zayne guardian/marauder tutorial

-----Tutorial-----

first you have to know some basic information about the stats system (how its work).

first of all about the stats .

example if you have 22 in STR and 23 the effect is the same .

cause the effect apear only by pair numbers example . 2,4,6,8 etc.. for every stats so dont waste stats always try to have pair stats.

------Guardian/Marauder Tutorial------

ok Starting Stats (when your creating your character)

STR: 18 (+4)

DEX: 14 (+2)

CON: 14 (+2)

INT: 8 (-1)

WIS: 8 (-1)

CHA: 8 (-1)

----------------------------------

STR : why so much str ???

Simple because of the kotor system STR is your dmg and chance to hit...

so higher your str is more dmg you will do and you wont miss your target ..

Example if you use Master speed (every bonus hit) so you dont want to have some hits dosent hit because you dont hit enough.

BTW STR is the only 1 stats you going to raise after this starting build..

now i know what you think hes crazy ??? what about my HP and my armor ... ill explain everything.

[Yes the only 1 stats you raise is STR until the end of the game Exept if you want implant level3]

----------------------------------

DEX : 14 dex its perfect because you will receive enough armor bonnus + good item build + Stimulants + Buffs you should have something around 38 AC (armor class) this enough trust me 80 % of the npc will do 0 dmg to you and the other 20 % will do very low dmg on you .

-----------------------------------

CON: 14 (+2) ill try to be clear you dont need tons of HP because of 2 simple reason.

You will kill 99% of the npc in the game in 1-2 hit max.. the only one who needed 3 was traya .

second reason is that with your armor and defense you wont suffer lots of dmg .

Remember buff + stimulants is your friend.

INT: 8 (-1) Useless for Guardian/Marauder.

WIS: 8 (-1) " "

CHA: 8 (-1) " "

(Note : Use your party members if you need these stats for quests or more)

OK now Feats and Lightsaber Forms.

----Feat----

Ill go for the needed only do what ever you want with your other point ( and if you havent cheated or using glitch if you kill every npc you can and every side quest you should be around lvl 28-30 like me)

-Master Critical Strike : this is better than Flurry , Power Attack.

Because if you use Master force speed + Juyo lightsaber form Flurry is useless.

you still do 5 hit (in total in one normal atack). and if you use Master Critical Strike its dosent only give a crit chance on a single hit EVERY HITS so the 5 hits can crit and you wont suffer any hit chance penalty not like Master Power Atack.

-Master Dueling

Superior Two-Weapon Fighting III ( needed)

-Armor Proficiency: Light (its perfect like this)

-Master Critical Strike

-Weapon Specialization: Lightsaber

-Superior Weapon Focus: Lightsaber III ( needed )

-Regenerate Force Points ( optional but very usefull low level )

-Increase Combat Damage III ( needed )

-Implant Level 3 ( optional but very usefull to get higher stats boost )

-Master Toughness ( i can say needed because you need this low level )

-Master Conditioning ( needed )

-Finesse: Melee Weapons ( needed )

(put the rest in what you want)

----Juyo Form----

this is just the best form for guardian/Marauder...

Form VII

This Form has the following effect:

Defense -4

Defense vs. Current Target +2 ( with defense -4 and this +2 you only suffer -2 defpenalty wich is aceptable.)

Saves vs. Force Powers -4 (who cares)

Attacks Per Round +1 (Just amazing)

Critical Hit Attack Modifier +4 (give more chance to crit)

---------------------------

sorry about my english iam French Canadien i realy try my best to be clear .

i hope you guys will find thid tut usefull.

PS about my sugestion for a good item build. ( hard to say because the items drops are random) but if you take a look at my item build in my video . those item are not that rare and iam to tired to make my personnal item build in this tut

That kind of character however, don't have lot of roleplaying value

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Good lord, where do I start!

You should NOT start str at 18. Starting it t 16 allows you to get your int, cha, and wis out of the crapper, at a -1 penalty to AB/AC only. With 8 int, you'll be bleeding skill points.

