differences btw male and female

this is not meant to be a deathmatch, he-Exile VS she-Exile, so be fair. do you feel male and female have the same worth? some of the best lines are the Exile's, how much does it change? now male is non-canon so how much is gone with him and how much does she-Exile have to show for?

the love story with handmaden or visas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

the love story with handmaiden or visas
what about it? long-winded are we?

yeah I am lol :rolleyes:

I felt that the love story with the handmaiden or visas was better then with the story of the female exile. The story with the handmaiden in particular, s he has an interesting back story with her mother as a Jedi (which I think is kreia) and her father as an echini warrior. I will admit she does freak me out sometimes though with her views on fighting. Although, that is besides the point, this makes her character more unique in some ways. I feel that with the connotation of the female exile this is lost. Of course some may say the disciple is unique. Hopefully however we will be able to have a male exile in the next game.

Hope you understood that.

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Not having actually gotten very far as a male Exile, my opinion is based on watching hubby play and on info from around the net - but to me it seems they're essentially the same. The only difference is that fans react differently to the NPC's backstories and voice-acting. :)

I could say I prefer Disciple's story and possible future/s as outlined by Kreia, but far as that affects the SWUniverse...I'm not sure it does, since who's to say that if you're female & pick Disciple, that the Handmaiden wouldn't at some point find another person or another way to achieve many of the things she does from meeting the male Exile...or vice versa?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

With Kotor 2, the story and how some of the dialogues were written, hyow some of the characters react to you like Atton, it would seem like this game was made for a female Exile in mind.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

honestly i really thoght male was to be the canon, do you think they had to schedule a sex-change due to some error? i mean is there anything about she-Exile's canonization that sounds like accident or the other way around?

i do find difficult to believe she-Exile was canon from the very start, not that i mind to finally have a canonically female pc, i have a few things bugging me though:

• Atris'love for the Exile would be more of a plausible reason for her fall to the dark side
  • the whole thing about Brianna-Kreia-Kae-Yusanis sounds too big to be a mere alternative
  • same goes for Battle Precognition, Mical's meditation along with his labstation and medpac dealer functionalities are hardly a match
  • the only spoken "i love you" in the whole game (Visas, Ebon Hawk, Kreia's chamber,) the sparring with Brianna and Atris'jealousy are traded with Sion's feelings for she-Exile, nice if creepy idea, a young naive jedi wanna-be who still wet his bed when she left for the war (Brianna isn't any older, but at least you never saw her in diapers,) and a jedi murdering lying jealous whiny "inthenameofloveforanotherwoman" ex-sith troop blackmailed in your service.

The atris love story and jelosy with the exile is something i forgot and adds more to the game as well. GoA how does the handmaden die?

Edited by Revan1127

:)  I can't remember the Handmadian dying... [NecroDOS scratches his head]

If Exile is female, then Handmaiden dies. It's the only logical thing that would happen, given the events that transpire (ie. she won't leave the academy if she's not in the Exile's party).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The atris love story and jelosy with the exile is something i forgot and adds more to the game as well. GoA  how does the handmaden die?

:shifty::( What love story? Oh right the one that isn't there ,because Kriea says Atris loved you as one loves a champion. I think it's the same for both Male and Female Exile.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

:huh:  :( What love story? Oh right the one that isn't there ,because Kriea says Atris loved you as one loves a champion. I think it's the same for both Male and Female Exile.
*sigh* hate to say it's another bug, the dialog has the line for males:

"She loved you, you know. She almost followed you into the Mandalorian Wars, though it would have betrayed everything she believed. But it was not following you was the true betrayal. And that is why she had to be turned, half-circle, to face herself and see what she had become. How does it feel to inspire such love? A love that shatters the spirits of others across the surface of Malachor?"

― Kreia

I don't think it matters much either way. It's pretty much just the romance options that change. Handmaiden beats Disciple hands down, no questions there. Once the TSLRP comes out, there might be more to debate... some of the cut content with Atton could be good. And I definitely look forward to Disciple getting killed.

