Did Obsidian slip up?

I recieve an e-mail from Creative Heads that sends you job postings from hundreds of devs and publishers (Sony, Nintendo, BioWare, Blizzard, Midway, Day 1 Studios, etc). And while cruising all of the listings I saw that Obsidian Entertainment was looking for a Systems Designer (PS3, XB360, PC) for "an upcoming console action RPG". Since the only things that Obsidian has EVER annouced is KOTOR II and NWN 2 this is a huge slip up. Could this mean that Obsidian is working on the second instalment of Mass Effect (since it has been said by Ray and Greg themselves that Mass Effect will indeed be a trilogy) or perhaps Jade Empire 2? Maybe it is an original IP from Obsidian? Anyways, we know it will be an action RPG and more than likely be tied to BioWare in some way. Black Isle Studios and BioWare had strong relations in the past, and since Obsidian basically is Black Isle, we can probably safele assume the aforementioned statement. Actually as I am typing this it has accured to me that maybe Obsidian is working on Icewind Dale III? It was sort of action-RPG like.

Anyways, here is hoping for the best from Feargus and team!

Most likely it's 'Project Georgia', a game they're developing for SEGA.

Possibly it's 'Project New Jersey', a game they supposedly signed with a publisher over a year ago, but which seems to be in jeopardy now.

Either way, nothing new here. They're always hiring, according to the main page. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

This could be Project New Jersey that they have in the works, or even the one after that. The common concensus is that it's a Vampire: The Requiem game set in the WhiteWolf setting.

Edited by Atreides

Spreading beauty with my katana.

They also have UE3... what they do with it... unknown...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

They also have UE3... what they do with it... unknown...

They just licensed it to deceive the customers. In truth, they're gonna make Icewind Dale: Brotherhood of Arms for consoles exclusive with a heavily improved BGDA engine, licensed from Herve Cain.

Wait, maybe that's the reason it was canceled? Interplay doesn't have the necessary funding? OMG!!!111

Edited by Morgoth

Possibly it's 'Project New Jersey', a game they supposedly signed with a publisher over a year ago, but which seems to be in jeopardy now.

Project New Jersey is not in jeopardy, the forum was removed until there is a more formal announcement. :)

PNJ is for the latest generation consoles.

No mystery.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Could this mean that Obsidian is working on the second instalment of Mass Effect (since it has been said by Ray and Greg themselves that Mass Effect will indeed be a trilogy) or perhaps Jade Empire 2? Maybe it is an original IP from Obsidian? Anyways, we know it will be an action RPG and more than likely be tied to BioWare in some way.

If I worked for OE I would be irritated by the assumption that they exist purely to make Bioware sequels.

This could be Project New Jersey that they have in the works, or even the one after that.  The common concensus is that it's a Vampire: The Requiem game set in the WhiteWolf setting.

Unlikely, since WW pulled the plug for supporting any future game set in their universe(s).

Info?

I'm not digging that up for you, but the Troika dinosaurs mentioned it that WW wasn't interested in Bloodlines anymore and that there won't be any support/interest for future games set in the WoD.... This might also be the reason why there was no proper marketing for it. You know, and that was somewhere in 2003. It's even a wonder Activision kept the funding up till it's release.

"If I worked for OE I would be irritated by the assumption that they exist purely to make Bioware sequels."

Awww.. You gonna make me cry. Obsidian has existed for what? Nearly 4 years? They've made 2 games both of which are sequels to BIO games. Of course, people are gonna think that. Don't blame the fans, blame Obsidian.

Not that Obsidian is gonna cry about it, anyways. Those sequels have sold million + copies (KOTOR2), or will sell million + copies (NWN2).

Of course, I don't think their next game will be a BIO handsmedown. And, i seriously doubt it's gonna be ME2, or JE2...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.