38 AC is pretty low. You will get hit with 38 AC, and will need to rely on energy absorption items to stand up to the floating sabers. For maurauder, with low dex, I would seriously consider getting the heavy armor feat and switching to armor for the end game. With the ablative plating mark IV and armorweave mark V, you'll absorb 60% of energy damage. Throw in master toughness and ignore pain 3 and you will absorb 85% of damage. Remember that Marauders get their two extra attacks from master fury even with armor.

Feats:

I agree that master crtical strike is the best feat. However it works best with the Shien lightsaber form. If you use two sabers and use a keen crystal or upgrade, you'll threaten crits on a roll of 11-20. Shien will triple the damage from crits. 4 attacks with x3 crits beats 5 attacks with x2 crits.

Master Dueling: no master two weapon fighting is what you want

Superior Two-Weapon Fighting III: virtually useless, as the bonus from superior LS focus is better.

-Armor Proficiency: Light, actually guardians get medium for free too. See what I said above about heavy

-Master Critical Strike: yup

-Weapon Specialization: Lightsaber

-Superior Weapon Focus: Lightsaber III ( needed )

Useful but not obligatory

-Regenerate Force Points ( optional but very usefull low level )

Agreed

-Increase Combat Damage III ( needed ): free for maurauders

-Implant Level 3 ( optional but very usefull to get higher stats boost ): not a feat. You need 18 con for the best implants. You can get 3 increased to con from your companions if you are darkside. You will need to put 1 increase into con at level up. Well worth it for D-package implants

-Master Toughness ( i can say needed because you need this low level ): yup

-Master Conditioning ( needed )

Only if you have left over feats

-Finesse: Melee Weapons ( needed ):

finesse melee weapons is useless once you get your LS. Actually it's useless because your str is higher than dex.

(put the rest in what you want)

----Juyo Form----

this is just the best form for guardian/Marauder...

Form VII:

see discussion on Shien

Critical Hit Attack Modifier +4 (give more chance to crit): this means your confirmation roll on a threatened crit gets a +4. Not a big deal. Really.

have you seen my video ? nothing in the game do dmg to me with 38 AC . i focus more on DMG for the simple reason that i kill everything in 1 hit or 2 max .

starting with 18 STR is the best for STR bonnus each level . if you dont cheat or glitch you wont be level 50 but around 30

second i wasnt talking about my personal item build plz next time read before arguing..

watch my video for my item build .. iam sure that you havent see it yet.

here the link

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...8161813&q=zayne

And about this

Feats:

I agree that master crtical strike is the best feat. However it works best with the Shien lightsaber form. If you use two sabers and use a keen crystal or upgrade, you'll threaten crits on a roll of 11-20. Shien will triple the damage from crits. 4 attacks with x3 crits beats 5 attacks with x2 crits.

your wrong . i use 2 lightsabers to . and with juyo form i get an extra hit + master forcespeed another 1 so everyhit have a chance to crit . so its do uber dmg when its proc and its proc alot and the +4 with the form give (4%) its alot you cant even know.

Edited by darthzayne

No offense, but that seems like a very very simple beginner build. It doesn't seem in any way risky or something to brag about. While a lot of people including me like to thrash kickass interesting builds like blaster jedi and the like, we still like and usually have played the builds. That looks a lot like the first build I used on the game, very simple, and as a result very simple to beat. Also not too fun to roleplay or brag about. Basically IMO it was a waste of time to post the build, as many will follow that trend anyway.

Somebody threadjack it with other builds!

No offense, but that seems like a very very simple beginner build. It doesn't seem in any way risky or something to brag about. While a lot of people including me like to thrash kickass interesting builds like blaster jedi and the like, we still like and usually have played the builds. That looks a lot like the first build I used on the game, very simple, and as a result very simple to beat. Also not too fun to roleplay or brag about. Basically IMO it was a waste of time to post the build, as many will follow that trend anyway.

