Televisions

Kor Qel Droma

I have to say I'm quite pleased with my purchase. The day I went to purchase the model it was discounted another hundred dollars!

Picture in picture is nice, but I can't really take advantage of it since it only works with cables inserted into the AV slots. Currently I have my 360 running through the component in, and the picture is really great. For the first time I can actually read the text in Dead Rising!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I was going to say, "Make sure you get a TV that can display 1080p!" but I guess you already made your purchase.

I've got my eyes on this Toshiba LCD-TV: http://www.toshibatec-tnd.com/page.html?cid=1491&pid=0

It's fast (8ms), big (42 inches) and can display 1080p. Only problem is the price, but it is dropping fast.. Only last week it went from 35000 SEK ($4900) to 30000 SEK ($4200) in Sweden. If you import it from Germany you can get it for around 21000 SEK ($2933).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I was going to say, "Make sure you get a TV that can display 1080p!" but I guess you already made your purchase.

I've got my eyes on this Toshiba LCD-TV: http://www.toshibatec-tnd.com/page.html?cid=1491&pid=0

It's fast (8ms), big (42 inches) and can display 1080p. Only problem is the price, but it is dropping fast.. Only last week it went from 35000 SEK ($4900) to 30000 SEK ($4200) in Sweden. If you import it from Germany you can get it for around 21000 SEK ($2933).

ID rather get a smaller regular or plasma television due to the problems that the native resolution of LCD screens bring. If you get swede digital TV (visasat or Canal+) they have a resolution of around 640x480, which will look very blurry on a 1900x1080 LCD screen.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, you're right. But I think I am willing to put up with a little blurryness just to make sure I am somewhat future-safe.

Yes, I am fooling myself, shut up.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

There are only two or three channels that are broadcast in HDTV here as far as I know.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, you're right. But I think I am willing to put up with a little blurryness just to make sure I am somewhat future-safe.

Yes, I am fooling myself, shut up.

Hah! :D

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

for similar sizes, kaftan, LCD is much more expensive than plasma.  you can get 42" plasmas for $1600 in the states now.  a 42" LCD, OTOH, is running $2300.

taks

Wow, in Canada, plasmas tend to be more than twice the price of LCDs. Like, a 60" LCD will be around $3600, while a 60" Plasma, is around $8k

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

uh, 60" LCD is a projection, which is different, and most of them are about the same price as comparable plasmas.  the largest actual LCD that i know of is 42".

Yeah that's what I was thinking, a 60" LCD would probably cost more than a trip to the moon and back, all limbs intact.

what sucks is that it doesn't have 1080p.

taks

Heh, didn't even notice that. I saw a 1080 there didn't think about whether is was P or I. Was just looking at the size. :o"

And it's only sold out on the website. There are a couple of store that supposedly have it. Scarborough West in Ontario would be one. :-

Hey! It's on sale for $500 off too! ;)

EDIT: After looking around, it appears that very, very few of them have 1080p. Only one of the >= 50" plasmas has 1080p and I don't see any of the >= 40" LCD's that had 1080p. :thumbsup:

Edited by Deraldin

yeah, i'm gonna make sure i get a 1080p.  my dvd player is progressive, no need to waste it! :thumbsup:  of course, that adds considerably to the cost.

taks

Bah! I won't be getting an HD-ready tv until I move out on my own it looks like. My parents will keep using their 10 year old televisions until they finally die like they did with the older one we had.

The last TV was just one of the items in this house that they have had longer than me. That TV was around 25 years old. Still worked, but the colours were starting to go. ;)

After looking around, it appears that very, very few of them have 1080p. Only one of the >= 50" plasmas has 1080p and I don't see any of the >= 40" LCD's that had 1080p. :wacko:

Yeah, there aren't a lot around. Yet.

The last TV was just one of the items in this house that they have had longer than me. That TV was around 25 years old. Still worked, but the colours were starting to go. :p

I remember seeing our old tv that had been sold with an old house, still in situ, and still working about 20 years later. The only thing that had sufferred was the speaker: it was barely audible at maximum volume. The Rank tube was still going great guns, after 20 years.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT