So far, three people have complained about Exile being female. And none of them have complained about Revan being male.  <_<

Even the game admits Revan was a man so why argue about what the game says?

The only time either game says Revan is male is if you refuse to say anything about Revan to Atton. And the book says Exile is a female. So why argue what a book says? Hell, a book would secure more continuity then a game since with a game there are so many variables.

Revan is only referred to as a woman in KOTOR 2 if you let the game refer to Revan as a woman.

Furthermore, why the heck does it matter. They made it "canon" so that they can integrate it into the Star Wars Universe. To get pissed off because you played through as male Exile, only to find out that canon says Exile is female, is rather shallow, not to mention pointless.

And Wild Storm, you can talk to Atton about Revan and keep Revan male. Just correct him when he refers to Revan as a woman.

Edited by alanschu

Revan is only referred to as a woman in KOTOR 2 if you let the game refer to Revan as a woman.

Furthermore, why the heck does it matter.  They made it "canon" so that they can integrate it into the Star Wars Universe.  To get pissed off because you played through as male Exile, only to find out that canon says Exile is female, is rather shallow, not to mention pointless.

And Wild Storm, you can talk to Atton about Revan and keep Revan male.  Just correct him when he refers to Revan as a woman.

Yeah and that ruined everything. I always thought of the Exile as a man. A warriar. One like no other. Now despite everything that I imagined it was trashed. RPG's are fun because YOU get to decide who your character is and now that whole concept is f###ing trashed thanks to that stupid book. It was ruined. And NO when you correct atton it sets Revan as a female but if you don't correct him he gets set as a male. And actually you CAN'T correct him but only ask a question like Revan was a female?

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Yeah and that ruined everything. I always thought of the Exile as a man. A warriar. One like no other. Now despite everything that I imagined it was trashed. RPG's are fun because YOU get to decide who your character is and now that whole concept is f###ing trashed thanks to that stupid book. It was ruined.
And now you know how all us that play Revan as female and were then told that Revan was male, and that we should just "deal with it", feel. Not a nice feeling is it?

And NO when you correct atton it sets Revan as a female but if you don't correct him he gets set as a male. And actually you CAN'T correct him but only ask a question like Revan was a female?
Funny I set Revan to male once with no problem (although it annoyed me that it assumed he romanced Bastila). You have to choose the line: "How long have you been in that cage? Revan was a man, not a woman." And it will set Revan to male.
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

And Wild Storm, you can talk to Atton about Revan and keep Revan male. Just correct him when he refers to Revan as a woman.

I know. But if you don't let Atton continue the discussion before the option comes up, then Revan gets set as male.

You had said that "the only time either game says Revan is male is if you refuse to say anything about Revan to Atton."

Yeah and that ruined everything. I always thought of the Exile as a man. A warriar. One like no other. Now despite everything that I imagined it was trashed. RPG's are fun because YOU get to decide who your character is and now that whole concept is f###ing trashed thanks to that stupid book. It was ruined.

Well that's your own damned fault. If something that shallow pisses you off, go to anger management. Every Exile I played was male. If you were actually expecting canon to take on the specific Exile that you created, then you were dreaming.

And the Exile was a warrior, like no other (especially if the Exile was indeed a woman). But you're just using this argument to mask your sexist ideals. Sorry if you don't think women can be capable warriors, and it is such an affront to you that your own personal experiences with a game that full on lets you choose what you want the Exile to be, then that's your failure as a game player.

In a variety of other posts, you have built up the Exile as being the most powerful Jedi, when compared to canonical characters. But being the repressed, sexist twit you are, you just can't handle the possibility that this super strong character is actually a woman, because it doesn't mesh with your twisted perception of reality that has men being superior to women.

What do you expect? Why does the canon Exile have to be a man? Do you honestly expect the "official" canonical designation of the Exile (and Revan for that matter) to be some sort of androgynous hermaphrodite or something? Sorry it didn't mesh with your idea of men being more fitting for heroic roles than women.

I'd suggest not playing KOTOR 1 as Darkside either (or KOTOR 2 for that matter). Because all your work will be wasted, because it isn't what canon says (OMGOMGOMGOMG teh w0rld is cr4sh1ngz0rs!!11!1).

And NO when you correct atton it sets Revan as a female but if you don't correct him he gets set as a male. And actually you CAN'T correct him but only ask a question like Revan was a female?

It's been quite a while since I last played KOTOR 2, but if I remember correctly, when you start talking about Revan, Atton says something along the lines of "She was a Jedi blah blah blah..." to which you can reply something along the lines of "You're mistaken, Revan is a man." Atton then responds with something like "Yeah, you're right. Maybe it's just something that I really wanted to be true" or something to that effect.

So in conclusion, unless something has been changed or broken in a patch, your claim that "in the game both of KOTOR2 [Revan] was considered a girl" just flat out wrong. You get to choose the gender. And this was still after the fact that Revan had already been declared a Lightside Male in canon.

Since they can't create 4 different timelines of canon and try to work around that, the people that take care of canon had to make a choice between LS/DS and male/female. The game itself still let you choose, because there were people that played every permutation available. But hey, if you'd rather KOTOR 2 forces you to play a female just to match up canon, then that's up to you. I'm rather glad Obsidian and Lucasarts gave us the choice, because then someone like you (that feels a male would be more appropriate for the role) can actually play a male through the game.

As far as I'm concerned, take a timeout and come back when you've ditched your backwards, sexist patriarchal perspective of life...particularly when it comes to dealing with gender roles in fantasty fiction.

I'll even provide the transportation:

Waaahmbulance.jpg

Edited by alanschu

I know I defenetely don't!

I mean, if your signature is any indication of anything!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.