Somebody threadjack it with other builds!

simple build dosent mean not efective.

and i showed this build because keep saying that i cheated in my video or ask me the build . so i did , and its not all about the stats but have a good item build + this stats make you unstoppable and casy instant kil 1 hit.

BTW you have a point about interesting build , its was my first one i wanted to make the perfect guardian / marauder killing machine.

ill make one on a Consular if kotor 3 can come out in my life time ill make a new video i have done kotor 1 and 2 ... the next one is pending .

Edited by darthzayne

That kind of character however, don't have lot of roleplaying value

your right . but this is the less talk kill more build.

BTW if you want some role play you should use consular character to dont waste stats.

Nope, sentinel

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Going to disagree a bit.

Starting out with STR 18 is a waste of attribute points. You would have been much better off pumping those points into WIS.

Maybe start at STR 15, but even then, that still costs two points to go from 14 to 15.

The reason why I suggest pumping those into WIS, especially if your character is male, is because you get to apply your WIS bonus to your defense after a certain encounter with Handmaiden, and that your Force abilities are strongly dependent on your WIS.

Could also increase Int to at least 10 or more, if character is going to consider having some basic skills like say Treat injury. Usually works well with Sentinels, but Guardians might also have a bit of it for additional conversation options, if not for Wis or other stats.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Could also increase Int to at least 10 or more, if character is going to consider having some basic skills like say Treat injury. Usually works well with Sentinels, but Guardians might also have a bit of it for additional conversation options, if not for Wis or other stats.

like i said this build is not for roleplay BTW you can use your party members for optional option.

this build is for destroying everything the quicker you can.

I saw the video, and what I say stands.

With 38 AC, you get hit plenty. Even the weakling Gands were hitting you. Nihilus hit you with 100+ damage crit. You were running an overlay with 30% absorption during the Kreia fight. That's 55% absorption, plus the energy resistance power. Look at the floaty text. Some enemies were hitting you for 0 damage, meaning the absorption was doing the work.

38 AC will get you hit. Period. Check the breakdown logs.

The fact that you can kill all enemies in one round has nothing to do with the build. That's how easy the game is. Even 10 str consulars can blow through the game.

With 38 AC, you get hit plenty. Even the weakling Gands were hitting you. Nihilus hit you with 100+ damage crit. You were running an overlay with 30% absorption during the Kreia fight. That's 55% absorption, plus the energy resistance power. Look at the floaty text. Some enemies were hitting you for 0 damage, meaning the absorption was doing the work.

The fact that you can kill all enemies in one round has nothing to do with the build. That's how easy the game is. Even 10 str consulars can blow through the game.

dude your the kind of ppl who talk wiout solid proof of what you said ..

i have did a tut and a video to proof everything .

you just look to dont understand after this post i wont reply before your post because you dont know what your talking about..

its my last try to make you understand.

the enemy dont have time to break my god dam shield energy because i kill before he do anything els.

end of story . the only 1 time nihilus hited me was because i was wearing a shhiti sith robe for the show.

and no way a consulars with 10 str can 2 shot every npc its will be more about 30 hits to kill something because they wont touch anything because of lacks of STR

and even with my STR its hard to get 100 % chance on hit wich is very important for a Guardian/Marauder same thing about Force resist for a Consular stats build.

who cares about HP/DEF/Dodge rate , if nothing can dmg you because you kill them before they break your shield .

now i hope i have been enough clear if still you want to argu make your own build and show it by a video like me .

like i said this build is not for roleplay BTW you can use your party members for optional option.

