What are you playing now?

Darque

Dark Raven: I am sure that you'll enjoy it :)

QFT (otherwise I wouldn't advise it, eh! :D)

On-topic;

Still on BG2:SoA. Done every quest in Chapter 2 (except for those 2 eternal stuck in my journal) and on to save Imoen... (I think)

Edit; PS. Painkiller has 3(!) SP-demo's. Just try them all 3. If you still got no indication then how the game is :blink:...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I would say skip them and try Painkiller.

Gothical (with much more realistic, though, hard dark look than HL2) loads of blood and alot of action... makes it more similar to Vampires:Bloodlines (despite being a FPS to the bone) than Half-Life...

Skip Half-Life and Half-Life 2? The two most popular games EVA?

Painkiller certainly had loads of gore, but it was just a mindless Quake-clone.

I think it would be quite unusual to find someone who didn't like Half-Life, even amongst those (few) who thought Half-Life 2 was over-hyped.

I will certainly play Black_Mesa_(Mod)_Screenshot3.jpg when it is finished.

:)

... we are in a development crunch. During this period no newmedia will be released, and we will be turning down any new interviews/previews with Black Mesa

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

don't forget pain killer had THE BIGGEST bosses in an FPS that you'll ever see. It also had the bladed weedwhacker of doom.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just mentioning the FPS I would expect Dark_Raven the FPS-hater would have the most fun with.

(which I seriously don't expect HL2 or F.E.A.R to be)... but we shall hear who has right someday I suspect :ermm:

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Question for the console dorks.

What's Shin Megami Tensei's relation with the Persona series? I've heard some good things about Nocturne and Devil Summoner. The combat system seems to be different, but how similar are they to Persona? Same universe?

Here's an interesting interview on it http://www.luv2game.com/luv2game/index.htm...news&news_id=68

HGM: So with Devil Summoner coming out this year and

Persona 3 on the way, what's next for the MegaTen series?

Kaneko: Probably the next Devil Summoner title.

HGM: What systems can fans expect to see MegaTen games on

in the future?

Kaneko: Probably the PS3 and Wii. I would really love to bring

MegaTen to Wii.

HGM: What would a Wii MegaTen game be like?

Kaneko: Well, if you play Nocturne or Digital Devil

Saga, they're typical modern RPGs. You see your characters act from

a third-person view. But as you and your readers probably know, the

original MegaTen games used a completely different first-person

viewpoint. I would love to go back to basics with MegaTen on the

Wii and bring back the first-person perspective, while using the

controller to let players experience their environments directly.

Hmm, if they end up being titles worth trying out and come out on Wii, I might be interested.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Question for the console dorks.

What's Shin Megami Tensei's relation with the Persona series? I've heard some good things about Nocturne and Devil Summoner. The combat system seems to be different, but how similar are they to Persona? Same universe?

Shin Megami Tensei was the first Megaten game done by Atlus. It pretty much established key gameplay mechanics that would appear throught the series until the end of time. Persona is a spin-off.

Nocturne is Shin Megami Tensei III (In the US title they ldidn't include the III since this is the first game we've gotten in the main series). Devil Summoner is another spin-off.

As for the combat being different (I imagine you are talking about the newer titles), Nocturne uses a turn-base system (best turn base combat ever in my opinion) and Devil Summoner uses a semi real-time battle system (In the past, almost all the Megaten games shared a very similar battle system). In both games you have to recruit demons to survive.

How they are similar to Persona... In Nocturne you have to talk to demons. The dialogue system isn't as... involved though, much more simplified. All of the Megaten games this generation have been incredibly different from their predecessors.

There are four main game series. All of them are considered Megaten games.

Shin Megami Tensei (I, II, If..., III:Nocturne)

Persona (I, II, III).

Devil Summoner (I, Soul Hackers, Kuzunoha Raidou).

Digital Devil Saga (I, II).

They are all different in the way they present their gameplay and story concepts. Shin Megami Tensei deals with the dark nature of religion and is always set in a post apocalyptic world. Persona deal with Jungian philosophy and it is always set in a modern setting. Devil Summoner deals with the dark nature of science and most of the games are set in a very cyber punk setting (the latest game is set in the 1920s). Digital Devil Saga can be called a trip into the heart of Hinduism... it is also set in a post apocalyptic world.

Are they connected? I couldn

Thanks. How combat-intense do the titles tend to be? The setting for Persona1/2 seemed interesting enough, I just couldn't stand the demon-talking combat. We'll see how newer titles go. Since you seem to like SMT's combat, how would you compare it to Persona?

EDIT: good stuff in that link.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Thanks. How combat-intense do the titles tend to be? The setting for Persona1/2 seemed interesting enough, I just couldn't stand the demon-talking combat. We'll see how newer titles go. Since you seem to like SMT's combat, how would you compare it to Persona?

EDIT: good stuff in that link.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga share the same battle system. Both are incredible combat intensive. The shear amount of battles you will have to face through the course of the game if absolutely insane. However, the battle system is incredibly engaging. If you decide to try either one of them, don

Half-Life 2: Episode One. Didn't actually finish it the first time through, when I lost my harddrive contents ... so I have just started all over again. Just stopped before the legendary firefight to get into the lift ...

Also just installed Space Rangers 2, again (all my saves for this also lost in the same catastrophe mentioned above) ... I just couldn't resist ... :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I picked up Civ4 Warlords yesterday. Unfortunately I've got some studying to do, so I don't have the time to play a whole lot.

I've been playing GTA: San Andreas loads lately, however. I have also been thinking of some Europa Universalis II, but I think I'll wait for the third game in the series instead.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I picked up Civ4 Warlords yesterday. Unfortunately I've got some studying to do, so I don't have the time to play a whole lot.

I've been playing GTA: San Andreas loads lately, however. I have also been thinking of some Europa Universalis II, but I think I'll wait for the third game in the series instead.

Please elaborate .. :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT