Acording to this The Exile was a girl. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Exile#...s_and_abilities

Who here thinks that that sounds a little out of place like it doesn't quite seem right. I thought the story was alot better when playing as a male gender because Sion was hated the Exile instead of loving the Exile (which is find extremley dumb).

Also Revan was considered a male. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan

But in the game both of KOTOR2 he was considered a girl.

I am so confused. Are these statments truly true. Or are they just other peoples views on the genders.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

I remember my best play was as female... I don't remember Sion loving me. He said all of the hate lines. Maybe it was a glitch? Either way it was pretty neutral. They just leaned towards female because the Atton story was the best of them all when you added cut content. If there was a love bit from Sion then it should be changed to the hate..... fit much better.

I remember my best play was as female... I don't remember Sion loving me. He said all of the hate lines. Maybe it was a glitch? Either way it was pretty neutral. They just leaned towards female because the Atton story was the best of them all when you added cut content. If there was a love bit from Sion then it should be changed to the hate..... fit much better.

I hate you because you are beautiful to me...not exactly the best way to say I love you but that's what it says in the developer notes...

Anyway, Revan has been made male by Leeland Chan and then remained male when the New Essential Chronology came out. The Exile was simply made canon by the New Essential Guide to Droids a couple of months ago when she was referred to as a "heroine" in the HK, T3 and Goto entries.

*patiently waits for complaints and how it's stupid to canonize Exile as a female but nothing about Revan being a male...*

The difference between male and female in regards to Sion:

Male Player on Korriban

Her apprentice is here. Find him.

[Angry, advancing on the player] Did you come here for answers? There are non. The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead. It is fitting you came here. I have studied you and found nothing but weakness. [disgusted] Yet still she clutches at you as if you are all that gives her life.

[insert player dialog about Kreia here]

I have studied you. I know that paths you walked in exile. I know your teacher. I know the fires that rage upon the Dxun moon while the Republic died around you. You know war. You know battle and I know of Malachor. [disgusted, cant believe it] You saw the heart of war, what Malachor wrought, yet you turned away from it. You are a wretched thing, a thing of weakness and fear. You are her apprentice in name only. I am the Master, and that is why you will die.

[After the battle, in which Exile and Co. flee]

[Furious, cant understand it, but makes him jealous of male player] She protects him, shields him. Find him. Hunt him wherever he travels. He will not escape me again. I will bring his corpse to her, cast it at her feet. I will be as if killing her children. I will kill all she protect, all she shields, until her hands are drenched in blood.

Female player Korriban

She is here. Find her.

[Quiet, advancing on the player] Did you come here for answers? There are none. The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead. I have studied you, immersed myself in you. I know the paths you walked in exile. I know your teacher. I know the fires that raged upon the Dxun moon while the Republic died around you. You know war. You know battle. And I know of Malachor. [understanding] You know what it means to be broken. The one who travels with you will destroy you, as she did me. I can end it before it begins.

[same questions as male player after this, but after the battle you get this:]

[Quiet] Do not harm her. I command it. She... has earned this. She and I will meet again.

Male player- Malachor

So you have come to die, like the Jedi before you. This planet is a graveyard for your kind. She thinks you should be spared, but only so you might suffer. You will break. And when you do, you will die. Why she would bother with one such as you is something I will never understand.

[Dialog options eventually lead to-]

I am ready for you, Exile. I have waited years to see the last of the Jedi fall before me. Only one may serve my Master.

[Convo after the first fight are the same]

[Convo after the second fight]

[Guarded] You are strong... perhaps she was correct about you. But you cannot kill me. She knows this.

[Convo after the third fight]

[Vicious, brutal- realized he may be out-matched] You will not pass.

[Convo after final battle]

I will not fall. I cannot die [broken] Why... why did she choose you? What make you able to defeat me, defeat me here?

[sion

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Okay, I will respond.

It is wrong to assume a women could not command an army. If you think they couldn't you have a confused view on gender roles ,and it could be assumed you base such an argument on a stereotype. Which of course is not an argument ,of validity. :)

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

A female doesn't quite fit the Exile's character...a rebellious, hardened war hero. I always imagine a guy when I think of Revan so I'm with with him being canonically male.

Complaint #1. Let's see how far this goes...

Buy and read Ian Fleming's From Russia With Love and try and tell me women (Rosa Klebb is the character I am thinking of) don't work as strategists/being cold.

There is also real cases of women and strategy/heartlessness I am sure. Can't be bothered to look it up to be honest.

