New Survivor.

Judge Hades

Okay, I am not a reality television person but the new Survivor has ome major controversy to it. For those who aren't in the know they separated four tribes of five based on race; African, Asian, Hispanic, and Caucasion.

General Motors has already pulled sponsorship of the show and perhaps more to follow. I think people are just overreacting.

I am sure next time they are going to set it up based on religious divisions, but maybe that would be too close to reality for them. :ermm:

Media sees controversy as a surefire way to get viewers. I'm curious myself as to how people will treat each other, that is, when things get heated up, if there will be racial slurs and junk that will force Jerry Springer guys to hop in between everyone.

As Alanschu said, this could get ugly, which is probably another lure to get viewers.

Edited by Blank

I am sure racial tensions will be high but I am also expecting once people are getting eliminated the tribes will reshuffle for an interesting interaction between the teams.

Especially if there is bad blood in the beginning (e.g. a racial slur that really gets people angry, and then combining those two teams)

"General Motors has already pulled sponsorship of the show and perhaps more to follow"

No connection accoridng to both parties. The funny thing is I read an article about this 10 seconds before reading your post: http://www.tv.msn.com/celebs/article.aspx?...232218&GT1=7703

On the Issue: I've mixed views. It's a cheap gimmick is all it is. But, as for the fear of it spreading racial hatred, nah. As the above article mentions, the way Survivor plays, in the early parts of the games you gotta kick your own teammates off anyways...

I think people are overreatcing evn though it likely wouldn't have been done this wya if I were in charge. thennagain, I haven't watched Survivor all the sway since early Season 2. I'll stick to the best 'reality' show known as Big Brother.

Totally sweet. :cool:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Survivor" is a decent reality show because it does show human nature in difficult situations. They aren't pampering these people. Sure, they aren't in any terrible danger, but people have gotten hurt, and it's clear by the emaciated looks that they aren't eating well. The people also tend to be too exhausted in the later stages of the game to play for the camera.

But as for the whole race gimick, I really think it will be a non-issue when the show airs. It sounds all controversial, but I can guarantee it won't be a race war when the season starts. It's just a way of keeping things fresh, albeit a rather tasteless one.

They broke into age groups last season, and it really wasn't all that controversial. This is actually good for minority groups, as the last few seasons have been dominated by the white devil.

"Survivor" is a decent reality show because it does show human nature in difficult situations. They aren't pampering these people. Sure, they aren't in any terrible danger, but people have gotten hurt, and it's clear by the emaciated looks that they aren't eating well. The people also tend to be too exhausted in the later stages of the game to play for the camera.

I wouldn't be too generous.

If a group is having trouble getting food/water, in the interest of not cancelling the season due to ethical considerations, there will be some outside intervention.

Not only that, but they take so many comments out of context with creative editting to make people seem that much more confrontational and whatnot.