What does you all think of this?

><FISH'>

This website claims that someone same-sex attractions (aka homosexuality) is able to change. Well, colour me interested! I don't mean to spark another 20-page debate here, but I was just wondering what my favorite community on the web though of this? I might even give it a try :p" Edited by ><FISH'>

Bollocks

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

It's for people who want to be straight. They aren't rounding up the gays and turnin' em or anything like that. If you are gay, and are trying to supress it, then they will help you in becomming not gay.

There's nothing wrong with what they are doing.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Are you trying to or something?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm thinking about it, but I don't want to waste my time if it proves ineffective. This website seems to aimed at men. While I can understand the material on that site, I can't relate to much of it since I'm a bit young and asexual.

I'm actually feeling quite bi-curious lately :D Could be a sign of change...Could just be one of those teenage phases...

I'd support an organization that helps women become bissexuals.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I was attempting to be humourous while at the same time making clear that I think such an idea is silly.

I failed.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yes I know you were making a funny.

EDIT: Speaking of funnies, this place has always been so uptight. Probably the reason I left for a bit (that, and the constant account moderations <_< )

Edited by ><FISH'>

Are you two going to "hook up" now or something?

are you gonna "shut up" or something?

jerk.

DOWN SIMBA!

Honestly? I personally couldn't care if there were homosexuals or there weren't.

the idea sounds like somthing a preacher or a perv came up with. The preacher would do it through pain and pennance, the perv would round up a bunch of loose girls and say "make 'em strait" while filming the entire thing on video for later retail at his own shop...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

DOWN SIMBA!

I'm not Simba! I'm Mufasta! MUUUUFASSSSSTA!

@topic: I sort of don't understand this. How could you be gay, and not "want" to be gay? If you didn't want to like men/women (depending on what sex you are), then you wouldn't. I think this is can only turn ugly.

Not really. Like, they could have these erotic, homosexual urge, but not want to act on them, but secretly do, but they don't want to. So they just supress it, but it's still always there, in the back of my mind. Eating away at me. Every second, of every day.

*sigh* not this again...

Despite popular belief, BEING HOMOSEXUAL IS NOT A CHOICE!. Atleast, not a conscious choice. In fact, most gays grow up hating themselves for it and are forced to accept it as they get older.

Personally, I don't mind being attracted to men. It's fun and sets me apart from most of my friends. My main gripe is that it's a dead end in life. What are the chances that I would meet another man that I would be happy with? Let's not forget that I'm asexual (click sig for more info).

Basically any relationships with men that I might have are already doomed to failure, so I'm trying to take some responsibility now before it gets out of hand.

I say more power to you if this makes you happy but it will take more than faith and consultation to change one's sexual orientation as you probably already know.

If this makes you happy, Fishmonger then go for it but don't let it make you something that you aren't.

Edited by Judge Hades

I say more power to you if this makes you happy but it will take more than faith and consultation to change one's sexual orientation.  Sexual desire is at least partially physiological and it determines who we are attracted to.  How we act on these desires is up to the individual person however.

If this makes you happy, Fishmonger then go for it but don't let it make you something that you aren't.

Techincally, I have no sexual desire. Just attraction. See sig for info.

I would really like to change (for the sake of my future), but one of the biggest set-backs would be that I'm a lazy son of fish. I would need to write a book to tell people how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to even write a few pages of work.

Damnit, procrastination should be made a disorder. I could swear it is <_<

That would probably make for some excellent trolling material. Oh well.

From what I know, there are some studies that point that sexual orientation is defined before birth due to hormonal changes (God forbid using the words imbalance or alteration) during pregnancy. If that is the case, chances are that page is just another scam. There are scientists that claim that homosexuality can be "cured" (reversed? removed? <insert PC word of choice>?), however. It's just not mainstream opinion within the scientific and medical communities. Whether that's because of the dubious quality of those theories or because of their implications, is up for debate.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.