Influencing NPCs

I don't seem to be able to influence either Kreia or Atton. In fact, I somehow managed to LOOSE influence with Kreia a couple of times and couldn't seem to find any way to avoid it, no matter what dialogue choice I made.

Can anyone give me a hint as to how to influence these two characters? Atton in particular doesn't seem to be influenced one way or another, not matter what course of action I take or what I say. The only dialogue choices I get are related to Pazaak. And I've beaten him a few times, but that seems to have no influence on him.

I don't seem to be able to influence either Kreia or Atton.  In fact, I somehow managed to LOOSE influence with Kreia a couple of times and couldn't seem to find any way to avoid it, no matter what dialogue choice I made.

Can anyone give me a hint as to how to influence these two characters?  Atton in particular doesn't seem to be influenced one way or another, not matter what course of action I take or what I say. The only dialogue choices I get are related to Pazaak.  And I've beaten him a few times, but that seems to have no influence on him.

With kreia it is hard to gain influence with her because she wants you to be more grey side. She is your teacher in the game and with almost any teacher no matter what you do you can still disapoint them. Funny however I had more influence with her when I played darkside. With atton idk for sure but I think if you take him with you on your guests and he likes what you do you can gain influence that way.

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

like when you help others, he dosent have to have any dialouge options he just has to be there to see you do things. I think he respones to LS options.

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Actually Atton usually does indicate he likes your actions through dialogue - tho it's true not all his 'stuff' is actually initiated by dialogue. It's just not always obvious, perhaps. Like one early one he'll say stuff like "Well just warn me next time." after you've done something then replied the right way (for influence gain) when he harps on you about it.

Also, if you gain influence the game is supposed to tell you via the GUI - with little noises and flashing red or green +/- signs on the screen - again, not always really obvious if you're busy looking elsewhere. And if you have certain GUI options turned off, they won't show up much either.

Bao-Dur is the hardest to influence because there are no dialogue tree options like w/the others, he has to be in your party during certain events every time. Or at least, I think every time. It's been a while.

Kreia - all I can say is either look at a walkthrough spoiler site, or save before every major conversation with her, so you can reload if you don't get the influence you want. Influencing Kreia, btw, won't make her align with your light/dark self, like w/the others.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Kreia likes cleverness, trick people for your gain by words (not force powers, not violence, lie or persuade, she just loves that.) value her as a teacher, agree with what she says. Atton likes brute force, nice deeds may also inspire him, same goes for Visas. Hanharr, HK-47 and G0-T0 like violence and displays of power, G0-T0 is an accountant he's happy when you exploit a potential income of credits, like selling people into slavery or sabotaging a droid merchant, and he's trying to save the republic so you may show some agreement, and some concern for order and stability. Mira likes good deeds and hates trouble so don't take part in a gainless mob you can avoid, she also likes compliments as much as everyone else so praise her worth as a bounty hunter. Brianna and Mical are naive lightsiders, Brianna may disapprove the use of deception, Mical snaps when you touch him his precious Republic, he's a real patriot. Bao-Dur is a good loyal follower, inspired by good deeds and intent to make up for the past, nurture that intent. treat T3 like a cute baby. Mandalores an old man, many battles behind, memories, plans for the future, honor them all when you speak to him - oh, and butcher some innocent from time to time, he'll appreciate. many of those dialog choices can be open up either having very low or high influence but not all.

Hmmm -- I've already got the Light mastery +3 Wisdom Bonus, which would be hard to give up just for the sake of influenceing a few characters. Still, it seemed awfully wasy to gain Mastery so fast, so I reckon a few ambiguous actions won't hust too much. Atton's firmly on side at this point, I have gained some influence with Kreia, Bao Dur seems to be happy, too.

I have redone sequences without Kreia because she really whacks you for Light Side actions.

yes, she doesn't consider helping others a display of cleverness, not unless you get most of the cake, she hates psychotic behaviour just as much so like with all good masters you have to be careful what you say and do in front of'em or they'll think they're teaching you nothing.

Best tip EVER for making sure you can gain influence with a character: Save... Before EVERYTHING. Anything you do that has possible side effects, e.g Telling two exchange members to fork over their credits and jump off a building... Starting off on a new planet, entering a new area, talking to any party member. etc etc etc.. the list goes on but w/e :) That will guarantee that you can "Find The Way" you're looking for. Experimentation is key.

Edited by chenwong88

Yes ,that way if you do something and get chastised by Kriea you can reload and pretend it didn't happen....try to pretend it didn't happen.

Brilliant script and voice-acting. :)

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Is there any way, on the Xbox version, to see how much influence you have over people? I have a hard time keeping track of it, and alot of times, you'll lose and gain in the same convo, and I never know if I've net gained or lost.

Atton, in the beginning, responds well to: NOT using jedi powers on him (no force persuade!), flattering him, explaining your actions, and killing innocents (on Telos -- it's not a problem, you'll easily make up the points.) If you kill the secretary in the Exchange office on Telos and kill the alien that's getting roughed up by some guards on Telos (in the Entertainment module) you'll get influence from him.

Bao-Dur I'm at a loss for. I have yet to make him a jedi...I can never figure out how to influence him.

I also know a glitch to get lots of influence with Kreia (no modding or anything, it's just part of the game) but I don't know if we're allowed to talk about things like that here, so...

Bao-Dur I'm at a loss for.  I have yet to make him a jedi...I can never figure out how to influence him.

It all depends on having him in your party when certain events occur, as LadyCrimson said. I could try to remember them all for you, but there's an Influence Guide over at gamefaqs that's much more comprehensive than I could be.

I also know a glitch to get lots of influence with Kreia (no modding or anything, it's just part of the game) but I don't know if we're allowed to talk about things like that here, so...

And why not? Not only are you allowed to mention it, but you're actually allowed to criticise Obsidian for letting it into the finished game. :wub:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'd like to know about that glitch. I tried to gain influence with Kreia, but since I'm playing LS it's difficult. Then I discovered that losing enough influence has the same effect, so I've been doing that. But because of the positieve influence I've been able to scrape together before I decided to start losing influence in stead, I don't think I'll be able to make it to <10 before the end of the game. So if you found a glitch that allows me to rake up influence fast, I'd love to hear it!

Edited by Kirilla

I wanted to edit my previous post but I can't. Is there a timelimit on editing?

Anyways, what I wanted to add was:

I googled and found the glitch, it has to do with repeating the "I thought about the destruction of Visas' homeworld" and "Visas did something to my eyes" dialogues. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me.

So it's possible to turn Bao Dur into a Jedi?

I suspected that if you did things in a certain order you cold turn Mira into a Jedi because she is an Adept, but Bao Dur never showed a glimmer. Atton and the Disciple were pretty obvious right from the start -- and I started increasing their Wisdom stats right away.

Now the one party member I'd love to see turned into a Jedi is "Candalore."

Or little T3. Now that's a noble character.

Heh heh. Or HK. Evil Sith Lord., clanking along with his lightsabre swinging.

You can't turn any of the droids into a Jedi, but it will work with any of the humans. The trick is to get either >90 or <10 influence with them. If you have >90 they'll copy your allignment (i.e. Jedi if you're a Jedi), and if you have <10 they'll be the opposite allignment (i.e. Sith if you're a Jedi).

Getting more than 90 with Candy is impossible if you're playing LS, since all the opportunities to gain influence with him are DS. And you don't get enough opportunities to lose influence to take you below 10, so the only way to turn him into a force-user (a Sith in this case) is to play DS (or cheat).

There's an excellent guide to gaining/losing influence here. I'm using that guide and so far every single partymember except Candy (I'm playing LS) is a Jedi.