I wonder how in the hell Kreia contact the Handmaidens in the Female verison of the Story?
you mean at the jedi enclave? she doesn't, they just barge in as Kreia goes with the death announcement, i suppose Atris sent them. Atris didn't show up because she knew something was going to happen.

Plot about how Handmaiden or handmaiden sisters arrested Kreia and brought her to Telos under Atris' instruction was barely explained. It is not as if they had a shuttle waiting for them on Dantooine that would allow them to use instantaneous travel to get back to Telos. Besides, transports in K2 were unlikely to be capable of hyperspace travel. Not explained clearly, it seems.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

:p  :wacko: What love story? Oh right the one that isn't there ,because Kriea says Atris loved you as one loves a champion. I think it's the same for both Male and Female Exile.
*sigh* hate to say it's another bug, the dialog has the line for males:

"She loved you, you know. She almost followed you into the Mandalorian Wars, though it would have betrayed everything she believed. But it was not following you was the true betrayal. And that is why she had to be turned, half-circle, to face herself and see what she had become. How does it feel to inspire such love? A love that shatters the spirits of others across the surface of Malachor?"

― Kreia

I....have not got that dialog* scratches head* No I'm not nitpicking. :p

Nor am I saying Atris's love for the Exile wasn't profound ,as she wanted to follow the Exile to war. Still that doesn't mean it was a romantic ,icky love.

Plot about how Handmaiden or handmaiden sisters arrested Kreia and brought her to Telos under Atris' instruction was barely explained. It is not as if they had a shuttle waiting for them on Dantooine that would allow them to use instantaneous travel to get back to Telos. Besides, transports in K2 were unlikely to be capable of hyperspace travel. Not explained clearly, it seems.

well Handmaidens were not just to serve Atris in the Accademy, she sent Brianna to Dantooine to search the ruins of the enclave so they must have at least one ship, she also sent a handmaiden to Telos to steal the Ebon Hawk.

{Quiet, she already searched the ruins}I'd be surprised if the ruins have any holocrons left. They are rare - and others have no doubt been thorough in searching the ruins.

No I'm not nitpicking. :wub:

Nor am I saying Atris's love for the Exile wasn't profound ,as she wanted to follow the Exile to war. Still that doesn't mean it was a romantic ,icky love.

well it certainly seems they had in mind a love story (dialog lines bear comments that don't show up in-game)

{Slight bitterness, doesn't want to admit she loved the player}The Jedi have no such attachments.

{Gameplay Programmer: Atris begins to use force lightning on the Handmaiden, again and again.}Did you have feelings for him? Did you touch him, did you look upon him with love?

No I'm not nitpicking. :p

well it certainly seems they had in mind a love story (dialog lines bear comments that don't show up in-game)

{Slight bitterness, doesn't want to admit she loved the player}The Jedi have no such attachments.

{Gameplay Programmer: Atris begins to use force lightning on the Handmaiden, again and again.}Did you have feelings for him? Did you touch him, did you look upon him with love?

That is an interesting and valid point ,certainly some misdirected anger. Since she sent her on the mission in the first place.

If Atris did love the Male Exile and that love played a part in her fall. Would she have fallen so far if the Exile was female?

I guess I should state that I don't see why a female Exile was made cannon ,neither do I think a male Exile should have been made cannon. There are many ways to interpret actions and meanings. So one persons interpretation would most likely be different to mine. This is why I don't agree with the concept of cannon ,that said it is important for writers to have something to start from. I think canonizing ( if I can use that term) :lol: Exile's alignment would be an even bigger mine-field ,don't you?

They seem about the same. Atris loved the Exile as a champion. Possibly more if male.... but it doesn't matter, the fact that she had all fo that misdirected righteous fury regardless of gender was enough. So it was basically a flip a coin issue. Though I'm pretty certain they picked female because there are more gripping options with Atton than with Visas or the Handmaiden. Visas' sacrifice was a very evil action and had no feeling with it other than pity that the Exile hardly cared. Even when she's begging him to stay, it was moving, but not as bad as Atton either going nutty DS or him running off or dying for the Exile.