Innevitabley Sith?

-snap-

Get the DS stuff... but it makes no sense that a DS person who sided with Talia to not have the option to cut down Kavar and live with the consequences of that. Can't make a choice if I am not allowed to make said choice, can I?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well that depends on whether freedom of choice truly exists. It doesn't. Should not caring for the republic be darkside or not? No. It depends on the players own mind set ,their reasons for there actions ,and how they fit them into the plot...or something like that.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

-snap-

Get the DS stuff... but it makes no sense that a DS person who sided with Talia to not have the option to cut down Kavar and live with the consequences of that. Can't make a choice if I am not allowed to make said choice, can I?

My response was following along the example given by the original poster. Obviously there's instances where the choices could have been more fleshed out, but in his case it makes sense.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

While game does have much flexibility with dialogue choices for character, one cannot help but find it hard to consider how killing can be justified for LS. Don't know, though. Unless finality can be refuted as a consequence of such acts with an alternative eventuation of something else assuming action of a similar magnitude is committed.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

While game does have much flexibility with dialogue choices for character, one cannot help but find it hard to consider how killing can be justified for LS. Don't know, though. Unless finality can be refuted as a consequence of such acts with an alternative eventuation of something else assuming action of a similar magnitude is committed.

"Unless finality can be refuted as a consequence of such acts with an alternative eventuation of something else assuming action of a similar magnitude is committed."

>_< I had to type that out so I could understand it. Finality meaning end result. Refuted means discredited. :very confused:

I understand "alternative eventuation" to mean different result.....

Do you mean.

Unless final outcome cannot be refuted as a consequence of such acts ,with an alternative eventuality. Assuming an action of a similar magnitude is committed.

Well, basically, to sum it up, whether another choice can be made where killing is not always involved for LS as a first option? I suppose killing as a first option sounds more like DS. For LS, killing would be a last resort if other means of conflict negotiating is shown to be futile in some situations.

Point is, whether siding with say Kavar or against him, challenge is making killing as last options for LS. Has to be some commonality between being LS and siding with Queen or with Vaklu. Otherwise, hard to imagine LS as being what it is originally.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Ya, when I got to Onderon the first time I was cluless about what side to be on until I talked to the Twelink and the Devorain. I know that it was a matter of protecting the Republic but there was a demonstation about how bad the Republic was.

But the conversation with the Tewlink and the Devorain was full of "I know General Vaclu lies and does things that seem crazy and to our demise but he is the "Great" Vaklu and who are we to question him". That was not an exacte paraphase but it is close enough. Needless to say I thought his argument was a little weak and handled my confusion.

This part contains a spoiler!!!!

When I got to Dantooine the first time as light side and the Masters did the "We can't alow you to leave with your connection to the force". I was so @$&$# I wanted to @*@ them up. I played the next game as dark side and and made there ends as painfull as possible. Those comments about them being responsible for what their studnts did became so clear to me.

Edited by James Dunn

"Unless finality can be refuted as a consequence of such acts with an alternative eventuation of something else assuming action of a similar magnitude is committed."

:( I had to type that out so I could understand it. Finality meaning end result. Refuted means discredited. :very confused:

I understand "alternative eventuation" to mean different result.....

Do you mean.

Unless final outcome cannot be refuted as a consequence of such acts ,with an alternative eventuality. Assuming an action of a similar magnitude is committed.

I think what you mean to say is: You get what you create. If you create a world of insanity and evil, be prepared to have to live in it.

Vaxen,

:) Thank you for clarifying ,so many big words made head hurt. Yes I agree. Though it is possible to side with Vaklu without killing the Captains ,it is difficult to find a reason to kill Kavar beyond simple revenge ,and lust for power.

Also like Dunn said ,you have to accept the consequence for each action ,so a little forethought is needed. Though I don't think evil truly exists.

I think the council getting force lobotomized by Kriea was justified. The council would not listen to reason so Kriea's action could be interpreted as a last resort.

Vaxen,

:) Thank you for clarifying ,so many big words made head hurt. Yes I agree. Though it is possible to side with Vaklu without killing the Captains ,it is difficult to find a reason to kill Kavar beyond simple revenge ,and lust for power.

Also like Dunn said ,you have to accept the consequence for each action ,so a little forethought is needed. Though I don't think evil truly exists.

I think the council getting force lobotomized by Kriea was justified. The council would not listen to reason so Kriea's action could be interpreted as a last resort.

Wow, i thought this thread had died out.....yay! My first 3 pager! lol :)

We could think of it as extent of journey to which we are willing to traverse in terms of distance. Imagination I suppose could always go further. Am just hoping that this sort of convolutedness is not manifested in games like NWN2 again, though. Am glad if any suggestions have helped at all so far.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

• 1 month later...