What was your favourite "Upgrade" to Gameplay?

Feel free to post what you hated as an "upgrade" too.

Personally, my favourite upgrade to gameplay from KotORI to KotOR II TSL was:

*ding-ding-ding* The ability for your party to follow you and understand who they were following....

KotOR II: Exile and his Merry Men: *Yay we made it*

KotOR I:

Revan: Bastilla, you gotta cut back on those doughnuts, hurry your fat ass up!"

*10 mins later*

Bastilla: Hey you left me back there! WtF?

Revan:Wtf took you so long?

Bastilla: Finishing my Juuma Juice what else?

*player attempts to enter the next area* "Please gather your party"

Revan:... Wtf

Revan: Carth, can you not stare at the twilek holograms all day long?

*takes control of carth and runs him half way to the exit*

Revan as Carth:Hooray finally i can get out of here" *selects Revan*

*Revan and Bastilla proceed to run to Carth's former position, watching the Twilek Hologram*

Revan:Oh son of a...

:p One of those things I didn't notice in K2 because it wasn't there. :)

I like how if running and equip two blasters the PC does a stylish twirl with them. :D

Also the implants aren't a Feat. In K1 if your a Scout you have to remove them before a Jedi Level Up or you don't get said Jedi Level Up you get a Scout Level. <_< Which is just ,stupid.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Implants not as feat, and "H"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

tough one, mmm i think my most appreciated was the all new usefulness of skills and skill-related feats in dialogs and at the workbench. i was going to say the foes'difficulty is my most hated but to be fair i have to say that playing Kotor again i'm just as fast at killing as i am playing TSL so i guess it's just a matter of experience. my most hated has to be the new AI, if you put actions in the queue they're not supposed to be ignored as soon as you switch party leader.

Influence - I know some didn't like how it was implemented, and I, to a degree, would like to see it tweaked, but I thought it added an interesting twist to party interaction.

Skills - They actually did stuff this time.

Probably more, but I haven't played it in about a year, so I'm foggy on the features.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, for starters, my Exile wasn't the only person doing the killing and I could revive my NPCs. There was also the no level cap thingy and all the robes and armor, artifacts, etc..Usually in KOTOR, all of the NPCs would die and I couldn't revive until I killed all my enemies.

:huh:

Erm... minus Atton, when your party member went down, he went down until fight ended

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Well, for starters, my Exile wasn't the only person doing the killing and I could revive my NPCs. There was also the no level cap thingy and all the robes and armor, artifacts, etc..Usually in KOTOR, all of the NPCs would die and I couldn't revive until I killed all my enemies.

:rolleyes:

Erm... minus Atton, when your party member went down, he went down until fight ended

A little power i like to call Master Revitalize. Thought a lightsider like you would know about that power.

Requirement for Force Persuade to be at Dominate Mind level. Quite a few situations where aliens/people could be force persuaded in K1 were fairly mundane. At least in second game, those conversation lines for Force persuade situaitons did not just evoke consequential responses from party characters, but also made targets of such force powers variably flexible with their lines, like those of an Onderon soldier. Comical in some sense of word, also.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Geez, can't you stop using those spoiler tags IN SPOILER FORUM <_<

:p

A little power i like to call Master Revitalize. Thought a lightsider like you would know about that power.

:o

Geez, why I never selected this force power, damnit! Well, propably because I did not read description of this power. :wub:

Well, I'll give it a try when I start to play Kotor 2 again. Aka when TSLRP comes out

Breath control doesn't work in the places it should ie Onderon Palace ,and the blue bubble is rather annoying...But you don't need it in the Jekjek tar.

Learning Beast and Breath Control increases force connection which is good.

They should have fixed how followers use Whirl-Wind instead of Wave.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

What I liked in K1 which wasnt in K2 was the party members having random interaction convo's in during the game. For example Carth and Canderous, Carth and Mission, Bastila and Carth ect... I liked those. I also liked how party members involved themselves within some conversations

On the ship they did at least. One thing was that none of them trusted each other. Handmaiden didn't trust anyone but you, not even the droids. Atton and Bao-Dur seemed a bit indifferent to each other. Visas KIND OF tried to mesh, but none of them trusted a Sith. Kreia was only there for you and sought the manipulate the others. HK was only there so he could get revenge on the HK-50 models simply for existing. T3 was very secretive and kept to himself to never reveal anything about Revan. G0-T0 was just there to make sure you didn't screw anything up. Mandalore had no reason to follow you.. and you see how he dislikes the entire crew. I could probably go on about EACH other their quarrels with each other, but it kind of makes sense that they avoid contact outside of the ship. The goal is to fight YOUR enemies, not each other ya know.

Things I loved (Besides Bao-Dur :D ):

Weapon Switching: This is so nice, because I like to de-equip my weapons when I'm in a city, or before I talk to my companions, but hated to have to go into the menu and de-equip everything only to re-equip it five minutes later. Now I can just click a button and it does it for me. :thumbsup:

The Sith Lords : I mean this is before the "Only two, master and apprentice rule" and it was nice to see that Obsidian figured this out. Rather than just having one ruling Sith Lord we now have three. And depending on who you believe is Darth Traya one of them doesn't even know it. ;)

Ranged Combat Feats: Makes your ranged fighters actually more useful. And make Atton an unstoppable killing machine once you Jedify him.

Stealth Run: Makes sneaking around so much more fun. Especially when you have Mind Trick. :-"

Atris' Fall: I totally loved how Atris fell to the DS. She destroyed herself. And I loved the subtly of that.

Shades of Grey: K2 goes out of it's way to prove that the Jedi, the Sith and the Force are not just black and white, but have many shades of grey.

Things I hated (besides Go-To ):

Where the heck are my implant feats!?!: Putting so much into Constitution on such an easy game is a complete and total waste of attribute points if you ask me.

Don't you regret it at all?: Nicky Katt's voice acting of Atton. The guy can do sarcasm and wit very well, but when it comes to being serious I found his performance completely lacking. Especially if we're supposed to feel sympathy for Atton. Or believe that he regrets the events of the past.

Things I'm neutral about:

Handmaiden: I find her childish and annoying (on a certain level), but I don't hate her and I don't love her either. Frankly, my male Exile talked to her, was nice to her, would have been fine with it if she had never boarded his ship and was more interested in pursuing a relationship with "the blinded one".

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords