Malak fight as envisioned by Bioware

Could you imagine making a movie of the Revan/Malak fight at the Star Forge without scrapping the whole draining Jedi concept? For a Star Wars boss fight I thought it wasn't very well conceived. Who would stop in the middle of an intense life and death saber fight to recover some health from half dead Jedi without getting torn to ribbons?

It was enormously cheezy and obvious that Bioware didn't take the cinematic aesthetic into account when they decided to stick with this concept. Kreia's three lightsaber were also a bit poorly done, but I think that had to do with the turn based system. A realtime system would have made them an incredible defensive wall and a powerful offensive technique.

No I couldnt imagine that.

And anways it would be too easy just kicking his ass then thats it, they needed something like that. First time I started to acctually kick his ass, I'm just like Meh, teh easyzor but then he had to turn the tides by some good old cheating, KotOR style. Unless Malak had some extremely fat health bar how else could you remove the whole cowering to some pathetic lifeless jedi for some health?

For the Malak battle - in a movie - the best thing they'd be able to do for movies is to have them talk while fighting at the same time, and then Malak to get a very small opening, (like kicking Revan away or something), and drain a Jedi. Obviously, in a movie, doing this nine times would be stupid, so then Revan would either have to kill him or destroy the other eight chambers with a force power.

As for Kreia's 3 lightsabers technique - in a movie, some/many fans would probably see it as the new epitomy of cool. The main problem with it in K2 was that while controlling them, Kreia gave no reactions, (due to the turn-based system most likely). So in a movie, there would have to be visible reactions in order to be able to control 3 lightsabers at once.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Who cares?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Kotor 1's 'cinematic' approach to dialogue and the game as a whole has been quite influential, hasn't it? I'm sure it wasn't the first game to do this, but you can see the influences in Oblivion, and probably in NWN2 as well. The whole subject of whether games are finally becoming interactive movies, and the ramifications of that, are pretty interesting. How do you apply cinematic techniques so that the final product feels like a movie but still plays like a great game?

Many games disappoint at the end, because they've been building to a climax for thirty hours rather than one-and-a-half, and perhaps because developers don't invest as much in a good ending as they should. I find the tendency to cut out plot and NPC interaction and just throw wave after wave of monsters at you is boring, and final boss battles often equally so.

The problem with the Malak scene is perhaps that he had to pause to drain the Jedi, which isn't very realistic, but that just sounds like a game engine thing, turns and so on as well. Again, perhaps they could have cleaned it up a bit, but I can't say I ever was really bothered by it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)