Starforge or Death Star

Star Forge or Death Star  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Star Forge or Death Star

• Starforge is more powerful
    • Death Star is more powerful
    • They are equal

I was thinking about this for awhile and who would win the starforge or death star

I think Starforge overall cause it can send wave and wave of troops at death star blocking its ray and still have troops left over and plus the darth star has a large reload time and it isnt so powerful to take out a full fleet just most of the fleet and the Starforge has guns so it can provide backup.

Star Forge Because it could just creat a bunch of incredibly strong ships and bomb the crap out of the death star. However one shot from the death star would decimate the death star with one shot.........decisions,decsions....... ;)

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Here we go again...*sigh*

Death Star. Rotate it's laser once, lock on, FIRE. It'd tear through all the ships and go send that oversized factory into the sun.

Starforge has guns so it can provide backup.

Only surrounding it's hanger bays for ships that come a little too close...and they aren't all that accurate.

Well, it truly depends on what you want the effect or eventual outcome to be.

The Death Star's primary purpose was fear. Huge space-station that can destroy a planet with the flick of a gunners wrist and an Emperor's command. Good if want to strike fear into an empire that's discontent... The Death Star also has massive potential as a freakin' huge troop transport. The problem arises with destroying planets. With each planet you destroy, you lose potential resources that could've been conquered, and then used to build more units and what not.

The Star Forge - build, build, build. That's the function of this thing. I don't know if it's got it's own propulsion system or not - doubtful - but with a Sun providing resources, you only really run out of that resource when the star decides to die. (The star in there system wouldn't do so for a few million years at least). With all the ships you could build, droids to pilot these ships, and all the other droids to conquer planets, you have a near inexhaustable army. With this, you can conquer until you own everything, have tons more resources, and build even more units. (Revans plan). Just be careful you don't become a slave to the Star Forge.

For me, it's not about which has "more power", and which of these two can beat each other in a one-on-one fight - it comes down to which I'd find more useful in a war. For that reason, I elect the Star Forge.

Am not exactly sure how both of them can be comparable on basis of destruction potential. BW's conception of Star Forge is tied with an assumption of being able to churn out Sith fighters at an infinite rate. How it is an infinite rate has likely remained unexplained clearly while it also may maintain defiance against logicl somehow.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

*sigh*

Just read old, locked Star Forge vs. Death Star topic. All opinions were there, as well as gool old flaming and argumentation. I want to go through same again. Yeah, I really, really want <_<

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, one thing can say about Star Forge is that it has a counter-defence against its initial droid assault. It is reflected in part of space station where Malak's machinery-engineered production of droids can be paralleled with your PC's use of comp spikes to produce another droid model. Not too sure if Death Star had that.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Well, one thing can say about Star Forge is that it has a counter-defence against its initial droid assault. It is reflected in part of space station where Malak's machinery-engineered production of droids can be paralleled with your PC's use of comp spikes to produce another droid model. Not too sure if Death Star had that.

Lol i mean Starforge vs Deathstar as in a one on one fight

Lol i mean Starforge vs Deathstar as in a one on one fight

They would never be used like that. Ever. In fact if somebody was stupid enough to take on the Star Forge directly with it without a good strategy it would be destroyed, no chance.

Now strategically, the Star Forge is a far greater tool. Death Star was meant to pin systems into check by keeping them fearful. The Star Forge was a factory powerful enough to constantly crank out ships. Also the armor had to be considerably stronger to withstand the heat of a star... however it obviously has a larger weak spot. Also, rewatch Episode VI ignorant poster who thinks it would burn through multiple ships. It blew up one ship at a time. Whether by arrogance or not, the weapon seems to be a contact and blow type of ray.

If you have to go by one on one, that's stupid and I refuse to answer because of how easily the Death Star could destroy it. However if you had to pick one, Star Forge all day. Fleets are no longer costly, in fact the only cost is defense of the factory, which can all be done by the factory itself.