*NEWSFLASH* The emphasis of KotOR is not the action lets kill for fun point, its to get something out of the story the whole fighting is second to dialogue. The whole game is based around dialogue and a good strong built character, not in terms of "RLY LOOK AT ME!!1 I HAVE TEH LEET CHARACTOR THAT CAN PEEN GANDZ!!11"

*NEWSFLASH* The emphasis of KotOR is not the action lets kill for fun point, its to get something out of the story the whole fighting is second to dialogue. The whole game is based around dialogue and a good strong built character, not in terms of "RLY LOOK AT ME!!1 I HAVE TEH LEET CHARACTOR THAT CAN PEEN GANDZ!!11"

Dont tell me what should i enjoy playing this game.

After the 5 th finishing this game, plus i have read every kotor era comics i think i got the story still everytime i finish this game i discover new content. and what like from this game is the freedom and the way the combat system work its what i enjoy.

Edited by darthzayne

Nihilus hit me with an insanely high AC also. Actually either due to it being highest difficulty or the form I was using the guy was practically mopping the floor with me. However the only two that could do serious damage with the high was was Sion and Nihilus.

Another thing to the poster, shields do not last forever. Another thing, you can play a non-rp build without using strength. I doubt you'll do as much killing if you can't make any saves to be honest. You've got big muscles and a high chance to hit, sure. However you will be hit CONSTANTLY and will be insanely vunerable to force powers. We're not saying to keep points into things other than strength so you can roleplay, we're saying it so you won't be so die hard in one spot to leave you vunerable to one specifc thing. Sorry to say, but that's the kind of build that a fighter will find hard to deal with, but one that a caster will laugh and ignore.

Nihilus hit me with an insanely high AC also. Actually either due to it being highest difficulty or the form I was using the guy was practically mopping the floor with me. However the only two that could do serious damage with the high was was Sion and Nihilus.

Another thing to the poster, shields do not last forever. Another thing, you can play a non-rp build without using strength. I doubt you'll do as much killing if you can't make any saves to be honest. You've got big muscles and a high chance to hit, sure. However you will be hit CONSTANTLY and will be insanely vunerable to force powers. We're not saying to keep points into things other than strength so you can roleplay, we're saying it so you won't be so die hard in one spot to leave you vunerable to one specifc thing. Sorry to say, but that's the kind of build that a fighter will find hard to deal with, but one that a caster will laugh and ignore.

first of all kriea in the movie did nothing to me please stop tlaking of what you dont know.

stop talking of what you dont know iam going to tell you a secret ..

i use a secret skill named "FORCE IMUNITY" and you know what when its down i do something very wierd i "CAST IT AGAIN". Holy **** , recast a skill when its down...

BTW i never had to recast something because everyone is dead before i need to.

i never need save because my char is close to invincible . vunerable to what 25 dmg ? even if its was 100 DMG i have 700 hp you will need 7 of caster atacking me at the same time to kill me but its wont happend because of simple reason that i will kill all of them before my skill is down "force imunity" + shields + stimulants.

iam just suprise how much "noob" i see on this forum 50 % of ppl have reply to my topic event understand the point of my topic.

And understand that this build is for casi instant kill targets.

Not For roleplay , not for taking tons of dmg and give tons of hit to kill something.

and 25 % of these called me cheater or glitcher because they cant admit something like that.

but 50 % of the rest know what iam tlaking about and have try them self.

its this 50 % who give me hope that in kotor 3 if its come out , will show some interesting build. and give positive opinion and suggestion with solid proof of what they talk about .

Meh, you only get so many recasts with wisdom scores that low. Also, what difficult is it at? I could hardly keep track of the final fights on Difficult. I know a simple recast or resetting a shield is a big deal.

Another thing I suppose is the problem is we like to play mechanics. The game wasn't as difficult as it should have been. If it were, I don't think such a build would work. The worst caster was Kreia, and she was pretty poor at it.