I thought the story was far more interesting as female Exile. Sion was actually more interesting, Atris hardly was any different, Atton-Mical were a better pair of rivals (shame the fulfillment of it was cut)

I thought the story was alot better when playing as a male gender because Sion was hated the Exile instead of loving the Exile (which is find extremley dumb).

heeheehee... irony :D

Edited by KaanFun-We

The main differences between female and male exiles can be summarized in three points:

Sion vs. Atris: Either way, one of them loves you. From my point of view, Sion's more interesting, just because it's more in-game. With Atris, it's more about what happened in the Mandalorian Wars and your trial; the current stuff is mostly just bitterness. Sion's thing is kinda creepy, but also interesting. The way he hates you because he loves you, how he kinda can't cope with the idea of loving someone.

Handmaiden vs. Disciple: Here I have to admit, male exile wins. Disciple... that's the one character I REALLY wish I could kill. Even though I'm normally lightside. Handmaiden's pretty cool, too, although I don't think she beats Visas. Definitely male exile here.

Cut Content: This is where female exile has a definite point. With the male endings, it's

either a rivals fight or... nothing.

As far as I know, anyway. Female, you have

Atton siding with Traya and killing (maybe it's just a fight, but I really, really hope it's killing) Disciple, or the death scene, or ...I thought there was a third one...

There's some minor other stuff of course, mainly just small interactions with Atton/Disciple/Visas/Handmaiden, but as far as I can tell, these are the three main points. I'd say female, just 'cause I thought the Sion stuff was interesting, better than Atris, anyway, and the cut content (sending happy/hopeful thoughts to Team-Gizka) looks way better. In the end, it's just preference, though.

Acording to this The Exile was a girl. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Exile#...s_and_abilities

Who here thinks that that sounds a little out of place like it doesn't quite seem right. I thought the story was alot better when playing as a male gender because Sion was hated the Exile instead of loving the Exile (which is find extremley dumb).

Also Revan was considered a male. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan

But in the game both of KOTOR2 he was considered a girl.

I am so confused. Are these statments truly true. Or are they just other peoples views on the genders.

huh? Considered as girl, nope... That's not true. It's all about you in the beginning. Besides, there is topic about canonical genders already

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Hmm. I could swear I got both of those dialogue options when I've played through kotor 2. Funny thing is, I've only ever played the game as male. Maybe it was a glitch or something, I've played through like 20 times, but I still remember it. I think I chalked it down to some sort of inferiority complex he had against the exile, you know, like a sort of niggling voice saying the exile's stronger than him or some such.

This whole love/hate scenario's interesting.... disturbing but interesting..... unimaginably gross but interesting.. yes, I think I must ponder this some more.

Cut Content: This is where female exile has a definite point. With the male endings, it's  either a rivals fight or... nothing. As far as I know, anyway. Female, you have Atton siding with Traya and killing (maybe it's just a fight, but I really, really hope it's killing) Disciple, or the death scene, or ...I thought there was a third one...

Correction: Male Exile has all the content the Female Exile would. Hell, one could say he has an extra one. Male Exile still has the confrontations with Traya, the party civil war (Handmaiden and Visas), the Atton/Sion fight and leaving Handmaiden/Visas. Obviously you can't get all of these options in one gameplay.

Sion is the lord of pain and suffering and his only concern and purpose is to whipe out all the jedi and anailate them all. Sion lives to inflict pain on others and kill. For him to love sounds very out of place.

The Exile was a war hero that lead armies, dealed with large amounts of pain, and in all honesty he seemed more like a male character. I am very pissed that they decided to make the Exile a female. I wish they would of left in a mystery and let you decide his gender. The just messed everything up. All this time I have been playing as a male Exile and now I learn that the Exile was a girl. Also the majority of all the people played the game as the Exile being a male so why change the Exiles gender to a girl? The Exile and Revan fit perfectly as men. Also the counsil seemed very hard of the Exile and atris being in love with the Exile but hating him at the same time seems alot better than the Sion crap. Sion WAS a VERY cool character when I was playing as a male but he is the lord of pain and only cares to kill and inflict pain and once I found out he was different from playing the female side it almsot ruined the character for me. Also visas seemed to play a larger role when the Exile was a male.

EDIT: Also if Revan was refered to a she in the game wouldn't that be more cannonically correct than whay anyone else would have to say. Because anyone who says anything different is sort of rewriting to story since nomatter what gender you played with the Exile with Revan was considered a female many times throughout the game. But I can't imagine Revan as a female either. Female revan and Exile both have to go. I can't fathom that. Their backgrounds make them seem much more like men. Also 'im not makning a arguement on a sterotype or anything but I really just think the background makes the Exile seem more like a male fit than a female. If we look at almost all the war heroes in history and look at the majority of the people serving in law renforcement the more than 90 percent are male. In almost every historicle event the people with backgrounds like that were males. That is just where the facts point out to. Not saying that a female can't do this stuff and I know it's happened many times before but it's WAY more rare to see female characters with a background like this. In almost any fantasty world or action movie the main war heroes and combat stars are male characters because that's what fits with the story the best. Same case with the Exile. I have played both and think the male is much better for the story.

