Star Forge or Death Star  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Star Forge or Death Star

• Starforge is more powerful
    • Death Star is more powerful
    • They are equal

:ermm:

In that old topic, I was first one of the Star Forge FTW guys :o

Just glad that I saw light later on the topic :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

How could the Death Star win, when it's weakness is fighters which the Star Forge can make bazillions with, and it could take it out before the Death Star ever got into firing distance?

The first Death Star was taken out by like 20 fighters alone!

The second one required a fleet, but that's more to offset the battle fleet that happened to be in the area as well. It was still a fighter (actually a FREIGHTER) that took it down.

Is the Star Forge that big to be able to just manufacture a fully operational battle station of that size? Plans aside. And they don't really ever explain how things are buit in this Starforge. Billions of knomes powered by your hopes and dreams? If it is just a regualr factory, then how could it just pop out a Death Star? A fully assembled Death Star. Alan's got it though, with the tiny fighters.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

But those capital ships are a small fraction of the size of a Death star.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

But Death Stars are bigger.

But it does matter if the Star Forges main area, the ball part, is close to the same size as a Death Star.

Indeed. Thing that is created by SF, must first fit inside it :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The Star Forge is big, it looms over a dwarf white star.  :)

No it doesn't...

I literally just watched the cut scene to see if I was mistaken, and no, it doesn't loom over it. It's tiny next to the star. Compared to the capital ships that you see around it, I'd say it's roughly the same size as the Death Star.

How could the Death Star win, when it's weakness is fighters which the Star Forge can make bazillions with, and it could take it out before the Death Star ever got into firing distance?

The second one required a fleet, but that's more to offset the battle fleet that happened to be in the area as well.  It was still a fighter (actually a FREIGHTER) that took it down.

The only reason why the Death Star was taken out by some fighters was (a)Stolen plans and (b)Crappy leadership from Tarkin.

Edited by Wild Storm

The second one required a fleet, but that's more to offset the battle fleet that happened to be in the area as well.  It was still a fighter (actually a FREIGHTER) that took it down.

The only reason why the Death Star was taken out by some fighters was (a)Stolen plans and (b)Crappy leadership from Tarkin.

So? It's weakness is clearly still fighters, and we know its weakness, so we might as well exploit it.

It was taken out by fighters the second time as well.

So? It's weakness is clearly still fighters, and we know its weakness, so we might as well exploit it.

It was taken out by fighters the second time as well.

Both times plans and information were stolen regarding it's weakness. We're talking about what if they just happen to engage in battle. Not some all out war. The Star Forge had no real weakspots. Just blow up the command tower and your done. Hell, the Republic Fleet was able to destroy the Star Forge. Why shouldn't a couple of new Star Destroyers and couple thousand TIE Fighters do the same? And it was not because of Bastila's Battle Meditation since the same result happens when you kill her. And if the Star Forge can use Bastila's Battle Meditation, then so can the Death Star in the form of Palpatine and Palpatine is a hell of a lot stronger then her.

Ok those star ships were around 500 meters in length and the death star one is like WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY larger than that. Also how are they just going to know the deaths star weakness aside from bastilla which doesn't count because if you can just add any force users you want in the platform than you could do the same for the death star. The subject is NOT bastilla and her battle meditation along with the star forge vs the death star. It's the star force vs the death star. Also none of those fighters are armed with torpedoes and the chance of beings able to fire a torpedoe in such a small whole is SOOOOOOOOO rare it's insane. Luke managed to do it ONLY because the force. So with that said the fighters don't have missles to do the job and even if they were armed with them the would not be able to fire in such a small hole. Not to mention all the other tie fighters and thousands of mounted turbo lasers on the death star. Also lucas even admited to original series was limited and he couldn't show everything visually he wanted. If he were to remake the film I bet he would have thousands of reble fighters attacking the death star. In any case the star forge will have like mabey 5 minutes to react. Death star comes out of hyper space and charges the cannon and than BAM IT'S ALL OVER AND IT CAN'T BE ARGUED AGAINST.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

One man fighters destroyed the Death Star.

Twice.

While fending off TIE Fighters the whole time.

