question for those who played jedi academy?

Um, yes, Sidious does come close to all the most powerful Sith Lords, he actually surpasses them  ;)

Just because some authors played the "my badguy is soooo much stronger than your badguy" game, doesn't mean that their Sith are indeed the most powerful. Besides, you never saw what Sidious is capable of. He was already in power, something no other Sith ever achieved, he had no need to use any extremely powerful abilities.

In the end, the word which counts comes from Lucas, and if he says that Sidious was the most powerful Sith of all, than he was the most powerful Sith of all. Though Vader would have ended up more powerful, if he hadn't lost against Obi Wan. Anakin's force ability passes everyone else, he was the chosen one for a reason, yet he wasn't as strong as Sidious when he lost to Obi Wan. Now, if even the chosen one hadn't passed Sidious yet, why should some ancient Sith Lord have done it?

Dude this is a pointless arguement. Lucas said palpatine was the most powerful during his TIME. The are other stih who have shown feats WAY BEYOND (AND I MEAN WAY BEYOND) sidiues. So much ahead that it can't be argued and as I have said i'm not even talking about video game characters. Get your facts straight. Judge the characters power by what he has shown. Sidiues was nothing if you compare ancient sith lords to him. Some sith could DESTROY PLANETS! No way in BLUE HELL HE COMES CLOSE TO MANY sith lords.

Anyway moving on. IF ragnos had his body ressurected you think he would be stoped or take out all the jedi?

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Um, yes, Sidious does come close to all the most powerful Sith Lords, he actually surpasses them  :p

Just because some authors played the "my badguy is soooo much stronger than your badguy" game, doesn't mean that their Sith are indeed the most powerful. Besides, you never saw what Sidious is capable of. He was already in power, something no other Sith ever achieved, he had no need to use any extremely powerful abilities.

In the end, the word which counts comes from Lucas, and if he says that Sidious was the most powerful Sith of all, than he was the most powerful Sith of all. Though Vader would have ended up more powerful, if he hadn't lost against Obi Wan. Anakin's force ability passes everyone else, he was the chosen one for a reason, yet he wasn't as strong as Sidious when he lost to Obi Wan. Now, if even the chosen one hadn't passed Sidious yet, why should some ancient Sith Lord have done it?

Dude this is a pointless arguement. Lucas said palpatine was the most powerful during his TIME. The are other stih who have shown feats WAY BEYOND (AND I MEAN WAY BEYOND) sidiues. So much ahead that it can't be argued and as I have said i'm not even talking about video game characters. Get your facts straight. Judge the characters power by what he has shown. Sidiues was nothing if you compare ancient sith lords to him. Some sith could DESTROY PLANETS! No way in BLUE HELL HE COMES CLOSE TO MANY sith lords.

Anyway moving on. IF ragnos had his body ressurected you think he would be stoped or take out all the jedi?

Why do you use CAPS LOCK all the time when you are HIGHLIGHTING SOMETHING that you feel is IMPORTANT

It makes you seem stupid, you know

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord <_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

No. Because I don't know why Tavion's body would slow him down.

As for Sidious' power....let me write a book. There will be no mistaking he's more powerful.

Edited by alanschu

k let's seee sidious take out a planet with the force!

Let's see sidious instantly kill people with his lightning or show more powerful lightning attacks (besisdes lightning storm).

Let's see sidious use some new powers for a change.

Let's see sidious conquer the universe from SHEER power and not hiding behind others or minipulating others. Hell sidious was hessitant to face yoda.

Let's see sidious beat Mace windu. (it was confirmed that he did not for those who care to cry that he faked it. Most sick thing I ever heard)

Oh and not to mention the fact that luke owned sidious but was owned by another ancient dark lord of the sith that is WAY ahead of sidious level.

Sidious is not fast enough with a lightsaber. Luke and mace beat him in a saber duel and yoda may have to if not for sidious lightning.

Point is sidious is VASTLY overrated. Your going to need to give me SOLID FEATS OF POWER to back up your pethetic arugements that he even comes close to being the strongest sith ever. So far all he has done that compares to most other dark lords of the sith is minipulate others (meaning using them because he is not powerful enough) and make a lightning storm in space (that i have to admit is impressive). All the other things every dark lord of the sith was able to do during their times. He never even managed to SINGLE HANDIDLY destroy more than 4 jedi or so at once. If he was as powerful as you fanboys claim he would march in and kill all the jedi all at once. But the truth is is was just a basic dark lord of the sith IN TERMS OF RAW POWER but he was more clever and used his MIND more to minipulate those to SAVE his own pethetic ass. You have no way to back up that sidious even ranks close to the most powerful dark lords of the sith. Some sith could destroy enitire planets with energy attacks. If sidious even came close to that power level he would jsut wait till all the jedi were in the temple and take out the temple but he can't even DO THAT so HOW ARE YOU COMPARING HIM!!!!!!! The BOOKS ARE CANNON so don't try and argue against that either.

