My sis's computer screen is rotated to the right

Craigboy2

This is very strange and kind of funny. My sister claims to have left her binder on her keyboard by accident and when she took it off the screen (not the monitor) had roated counter-clockwise. It also made the mouse inverted. I think the binder must have hit some hot keys or something (EX: Ctrl+F4+D). We can't get it to go back. We checked all the Microsoft help guides and everything, they didn't help. So does anyone know how to rotate it back?

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

This should be in the technical for... I mean Skeeter's Junkyard. Usually screen rotation can be fixed in the display properties. Go to settings and Advanced and follow the menues there. You should find it. The mouse should be fixed along with it because it is reacting to the screen as if it was right side up.

Edited by Judge Hades

Have you tried rotating it to the left and uninverting the mouse?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Have you tried rotating it to the left and uninverting the mouse?

Because of the shape of the moniter it wouldn't remain balanced.

This should be in the technical for... I mean Skeeter's Junkyard.  Usually screen rotation can be fixed in the display properties.  Go to settings and Advanced and follow the menues there.  You should find it.  The mouse should be fixed along with it because it is reacting to the screen as if it was right side up.

I looked there and I couldn't really find anything about the rotation of the screen just the refresh rate and "color management".

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

With ATi cards there are settings in their "Catalyst Control Center" that adjust the screen orientation/rotation. See if there is some external management program for your video card (outside of the windows control panel).

Try: Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key (different arrow keys are for different rotations)

It doesn't work for my ATi card, but I've heard it works for some low end (integrated) ones.

Look for information on your particular graphics solution.. if all else fails though, you can try this: http://www.entechtaiwan.net/util/irotate.shtm (iRotate)

It's free, but I've never used it before (found it through a Google search) -- good luck

I suspect LostStraw may be on the mark - knowing the video card would be of use and whether there is any software installed specifically for the monitor,

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

lol just tilt ur monater.....hehe

Hey smartass, I guess you didn't read about the mouse being inverted.

With ATi cards there are settings in their "Catalyst Control Center" that adjust the screen orientation/rotation.  See if there is some external management program for your video card (outside of the windows control panel).

Try: Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key (different arrow keys are for different rotations)

It doesn't work for my ATi card, but I've heard it works for some low end (integrated) ones.

Look for information on your particular graphics solution.. if all else fails though, you can try this: http://www.entechtaiwan.net/util/irotate.shtm (iRotate)

It's free, but I've never used it before (found it through a Google search) -- good luck

Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key worked, thanks.