking from last season,a nd taking it out on my opponents and am 45-18 with a current 13 game winning streak. It's the best my record has ever been this late in the season. Of course, the stupid Angels are actually 2 games ahead of me overall. LOLLERZ! And, it seems opponents really fear my created player as they now seem to be giving him the 'Bonds' treatment in walking him with nobody on in close games late. I might actually reach 100 walks this season when my previous record was around 45. WOWSERS!

4. Tinkering (or trying to) with the NWN2 pre release toolset. It looks cool; but can be really annoying. Floating buildings about to tip over is NOT cool.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

...Boo's great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandson'll make an appearance in NWN2 if'n ya pays attention...that be it fer BG references... :wub:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

You guys and your "current generation" games! :lol:

I can't wait to get home and cut my way through the Cloakwood Forest to the mines that await me...

Oh, and I'm thinking Xan is one of the greatest NPCs I've ran across in my RPG travels. I'm bringing him along despite his painful lack of evocation spells just because I enjoy his interjections so much.

(sigh) I suppose you're wondering what a mage is doing with a sword, aren't you?

Maybe I'll play NWN2 in 10 years or so... after I give NWN another try. Never made it too far in that one before abandoning it.

:wub: Xan is a good mage but his soundset is annoying.

We're all doomed!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Your quest is vain!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just played 2 minutes of Liero. The AI is still truly awful.

Heja Sverige!!

Still playing through Silent Storm. My group of 6 are at level 10 or 11 now. My sniper is getting damn dangerous. He can see enemies almost clear across the map and hit them with a good 50% chance to the head for most shots. By far my most successful soldier. My actual "soldier" class people are doing well with their MG's, but in almost every mission they manage to end the map with only tan health left. :lol:

I take it you havn't hit the mechs yet?

If they piss you off enough, pick up the expansion (sounds silly, I know), because it really tones those guys down. Much better.

I haven't run into the mechs yet. I just started I just finished ransacking a German factory that looked like it had been bombed into oblivion just before I got there. I'm currently about to go into Switzerland and take out the factory there. Needed to restart this one after I ran infront of a guard post and got a big MG burst to the back through the front window... :)

It's on my list for christmas so hopefully a family member with a credit card will take pity on me and buy it. :ermm:"

The factory level is the hardest in the game, if I recall right. It's also the best.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The factory level is the hardest in the game, if I recall right. It's also the best.

Can't be too bad. My main character scout is practically a ninja. As long as he isn't running, he can pretty much walk straight up in front of anyone and stand there two feet from him without being noticed. :-"

The only problem I can see is the lack of destructible terrain to burst fire through with MG's. :ermm:

I wonder what would happen if I just brought down the entire building on top of them. I have enough ammo to do it. :-"

Edited by Deraldin

Hehe! Xan and his moon blade, just one of the many memorable characters in Baldur's gate. The Infinity Engine games were for me at least the golden age of pc rpg's. :D

Well as for what I'm playing now, that would be WoW. Yep I've just renewed my sub and cancelled the one on CoH/CoV. Reasons as to why I left coh (this isn't the first time) are best left unsaid. Suffice it to say I'm none to happy with the direction that MMO has taken since issue 5. :huh:

Given that the devs from CoH /CoV (Cryptic) are working on the new Marvel Universe Online MMO, it really begs the question as to whether they can do justice to that franchise. Their track record IMHO isn't too good.

Speaking of MMO's is any1 doing one based on the Forgotten Realms, I understand the one based on Eberron didn't do too well. Duh! Like they couldn't forEsee that. <_<

Bankai - "Zabimaru Howl !"

Your quest is vain!

:huh:

Hate the way he says that! Hate, hate, hate!

You know, every time I hear that particular bit I think: Shouldn't it be "Your quest is in vain?" Because the quest isn't checking itself out in the mirror all the time, you know. He's trying to say "Fight all the evil you want, it doesn't make a difference to this harsh, unforgiving world," at least that's how I interpret it.

Although, "Your questing is vain" would work too, because then he's disparaging the hero's vanity in fighting evil in the pursuit of glory.

Grammatical ramblings aside, I took care of the spidery section of Cloakwood Forest last night and got a much better version of events with the spider queen because Xan was in the party. I seriously thought that quest was broken the first time I attempted it because Fatty told her story and didn't die or leave. Xan's resolution for that quest was much better.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Don't play Final Fantasy Tactics then. :)

You should play FF8 instead. :D

I am very sad ATM... :(

If you played both TLJ: Dreamfall and BS4: Angel of Death then you will understand what I mean we need happy endings,

its enough sad to have a good game ended, not to speak of if the games actual end is also sad...

I hope they revive them somehow in the next episode :ermm:

IB1OsQq.png

Your quest is vain!

:ermm:

Hate the way he says that! Hate, hate, hate!

You know, every time I hear that particular bit I think: Shouldn't it be "Your quest is in vain?"

Hmm...actually, I always thought he said "Our quest is vain." Which would make grammatical sense. It's been a loooong time tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You could be right.

Heja Sverige!!