Why do you use CAPS LOCK all the time when you are HIGHLIGHTING SOMETHING that you feel is IMPORTANT

It makes you seem stupid, you know

Why do you always have such short replys and never back up your debates? Why always run? Makes you seem stupid you know. And don't even start saying it's a waste of time or any such **** as that cause I know you'd get torn apart in my debates. And NONE of these characters I speak of are ones in video games either so don't even bother saying it's a video game and that's all. Don't bother me telling me what counts either. The Books are part of the universe and ARE CANNON and if you want to only go by movies sidious is even less powerful. If you want to go by lucas word LOOK AT WHAT OTHER SITH HAVE DONE for a change and compare it. USE LOGIC! Lucas said vader was 80 percent of palps power but palps would kill him just by contact with force lightning. Lucas also said he would have samuel L. Jackson go down in a very good fair fight to the death. So I guess mace is more powerful than palps huh?

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord

Hmm did you miss the plot. Maul, Dooku, vader.....

This shows your HUGE amount of blindness as to what is really gonig on. Out of those three he was the most powerful. Not to mention there were also a fair amount of dark jedi during that time peroid also. He surpassed them in power as well and yoda was outmatched by but a mere hair and he was losing in both his saber duel with yoda and mace. He beat them both with what I see as the weakest force lightning I have ever seen except for dooku. Geeze. Takes forever to actually him someone. The only reason it was such a big advantage was it was still forceful and he could hold it but the electric charges were so petheticly weak.

Which is why the NE Chronology calls him the most powerful Sith of all time...

Compare the feats of what they acomplished.

No. Because I don't know why Tavion's body would slow him down.

As I said tavions body had a limited medeclorian count meaning it could only carry so much force energy. Not to mention the fact that jaden (above average jedi knight) beat her but a WEAKER sith knocked luke unconscouis. Are you saying jaden is more powerful than luke because that is an entirley different debate.

As for Sidious' power....let me write a book. There will be no mistaking he's more powerful.

Write your book on how he HID behind others and USED THEM TO SAVE HIS LIFE! Write your book on how his only advantage was to minipulate others. Also I never said he wasn't power but how much he is overrated sickens me. He is still powerful but in terms of his OWN raw power and strength (if he was fighting all kinds of different powerful jedi alone) he does not rank near what many sith lords have acomplished. Yes he can kill some weak jedi rather quickly but was not powerful enough to storm in and kill all the jedi (or at least a good fraction because mace and yoda one on one with him were enough to either fight to a near draw or win) BY HIMSELF at once. Yes he had a good amount of raw power. But he is a dark lord of the sith! He SHOULD have that amount of power. Almost every DARK LORD OF THE SITH was able to FIGHT the way he was. Not to mention some surpassed his power by miles.

Edited by OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)
- Xard

First off, fix your tags.

let's seee sidious take out a planet with the force!

Let's see sidious instantly kill people with his lightning or show more powerful lightning attacks (besisdes lightning storm).

Let's see sidious use some new powers for a change.

Let's see sidious conquer the universe from SHEER power and not hiding behind others or minipulating others. Hell sidious was hessitant to face yoda.

Read Dark Empire...

Let's see sidious beat Mace windu. (it was confirmed that he did not for those who care to cry that he faked it. Most sick thing I ever heard)

Actually, it's confirmed that he faked it. And its blatantly obvious.

Read Dark Empire...

First of that was the palpatine clone and I heard he had some really good lightsaber crystal as well to enchance his power. Further more that STILL does NOT COME CLOSE to making him the MOST POWERFUL dawk lord of the sith.

Actually, it's confirmed that he faked it. And its blatantly obvious.

Show me where it's confirmed. A link? What I thought. Bottom line it was NEVER confirmed. In the film we saw what we saw and we saw palps lose and there was no solid proof to argue with that. Second the book gave a detailed description as to what happened. Windu used vapaad's super conducting loop and he use palps own speed and strength agaisnt him and than his lightning. Lucas agreed to this. Thirdly Samuel told lucas he wasn't gunna play in the movie if he was to be toyed with and go out like some punk. Lucas said he would give mace windu a clean TRUE death. In this case he lost cause of anakin.

EDIT: Oh and the saber duel was completley real. The unpredictable power of it is so incredible. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mace_Windu Read here what happened during the final fight. The final fight has been one of the biggest debates ever among fanboys. But wiki was smart enough to finally say there IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER towards palps victory. Allthough I have already named the evidence towards windus victory yet fanboys look for EVERY POSSIBLE excuse they can cause they can't stand the fact that all powerful palps lost. Read the disri[tion of vaapad to know what it is. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_VII:_Juyo/Vaapad

- Xard

First of that was the palpatine clone and I heard he had some really good lightsaber crystal as well to enchance his power. Further more that STILL does NOT COME CLOSE to making him the MOST POWERFUL dawk lord of the sith.

