Cutesy is Good

I like cutesy graphics. Cutesy graphics rule. I just finished playing Beyond Good and Evil, which had somewhat cutesy graphics. That was an awesome game. Another awesome game with cutesy graphics was the old classic Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure. Or Little Big Adventure, or whatever it was called on release in your country.

Anyway, the obvious conclusion of this bit of musing from me is that Delaware would benefit from having nice cutesy graphics. So far the only RPGs that have had pleasing cutesy graphics (that I know of) have been either crappy games, or Japanese RPGs. (which, as it happens, are crap.) So, put some nice cutesy graphics into Delaware. I want my cute little hero to wail on cute enemies and collect cute loot.

Unfortunately, I think that most publishers consider anything approaching a "cutesy" visual style to be a liability in today's market. Consider, for example, the backlash that Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker incurred for using cel-shading or the commercial failure that Beyond Good and Evil seems to have been. As a result, the market is saturated with games that completely lack a sense of style, which is, in my opinion, much worse than having outdated or non-cutting edge graphics.

By the way, I find World of Warcraft's visual style to be quite nice and I salute Blizzard for putting a pleasant spin on something that could have potentially just been boring canned fantasy, like Everquest 2 and so many similar games.

Cutsey graphics... Is this really the level that threads have been brought to here?

Just no realistic blood and gore so it doesnt get and M rating. Thats slightly annoying, as fewer people get to enjoy a game like that.

Why not just make a game thats all anime while youre at it...

I want my cute little hero to wail on cute enemies and collect cute loot.

*cute light backround music*

Cute hero walks the road. He can see almost endless fields of cute flowers in every colours of rainbow. The sky is bright blue and grass is bright green as cutest little monster with big innocent eyes attacks hero. Monster runs towards hero with its little legs and makes cute "twirrt twirt" sounds. Hero takes his cute sword and removes monsters cute head from its cute body. Monster starts to run aimlessly and beautiful bright red blood fountain comes from its neck while the head makes confused "twirrt twirrt" sounds.

It could work... :p

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I want my cute little hero to wail on cute enemies and collect cute loot.

*cute light backround music*

Cute hero walks the road. He can see almost endless fields of cute flowers in every colours of rainbow. The sky is bright blue and grass is bright green as cutest little monster with big innocent eyes attacks hero. Monster runs towards hero with its little legs and makes cute "twirrt twirt" sounds. Hero takes his cute sword and removes monsters cute head from its cute body. Monster starts to run aimlessly and beautiful bright red blood fountain comes from its neck while the head makes confused "twirrt twirrt" sounds.

It could work... :)

My suggestion is that you guys start watching Happy Tree Friends cartoons. They're cute, they're GORY and damn hilarious if you have ever wanted to see cute pokemon like creatures get squashed. :o

I'm kinda bored of the whole survival horror thing, so unless RE 4 is at Blockbuster then not that interested.

I will be playing Forbiden Siren over the weekend (time permiting).

Whether a game is cutesy or not , dosnt really matter. FF:CC is kinda cutesy but its still a damm fine game. Beyond Good and evil was ok , rather short and lacking replayability. More of a combination of concepts rather than an original game.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

RE is not doing too good since RE1, they are pretty much doing the same thing over and over again.

Dificult to get scared at seeing yet another T-virus mutation.

Thats what happens when milking something dry ...

/Leaving as requested. ;)

drakron.png