The first time, the pilot was the son of the Chosen One. The second time, Palpatine had just been thrown into a giant reactor and so his meddling in the battle had worn off and the backlash had an effect over the entire Navy and as such, they basically lost the drive to continue the fight.

"

Edited by Wild Storm

By sheer law of averages, if you get a massive amount of enemy fighters, one of them is going to fire a torpedo into a ventilation port hole. You wouldn't need a chosen one.

As for that Thrawn quote, wasn't the Executor destroyed while the Emperor was still alive? Weren't the Imperial Forces on Endor already defeated before the Emperor died? Wasn't the Millenium Falcon already on its way to the core before the emperor died? Certainly it was already at the surface of the Death Star.

Been a while since I had seen ROTJ, but I seem to recall the Rebels turning the tide of the battle before Palpatine was sent down to his death.

By sheer law of averages, if you get a massive amount of enemy fighters, one of them is going to fire a torpedo into a ventilation port hole. You wouldn't need a chosen one.

As for that Thrawn quote, wasn't the Executor destroyed while the Emperor was still alive? Weren't the Imperial Forces on Endor already defeated before the Emperor died? Wasn't the Millenium Falcon already on its way to the core before the emperor died? Certainly it was already at the surface of the Death Star.

Been a while since I had seen ROTJ, but I seem to recall the Rebels turning the tide of the battle before Palpatine was sent down to his death.

During this time his attention was diverted from the battle since he was more concerned with frying Luke. And it's pretty difficult to just so happen to launch a torpedo into a tube 2 meters wide on a surface the size of a moon. Plus, the fighters that the Star Forge produces don't even have proton torpedo launchers.

Let's just say it takes 14 minutes for the Death Star to drop out of hyperspace and rotate it's superlaser, do you really think that it'd take the Star Forge less then fourteen minutes to destroy the Death Star?

Edited by Wild Storm

During this time his attention was diverted from the battle since he was more concerned with frying Luke.

I'm pretty sure large parts of it happened when he was sitting on his throne cackling. The horribly outnumbered Rebel forces seemed to be doing fine once they neutralized the Death Star superlaser (by engaging the Imperial Fleet). And Palpatine certainly wasn't electrocuting Luke when the shield generator was destroyed on Endor.

If you're going to start including things such as Palpatine's presence, you might as well include the Rakatan planet with the interdictor that caused ships to lose power and crash. Good luck shooting your superlaser when your space station isn't even operating properly.

Heck, if all it took was losing Palpatine's presence to cause the Death Star to fall, I'm not sure how it would stand a chance if he wasn't on it.

And it's pretty difficult to just so happen to launch a torpedo into a tube 2 meters wide on a surface the size of a moon.

Not when you have assloads of fighters. Heck, a dip**** extra almost did it with a tiny squadron of fighters in A New Hope.

Plus, the fighters that the Star Forge produces don't even have proton torpedo launchers.

This argument actually makes sense. I guess this only leaves Death Star II vulnerable.

Let's just say it takes 14 minutes for the Death Star to drop out of hyperspace and rotate it's superlaser, do you really think that it'd take the Star Forge less then fourteen minutes to destroy the Death Star?

When you have virtually infinite production capabilities, yes.

Seems as though they'd only need to make one change, and that's to add a torpedo launcher onto the fighter.

If you're going to start including things such as Palpatine's presence, you might as well include the Rakatan planet with the interdictor that caused ships to lose power and crash. Good luck shooting your superlaser when your space station isn't even operating properly.

Heck, if all it took was losing Palpatine's presence to cause the Death Star to fall, I'm not sure how it would stand a chance if he wasn't on it.

I'm not. I'm just showing you that the Death Star wasn't destroyed just because of a few fighters.

Not when you have assloads of fighters. Heck, a dip**** extra almost did it with a tiny squadron of fighters in A New Hope.

And please explain how would the pilots of these fighters would know about the exhaust port in the first place...? Or how they would need to shoot it...

When you have virtually infinite production capabilities, yes.

Seems as though they'd only need to make one change, and that's to add a torpedo launcher onto the fighter.

Then explain how a small Republic Fleet was able to hold out aganist their "infinite production capibilities" for clearly more then 14 minutes.

Then I guess we can also add torpedo launcher onto TIE Fighters, right?