Did Obsidian slip up?

I am never 100% certain on anything because something can happen at any moment that can cause a change in the current situation.  Suffice it to say, I am 90% certain that the next game Obsidian released is not a Bioware hand me down.

What would be the change a totally original IP "suddenly" *TURNS* into a sequel to another game? :)

Scratching is way more logical than a transformation like that...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Bloodlines is the name of the game.  Like KOTOR.  Masquerade and Requiem are the settings.  Some dudes can probably fill us in better.

Correct. World of Darkness is dead-dead. No more releases ever. WW made a big deal about sticking to their original vision that the apocalypse/gehenna was nearing and ended the Masquerade/Apocalypse/Ascension product lines.

Requiem and other current WW products are seemingly available.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

Isn't PNJ based on an existing IP though? :ermm:

I believe they did say that, yes.

So it's within the realms of possibility that PNJ's not the first game to come from that IP. If the first game was a long time ago, or a different genre, or unsuccessful, they might want to produce another game while signalling clearly that it wasn't a sequel to the first.

Only time and/or Obsidian can tell for sure. :huh:

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Bloodlines is the name of the game.  Like KOTOR.  Masquerade and Requiem are the settings.  Some dudes can probably fill us in better.

Correct. World of Darkness is dead-dead. No more releases ever. WW made a big deal about sticking to their original vision that the apocalypse/gehenna was nearing and ended the Masquerade/Apocalypse/Ascension product lines.

requiem is no longer about "I'm a monster but I don't want to be"

It's I'm an immortal redeeming my self.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Requiem is D20 vampire <_<

Maybe not litterally... but they're definately trying to go the same route WotC did.

Major disappointment.

Though it's always possible they'll redeem themselves in my eyes with Changeling.

Sounds vaguely familiar.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Requiem is D20 vampire <_<

Maybe not litterally... but they're definately trying to go the same route WotC did.

Major disappointment.

Though it's always possible they'll redeem themselves in my eyes with Changeling.

How is it D20 Vampire? Because they have one rule-book that all the settings use as a base? That, to me, is a vast improvement. Doing any sort of cross-setting campaign was a nightmare with the old rules.

I think the new rules are a big improvement over the old ones. At first glance I didn't but after having played with them a bit, I've come around to them. The only thing I think is a bit worse is the removal of the freebie point system at character creation, but it's fairly minor (mostly it's annoying when 7 points in backgrounds aren't enough for the history you want your character to have).

On another note, the new setting is still called World of Darkness. It's just a new WoD, the other one ended. And afaik it was the old one WW no longer wanted to support, which is what caused problems for Bloodlines (Activision wanted to axe it, but Troika convinced them to let them finish it but with a shorter deadline, something like that).

Versitily and streamlining of rules make it easier for new players to get into the game and allow greater flexibility for the game master to use cross reference material. A Spider said it was a nightmare trying to get Werewolf stuff to mesh with Mage stuff and to work with Vampire stuff smoothly. Now it can be.

How is it D20 Vampire? Because they have one rule-book that all the settings use as a base? That, to me, is a vast improvement. Doing any sort of cross-setting campaign was a nightmare with the old rules.

I think the new rules are a big improvement over the old ones. At first glance I didn't but after having played with them a bit, I've come around to them. The only thing I think is a bit worse is the removal of the freebie point system at character creation, but it's fairly minor (mostly it's annoying when 7 points in backgrounds aren't enough for the history you want your character to have).

On another note, the new setting is still called World of Darkness. It's just a new WoD, the other one ended. And afaik it was the old one WW no longer wanted to support, which is what caused problems for Bloodlines (Activision wanted to axe it, but Troika convinced them to let them finish it but with a shorter deadline, something like that).

You make a character, you add a template, and another, yadda yadda yadda...

Bleak and generic :wacko: Just like a D20 product.

Requiem has no soul, Forsaken is lame, and Awakening is just plain akward :wacko:

dunno about promethian, and I still have hope for changeling.

Obsidian has existed for what? Nearly 4 years? They've made 2 games both of which are sequels to BIO games. Of course, people are gonna think that. Don't blame the fans, blame Obsidian.

Not that Obsidian is gonna cry about it, anyways. Those sequels have sold million + copies (KOTOR2), or will sell million + copies (NWN2).

I think Obsidian's been very lucky to inherit two of Bio's games. Even though some of its devs came from BIS, Obsidian was a new name in the buisness, and it is often hard to get into the dough as a startup company.

I'm just saying, Obsidian is probably grateful to Bioware for these first two "hand-me-downs".