Edited by OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)
Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

I dicided to comment on this.

I realy have no opinion on whether Exile "should" be male or female.

In playing the game (I have played both) I got to say that Handmaiden vs Decipile is one sided to me. I would be more then happy to be able to kill Diciple so that I don't have to put up with him in the game, but I always thought it was because I was a strait guy. Not mention the skill you get from Handmaiden (Battle Precogition) is way better to me. I think that Artis is cool and was very disapointed that I could not save her. ( I don't see why you can't bring her with you.)

There is no real Guy vs Girl limites, both genders have had there hay days. Even as early as the Greese era we find that the word lebian comes from Lesbia, an island of (fill in the blank) and before that hole emipiers run only by females (guess what the men where doing).

It has been only in the last few thousand years that men have become the war like figues that run the show we know today. This is in no small part to Christanity and that little line at the start of the bibble that places importance on men. (I am not attacking anyone or anything. It is a recoded fact, wether it was the intention for this or not is something I will stay well away from.)

Men have always been stronger. In Greese, it was a qualifcation for the army to be able to jump your own hight. But this does not stop two girls from taring each other apart in ways unbecoming of a the female half.

And as for smarts... well I have been out smarted by enough women to be willing to admit that women can be just as perseptive as any man. As a general or other wise.

Edited by James Dunn

"But in the game both of KOTOR2 he was considered a girl." (someone show me where in canon Exile is female cause I can't find it)

and since Atton refers to Revan as female I always as well assumed that in canon story Revan was female...But I've been informed in canon revan is male...so why the hell does atton assume she is female is my freaking question??? LOL

Edited by Weapon Master Michie

Why would you care what is "canon"?

They didn't force a male Revan on anyone in KOTOR II, so why should that be any different for the Exile in a possible KOTOR III?

As for Revan being refered to as a female, I certainly don't remember that. Atton says "she", but you can easily correct him on it. If you say you don't care, then Revan is automatically put to lightside male. That's as close to a canon Revan as you will get.

I actually like the Sion loves the Exile bit, it's more interesting than the story for a male Exile. I like the Handmaiden more than Disciple and Visas is also better when playing a male, but overall it doesn't really matter to me.

If I had to choose gender and alignment for Revan and the Exile in KOTOR III, I would make both of them ls male, but that's because I'm male, not because of a higher quality in the storyline. The choice between male/female Exile is much closer than the one for Revan.

The most important npc of KOTOR II (Kreia) isn't a love interest for either gender, while the one of KOTOR (Bastila) is for a male character. Because of that, there isn't such a huge difference between the two genders in TSL.

And explain what you intend to acheive by ranting about how you don't like it for however many pages this is going to last?

The people behind official continuity have decided that in any time the character appears outside a KOTOR game she will be referred to as female. Deal with it, cause getting upset about it is just pathetic.

Well being male fits Revans theme alot better and same with the Exile. Also if you do ask Atton about if she was a female bastilla will also confirm that revan was a female. Also that stupid droid book proves nothing. Little is known about the Exile and we can't be sure of the Exiles gender. You choose his gender for all we know. Also who's to say in KOTOR3 (if it comes out) that the Exile won't be a male. What's canon than?

- Xard

So far, three people have complained about Exile being female. And none of them have complained about Revan being male.  <_<

How about I complain about either of them being made "canon" at all? Why couldn't LucasArts be like Wizards of the Coast who have not made Baldur's Gate and NWN, etc. part of the official canon? It would have been better because there are so many veriables. I mean you can choice to be whatever you want and none of should be deemed "wrong" because it's not canon.

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Well being male fits Revans theme alot better and same with the Exile. Also if you do ask Atton about if she was a female bastilla will also confirm that revan was a female. Also that stupid droid book proves nothing. Little is known about the Exile and we can't be sure of the Exiles gender. You choose his gender for all we know. Also who's to say in KOTOR3 (if it comes out) that the Exile won't be a male. What's canon than?

When and if KOTOR 3 comes out, and it does not give you a choice of gender for Exile (assuming they set it as male) then it would override the Guide Book. But for now, Exile is female. Deal with it. If a book came out today and said Exile was male, then even that would override the guide book. Same applies for Revan.

Little is known about the Exile and we can't be sure of the Exiles gender. You choose his gender for all we know.

Okay then...Revan is also choosen by the player. Guess he cannot be considered male then. No difference.

Edited by Wild Storm