The body was a clone. The spirit was Palpatine and the clone was essentially, a younger Palpatine.

Show me where it's confirmed. A link? What I thought. Bottom line it was NEVER confirmed. In the film we saw what we saw and we saw palps lose and there was no solid proof to argue with that. Second the book gave a detailed description as to what happened. Windu used vapaad's super conducting loop and he use palps own speed and strength agaisnt him and than his lightning. Lucas agreed to this. Thirdly Samuel told lucas he wasn't gunna play in the movie if he was to be toyed with and go out like some punk. Lucas said he would give mace windu a clean TRUE death. In this case he lost cause of anakin.

EDIT: Oh and the saber duel was completley real. The unpredictable power of it is so incredible. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mace_Windu Read here what happened during the final fight. The final fight has been one of the biggest debates ever among fanboys. But wiki was smart enough to finally say there IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER towards palps victory. Allthough I have already named the evidence towards windus victory yet fanboys look for EVERY POSSIBLE excuse they can cause they can't stand the fact that all powerful palps lost. Read the disri[tion of vaapad to know what it is. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_VII:_Juyo/Vaapad

Read the novel. It clearly says that Palpatine began to slow down his movements which Windu found strange. Also, that Wookipedia article doesn't help your case since seemed to have won and helpless is in quotes. Please tell me how Palpatine can cry "I'm too weak!" then, not even 10 seconds later, is unleashing hell. Give me a break. Lucas has also said that in the original drafts, Windu does overpower Sidious, however, Lucas scrapped that idea and liked the idea of Palpatine playing weak better.

Read the section Debates on the Scene. More proof for ya. Don't give me **** that there isn't any proof that Palpatine threw the fight.

Edited by Wild Storm

Read the novel. It clearly says that Palpatine began to slow down his movements which Windu found strange. Also, that Wookipedia article doesn't help your case since seemed to have won and helpless is in quotes. Please tell me how Palpatine can cry "I'm too weak!" then, not even 10 seconds later, is unleashing hell. Give me a break. Lucas has also said that in the original drafts, Windu does overpower Sidious, however, Lucas scrapped that idea and liked the idea of Palpatine playing weak better.

Read the section Debates on the Scene. More proof for ya. Don't give me **** that there isn't any proof that Palpatine threw the fight.

Hmm could that be a sign or him weakening? That is NOT PROOF by ANY means. So cross that out. Not to mention that windus super conducting loop most likley used palpatines own speed and pwoer against him so it WOULD slow palps down. Also ever considered the fact that he knew all his power was getting reflected and only threw the fight after he lost the lightsaber duel to SAVE HIS LIFE. Seruisly what do you think palpatine could of done to mace when he would reflect all his powers. He knew his only hope was to give up because he LOST the saber duel and had NO CHANCE and he knew he had to play anakin at this point. He NEEDED Anakin to disarm mace so he would not get his own bolts hurrled back at him. Also lucas did NOT scrap that idea ask him in an interview. He was talking about what he did with maces death and WHY he did it that way. The whole point was to SHOW mace windus power and show he was not going out like the other jedi.

THAT IS NOT PROOF!!!!!!!! It is merely a point of view with NO PROOF WHATSOEVER TO BACK IT UP!!!!! Unless it is confirmed by lucas (which is was confirmed to OPPOSITE) that palps faked it than there is NO PROOF. It was not mentioned or even suggested anywhere in the film. Fanboyish excuses.

EDIT: Oh and not to mention as soon as mace won the fight his shatterpoint power sensed the fear in sidious and that fear turned into a minipulation to SAVE HIS LIFE by begging like a fool to anakin. OH AND THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS SITE STATES HIS VICTORY!! THAT IS CANNON!!

in the end you come out with NO EVIDENCE WHAT SO EVER but only speculations and opinions that mean nothing because they have nothing to back them up with.

- Xard

I'm not even going to dignify you since you obviously did not read the article nor the talk pages where it is debated. Mainly because you know your wrong. And to be frank. Your just a jackass.

Lucas: This sequence.. uh.. always started out with Mace overpowering Palpatine, and then Palpatine using his powers trying to destroy Mace, and Mace deflecting his rays with his lightsaber. And it was always was that Anakin cut the lightsaber out of his hand. But this part here where he pretends to lose his power and be weak was something that I added later..

Case closed.

Edited by Wild Storm

Are we still on the topic of Jedi Academy?

While I have not played the game in question, it would appear not... :)

*doodles in the sandbox*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts