Swoops on KOTOR 2

I finally did alright with the racing in KOTOR 1, but am not having great success in K2.

On the first track, I can get a time of about 43 seconds, but I can never seem to get lower than that, except once, when I haf a time of 42.5 seconds.

Is there a guide to which pads I have to hit?

I recommend practice, have a couple of free rounds before setting your score, get used to the track, try and remember where tough obsticals and speed ramps are and figure your way around the tough spots.

After a couple of rounds you should be able to improve your time, but patients is the key.

Yes, I got it after about 100 tries. Much different from KOTOR 1, but easier in some respects. And more fun, since at least on this first track there was no long, frustrating cutscene after every lost race. It took me a while to work out that you could jump, and had a heck of a time figuring out how to get across that first barrier. :">

Edited by Hagatha

Yeah I must also admit, I haven't actually spent too much time on the tracks... They're, as you said, much more difficult than the KOTOR I tracks and really a waste of credits, unless you're good at them. I'm more of a Pazaak man, myself.

Yeah, heh-heh I didn't do too well on the swoops in KOTOR I or KOTOR II and as Weiser_Cain said there really isn't much a reward if you do manage to win. Unless there is a quest tied to the swoop race... Like the one on KOTOR I, Tatooine...

But yes, I still stand by what I said before - practice, practice, practice.

go really fast and avoid any obstacles :D

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

I dont think obsidian ever even bothered to game test the swoop tracks. The races in KOTOR 1 were barely beatable (to beat the best time you could only miss one warp ramp at the most). Making the races even harder is just plain stupid.

Has anyone on this forum actually beat all the races in KOTOR2?

I havent met a single person who has.