Wow. Whoever said a lvl 10 strength consuler can hit needs to THINK AGAIN. Wow. They NEVER hit. Peroid. And with my jedi watchmen who's consitution and saves and dexterity were on par with his strength STILL took damage. The gands still hit me often but little damage. Also Sith marauders can resist 15 percent of any damage dealt, and plus you can wear gear that absorbs. I had no need to absorb though with my Sith marauder. NO ONE ever HIT OVER 70 on my character who had like 26 dexterity and 26 consitution at lvl 50. And I could average 500 damage per round. That is PROOF THAT IT IS INDEED a good build. I have tried almost everything. The higher strength not only the higher you hit but the more likley you will score a higher hit because of the increased accuracey. With builds like all you other guys who balance yourselves out and give your builds good defence I only dealt like 200-300 damage per round at lvl 50 using force enlightment as a jedi watchmen. With my Sith Marauder I usually averaged at LEAST 500 damage per round and ALWAYS HIT and many times I have achieved like 1000 damage in a round because of two or three criticles in that round that are like 300 damage each. Offensive attributes are way better than def attributes. I gurantee his character could own almsot any other character at lvl 30 and especially thsoe who think you need mroe def and a balanced build. Force fury will give you better saves, extra and extra hp along with great offensive abilities and it last a minute and that's all he would need is that power. The only other build that might beat him is a sith lord his lvl with hig wisdom and charisma using force crush but force crush doesn't work as well against many enemys. Nice build darthzayne.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Wow. Whoever said a lvl 10 strength consuler can hit needs to THINK AGAIN. Wow. They NEVER hit. Peroid. And with my jedi watchmen who's consitution and saves and dexterity were on par with his strength STILL took damage. The gands still hit me often but little damage. Also Sith marauders can resist 15 percent of any damage dealt, and plus you can wear gear that absorbs. I had no need to absorb though with my Sith marauder. NO ONE ever HIT OVER 70 on my character who had like 26 dexterity and 26 consitution at lvl 50. And I could average 500 damage per round. That is PROOF THAT IT IS INDEED a good build. I have tried almost everything. The higher strength not only the higher you hit but the more likley you will score a higher hit because of the increased accuracey. With builds like all you other guys who balance yourselves out and give your builds good defence I only dealt like 200-300 damage per round at lvl 50 using force enlightment as a jedi watchmen. With my Sith Marauder I usually averaged at LEAST 500 damage per round and ALWAYS HIT and many times I have achieved like 1000 damage in a round because of two or three criticles in that round that are like 300 damage each. Offensive attributes are way better than def attributes. I gurantee his character could own almsot any other character at lvl 30 and especially thsoe who think you need mroe def and a balanced build. Force fury will give you better saves, extra and extra hp along with great offensive abilities and it last a minute and that's all he would need is that power. The only other build that might beat him is a sith lord his lvl with hig wisdom and charisma using force crush but force crush doesn't work as well against many enemys. Nice build darthzayne.

i coulnt not say better :D , i hope ill see you around :D

your right and btw if that game had a pvp 1v1 dont forget the marauder jump ability he can jump forward to hit an enemy . ( Big chance that the Jedi Master/Sith Lord , will go down after this hit) if not the second hit will do .

and iam sure a good caster with a crazy build can destroy almost everything in the room in 2 or 3 sec. but in 1v1 iam asking myself but if i had to bet money ill put my money on the marauder/guardian.

Yeah. Im always a consular/lord, with 15 str. and I never hit. Thats why I put the lightsaber away and used force storm. Yall really need to stop bashing this guy. He doesnt care about " Oh look Im a RPG, lets go talk to as many people as possible." hes doin it for fun. Apparently, he thought this would be a respectable forum, and wanted to share what he did. DAMMIT!

Er... a consular that took enough out of str and poured into whatever else probably won't be trying to hit. Unless of course they put it in dex, where they CAN still get modifiers and chance to hit with finesse. But honestly, if a Consular only has 10 str, he's going to use breach and abuse storm.

If the points are pumped into dex and the finesse feat is used, then the player can do so. However I don't think it was mentioned, so you are within bounds. Tried this build a bit earlier. Killing machine indeed, but I couldn't stand getting shot at so much, so I scrapped it after Peragus. Even with my shields on, I'm used to dodging.