Also, rewatch Episode VI ignorant poster who thinks it would burn through multiple ships. It blew up one ship at a time. Whether by arrogance or not, the weapon seems to be a contact and blow type of ray.

First off, do not call me ignorant. Second off, it's plain and simple why it didn't burn through multiple ships in ROTJ. The Death Star had powerlevels to it's laser cannon. If the cannon was turned on full power when firing at the Rebellion Capital Ships, it'd shoot right through and then onto the Sanctuary Moon where they'd destroy their own shield generator, allowing what remained of the fleet to infiltrate and destroy the Death Star. The cannon definitely burns through. I believe it burned right through Alderann's planetary shield (not 100% positive). But face it: the power to decimate an entire planet would definitely require firing through several small particles and other things in space and on the planet. A capital ship four-thousand years old wouldn't block a shot like that.

And please explain to me how a space station would be able to resist a shot that would destroy an entire planet but can't block the shots of several small Republic cruisers...

Edited by Wild Storm

Couldn't the Star Forge just build it's on Death Star...or at least it's very own super uber Death Star beam, and shoot the Death Star with it?

rly good point. :wacko:

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Moving to the correct forum.

I was hoping for lockdown :wub:

I say: Deathstar

Oh, and I am not going to explain why. Starforge voters were utterly pwned in the past with arguments that holds still. No reason to write them again

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Starforge. For reasons I am sure I mentioned in another thread similiar to this.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Reasons that were utterly pwned in there :wub:

Thread pruned a bit. Since past threads are locked, I see no harm in trying out a new thread for new members to voice their opinions. If you don't with to participate, that's cool...just remember not everyone was around for the old topic runs.

If anyone is interested in past opinions, one of the older closed threads is here.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

lmfao. Wow the star forge has all these votes. Fan boys!! The death star would fire once and bam it's all over. All what guns are gonig to destroy the death star. All these people thinking that a mass fleet on capital ships can blow up the death star think twice. Unless you have another super laster cannon than your not going to take out the deathstar unless you destroy it's core. Not to mention the second version of the death star would of had a virtually impenitrible shield once completed. Also take into considertion that a over 17 km super star destroyer fell on top it and caused no damage!!!!!!!!! You think a few lasers are going to take out the death star. Wow.

EDIT: Oh and not to mention the death star has like 40 THOUSAND tubro laser cannons mounted all over the structure and a mass load of tie fighters. All this is not a concern though since ONE HIT AND IT'S ALL OVER. You can't possibley argue with that. The power to turn a planet to ash would DOMINATE the star forge.

Edited by OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)
Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

lmfao. Wow the star forge has all these votes. Fan boys!! The death star would fire once and bam it's all over. All what guns are gonig to destroy the death star. All these people thinking that a mass fleet on capital ships can blow up the death star think twice. Unless you have another super laster cannon than your not going to take out the deathstar unless you destroy it's core. Not to mention the second version of the death star would of had a virtually impenitrible shield once completed. Also take into considertion that a over 17 km super star destroyer fell on top it and caused no damage!!!!!!!!! You think a few lasers are going to take out the death star. Wow.

EDIT: Oh and not to mention the death star has like 40 THOUSAND tubro laser cannons mounted all over the structure and a mass load of tie fighters.  All this is not a concern though since ONE HIT AND IT'S ALL OVER. You can't possibley argue with that. The power to turn a planet to ash would DOMINATE the star forge.

Pot meet kettle...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Wouldn't the Star Forge just build a gajillion fighters, and destroy the Death Star via fighters like it always seems to be destroyed?

It didn't really look like the Executor crashing into it caused no damage, especially seeing as it seemed to make the whole station shake.

As for it's impregnable shield.....that was on a planet. I'm pretty sure there'd be no planets with shield generators on it near the Star Forge when the Death Star finally came into firing range.

Assuming it could get past the huge amount of fighters attacking it to get close enough.

Edited by alanschu