What are you playing now?

Darque

C&C Tiberium Sun. My favorite of the C&C series.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Anybody ever get to that point where you just really, really want to play a game, but you've played it so much that the game no longer holds any thrill value, despite how much you love it? It's like needing to sleep, but not being tired.

I'm getting like that with BG2 :) And Fallout 2, much to my dismay. I need new cRPG blood.

Right now I'm playing an emulator of Streets of Rage 2. Ahh, the memories.

*edit - I really need to track down Duke Nukem 3D again.

Edited by Pop

For some reason I dug up my old copy of Ascendancy, and while i'll be damned if it doesn't crash my computer any time someone tries to MSN me (up to the point where it apparently corrupted my system32 file which had to be reinstalled from CD, I don't play it with MSN on any more), it's still as much fun as it was when I first played it. Although, I now realise how idiotic the AI can be.

A cookie to anyone who has even bloody heard of this game.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Me.

It's a space strategy game with a detailed planet development model.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

For some reason I dug up my old copy of Ascendancy, and while i'll be damned if it doesn't crash my computer any time someone tries to MSN me (up to the point where it apparently corrupted my system32 file which had to be reinstalled from CD, I don't play it with MSN on any more), it's still as much fun as it was when I first played it. Although, I now realise how idiotic the AI can be.

A cookie to anyone who has even bloody heard of this game.

I vaguely recall playing a demo or something of the game, however at the time when it came out I was still mostly playing Commander Keen or Command and Conquer. I remember not knowing what the heck I was doing. :lol:"

I actually pulled out an old saved game of Wizardry 8 this week and jumped back in.

Oblivion, just couldn't keep my attention for long. :(

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I actually pulled out an old saved game of Wizardry 8 this week and jumped back in.

Oblivion, just couldn't keep my attention for long. :(

That's weird. They are both really similar games. Lots of combat, not much dialogue. Main difference of course is that one is party-based and one is single pc. I think they are both great.

Hacve you tried Flamestryke's awesome WIz 8 mod?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Anybody ever get to that point where you just really, really want to play a game, but you've played it so much that the game no longer holds any thrill value, despite how much you love it? It's like needing to sleep, but not being tired.

I'm getting like that with BG2  :( And Fallout 2, much to my dismay. I need new cRPG blood.

Yeah,I watched Firefly until that point. Then I played KotOR, KotOR:TSL and Half-Life 2 until that point.

I really need to track down Duke Nukem 3D again.

*I* have a copy. :D

(I was actually thinking of re-installing it to play again, recently, too ... )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oblivion, just couldn't keep my attention for long. >_<

That's weird. They are both really similar games. Lots of combat, not much dialogue. Main difference of course is that one is party-based and one is single pc. I think they are both great.

Hacve you tried Flamestryke's awesome WIz 8 mod?

Yea, they are, but I enjoy the party based combat a lot more.

No I don't know why, because I usually am a mod freak, but I haven't tried Flamestrykes mod.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I'm at the final battle in Icewind Dale 2. I wish I could rest between the 2 final encounters.

Yeah, I got to that point. But I stupidly put only 1 dedicated fighter into my party at the beginning of the game, so I got my ass kicked. Bad times.

I got and played through Indigo Prophecy.

It was good, but now I need to import Fahrenheit.

Even though I thought the censoring wouldn't bother me, it made some parts of the game just stupid. I mean, this is a serious game, not Arrested Development. We don't need any Never-Nudes. They could've at least changed the camera angle rather than making Carla shower with her underwear on. Who does that?

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Even though I thought the censoring wouldn't bother me, it made some parts of the game just stupid.  I mean, this is a serious game, not Arrested Development.  We don't need any Never-Nudes.  They could've at least changed the camera angle rather than making Carla shower with her underwear on.  Who does that?

>.> <.<

There was also the 'lets lie together in the freezing cold and make a child :lol:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm currently progressing through KotOR, KotOR 2: TSL, Oblivion, Legend of Zelda: OoT (I have an N64, but I prefer to play it in Hi-Res), NWN, Baldur's Gate: TotSC, and Planescape: Torment. I like to have options, so the ability to quickly swap between plots, engines and more is a godsend.

I really would like to reinstall IWD2, but I lost my disc 2 shortly before a power surge fried my hard drive. That was over a year ago. :)

Edited by PattyBakes

Even though I thought the censoring wouldn't bother me, it made some parts of the game just stupid.  I mean, this is a serious game, not Arrested Development.  We don't need any Never-Nudes.  They could've at least changed the camera angle rather than making Carla shower with her underwear on.  Who does that?

>.> <.<

There was also the 'lets lie together in the freezing cold and make a child :)

Not to mention Lucas' body parts were as cold as his surroundings by that time. Awkward.

Seriously though, at least that kind of sort of made sense. When people are in imminent danger they screw.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP