What are you playing now?

Darque

I'm trying to play Neverwinter Nights Diamond.

I'm still in Chapter 1. I've cleared all but the Blacklake district and now I'm trying to get those art thingies for Ophala but the stupid game keeps freezing every 30 minutes or so. At first I thought it was the autosave but it just crashed on me right after completing the quest(for Ophala), running back to the temple to take the teleporter back to Blacklake.

Now I have to do both the Rumbottom and Hodge Estates again.

I'm starting to remember why I didn't like this game in the first place...  :blink: 

P.S. Yes, it's fully patched. V1.68

What are your vid specs? I have the same problem when I run NWN on my laptop, but my laptop isn't built to handle engines that complex (yeah, my laptop sucks).

I've been playing Darkstar One. It's a fun little space simulator, not entirely different from Freelancer. It's a bit repetitive (like all space simulators, apparently) but it has some neat features, like a ship that levels instead of you. It's a classic case of "Oh, if only they had done this and that and it would have been GREAT!" kind of game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've been playing Darkstar One. It's a fun little space simulator, not entirely different from Freelancer. It's a bit repetitive (like all space simulators, apparently) but it has some neat features, like a ship that levels instead of you. It's a classic case of "Oh, if only they had done this and that and it would have been GREAT!" kind of game.

Whoah. Back up. Darkstar One? It's been released now?

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

I just got one hundred percent completion in San Andreas, took me 111 hours. 

Only none of unlockables that are supposed to unlock when you complete it unlocked. 

This sucks, didn't use any cheat or nothin'.  :p

Maybe you can unlock that stuff with cheats? :)

Yes, now it won't be cheating, because you have earned it. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yup, and it's quite good (although I am only up to.. uh.. some race after the Terrans).

http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=57937&traff=1

Webhallen does not sell outside of Sweden though.

Edit: Hey, I just noticed that the game is on sale.. but it still costs $45 (329 SEK)! Isn't that like normal price in the US? A normal Xbox 360 game in Sweden is $80-85 (579-629 SEK)! Strange that 329 SEK still feels cheap to me.. :-

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Little cheaper than normal. Games usually start out at $49.99 over here.

I saw Darkstar One and while it looked neat I didn't really know anything about it. Also I'm broke.

Maybe when it comes down in price and I've got this current financial mess sorted out.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Yup, and it's quite good (although I am only up to.. uh.. some race after the Terrans).

http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=57937&traff=1

Webhallen does not sell outside of Sweden though.

Edit: Hey, I just noticed that the game is on sale.. but it still costs $45 (329 SEK)! Isn't that like normal price in the US? A normal Xbox 360 game in Sweden is $80-85 (579-629 SEK)! Strange that 329 SEK still feels cheap to me.. :)

Outside of Sweden? But... Sweden is all there is. Everything else is a barren wasteland filled with mutants and mutagenic viruses and ... stuff. Right? That's what my momma told me.. uh-huh! :-"

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Im playing Axis&Allies the boardgame with my friends. The first round did not go well, as a n00b playing Germany I got my ass handed to me just like back in 45'. A brutal counterattack by the russkies followed by an allied invasion of both Normany and Italy, then it was all over :p

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I played Risk with some friends. I took over the US, central America, Canada, and Greenland, then the guy who was controlling the Europe area got wiped out, and the others decided I was next. Fortunately, we ended the game before then.

Im playing Axis&Allies the boardgame with my friends. The first round did not go well, as a n00b playing Germany I got my ass handed to me just like back in 45'. A brutal counterattack by the russkies followed by an allied invasion of both Normany and Italy, then it was all over  :(

If you're a noob, why did you choose Germany? They are a lot harder to play than, say, the USSR or even China.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

....China? China, unless you are doing some sort of house rules, isn't playable (it's under US control).

Also, A noob shouldn't be playing USSR, as they are the make or break country. I'd say Britian, but each country is pretty valuable.

Edited by kumquatq3

We were, I think, seven or eight people, the last time I played, and so we had to make space for all the players.

As for Germany, in my experience, if the player who controls it doesn't know what he's doing the game could be over before it even starts. The whole game depends on how Germany's first round goes.

Heja Sverige!!

A common house rule is that Russia can't attack.

I remember screwing with a Russian player because I didn't fully commit my forces on turn 1, and went more for the Caucaus than the Moscow. He didn't know what to do because he played the game so much and had never really seen that happen. I also bitch slapped Africa in the first couple of fights as well.

It didn't hurt that my Japanese ally developed heavy bombers on like turn 3. He also helped out in the Russian front a bit more, weakening dem dere commies.

Im playing Axis&Allies the boardgame with my friends. The first round did not go well, as a n00b playing Germany I got my ass handed to me just like back in 45'. A brutal counterattack by the russkies followed by an allied invasion of both Normany and Italy, then it was all over  :(

You noob how could you allow Germany to lose?

Go go Germany.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Indeed. Playing the Axis is quite hard.

Makes you wonder what the nazis were thinking when they decided to try and conquer the whole world. It's just silly.

Heja Sverige!!

Well, with respect to the Soviet Union it was either attack them before they are ready, or wait until the Soviet Union is ready and fully militarized after its purges, and decides to attack Germany on its own.

As for the Western Front, it probably would have been better to actually attempt Sealion, rather than the Battle of Britain. All the BOB really did was strengthen the British Resolve, and decimate the Luftwaffe. Had those resources been spent actually attacking, or maybe even more to the Battle of the Atlantic instead, things might have gone a bit differently in that regard.

If you're playing against a team of decent allied players, they shouldn't lose outside of germany/japan being very lucky.

Yes, the more experienced players said that too. Any suggestions on how to gimp the Allies so the game is more balanced?

And I played Germany because Ive watched too much Discovery channel.

also: are you really supposed to be able to load, move and unload a troop ship all in one round? the american and brit players were over me faster than I could say "blitzkrieg".

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have heard a really interesting "bidding" system that helps balance the game out.

Basically, all 5 players make a private bid about where to place additional axis units.

The two players that bid the lowest get to play the Axis powers. The kicker is that all 5 bids still get placed. So if you bid 20 additional tanks in Eastern Germany, you'll probably not get to play an Axis power (since your bid is high. What is that, like 100 IC or something?).

As a result, you don't bid too aggressively (or you'll screw yourself), but you don't typically bid too low (otherwise you'll screw yourself).

The only real problem with it is that you don't get to really pick your sides. But I have had some interesting games after doing it.

The 2nd edition by Avalon Hill/Wizards of the coast/Hasbro