lightside to darkside

Ok something really weard hapened to me.When I gain lightside points my party members gain darkside points,i have to keep neutral if i want them to be lightside.How can i fix this?
when you have low influence on some party member, regardless of your alignment he'll be on the other side.

Ok something really weard hapened to me.When I gain lightside points my party members gain darkside points,i have to keep neutral if i want them to be lightside.How can i fix this?
when you have low influence on some party member, regardless of your alignment he'll be on the other side.

Exactly. If you have alot of LS alignment, but poor influence with your party member, they stray to the DS, and vice-versa.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

My friend told me it's..because you have a high charisma too...if you have a high charisma...and you gain lightside points...well your companions go to the darkside...well it's what my friend told me anyway

Edited by Darth Keyan

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

My friend told me it's..because you have a high charisma too...if you have a high charisma...and you gain lightside points...well your companions go to the darkside...well it's what my friend told me anyway

I don't think your friend is right. I have heard of charisma having an effect on companions' alignment shifts, but I don't remember ever noticing it in the game. As others have already pointed out, if you gain influence with companions from the time you meet them, their alignment will get closer to your own. If you lose influence, their alignment will shift to the opposite of yours. Some characters start out either lightside or darkside, so you may never drag them fully in the opposite direction, but you will have an effect. :ermm:

Curiously, having very high influence and having very low influence open up the same options with companions. Obsidian had a (rather unconvincing) explanation for this, but I don't remember it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Am not quite sure about how you had lightside alignment while other characters would go further down DS path. However, it is possible for characters like Visas and Mandalore to continually gain DS points. If your character is a Jedi Master, you will find that it will tend to amplify alignment differences between your LS alignment and DS alignment of other characters. Simply speaking to them and gaining influence with characters once could easily raise their alignment level to LS mastery. Tried it with Visas with just an influence increase with her and she almost had it at mastery. Difference between one influence gain and none is quite substantial.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

But me i know it already..that you need to gain a lot of influence...and Atton is the most easiest companion to gain influence

My friend really don't know what he talking about

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

Suppose so. Tend to think that what was mentioned is probably likely for those playing a DS character, wherer some characters with LS alignment like Bao-Dur would experience increases with LS alignment whenever DS Exile further moves towards darkside. No wonder it sounded a bit convoluted initially.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

• 2 months later...

It is also just as possible to achieve dark side mastery towards middle of game and reverse alignment in opposite direction upwards in getting light side mastery as well. Makes for another interesting way of conceptualising PC. And for vice-versa, light side to dark side would be seen as falling.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