Bastila and Anakin

I'm slowly beginning to wonder if there is any similarity in their personalities... Both think they are "holier than thou" because of a certain trait, whether it's mastering the art of Battle Meditation or being the Chosen One.

Now, I understand that talking bad about Bastila may result in a temporary ban, but upon looking past the looks, she's about as insecure and whiny as Anakin. And like Anakin, once she falls (or rises) to the dark side (though I have to admit, she does make some sense on the rooftop of the Rakatan Temple), she thinks she's "all that and then some", just like Anakin does when he goes to Mustafar.

/discuss

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The most obvious similarity I can find is that both the "Battle Meditation" force power, and being the "Chosen One" that will bring "Balance to the Force", are 2 of the lamest excuses to make a character important and uber-powerful in the SW universe...

They are both horrible characters.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

They're both whiny and selfish >_<

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

The most obvious similarity I can find is that both the "Battle Meditation" force power, and being the "Chosen One" that will bring "Balance to the Force", are 2 of the lamest excuses to make a character important and uber-powerful in the SW universe...

I feel that they were just considered important because the jedi worked on them the most and they also took there work and abilities more serious than the other

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

They are both horrible characters.

Well I agree with you part-way there. I hated Anakin cause he's just a whiney brat who could have been an awesome Jedi but just turned out to be a punky power hungry puppet. Bastilla on the other hand was, while she shared some very distinct similaritys I admit, I think she had more character. I mean, Anakin didnt get tortured for a week to get him to give in, he was just slowly lulled and lured by Sidious untill he was basicly his puppet anyway.

But still I agree, they both were too ****y and too head-strong. Wish I had a chance to try out the Jedi shoes. But I would just as soon not have some ultra uber gift like Anakin or Bastilla, less worry about getting a big head over something that you were given instead of earned.

Oh and very interesting observation about the Skywalker liniage thing. Only problem I see with that was that I dont think the Skywalker family was strong with the force till Anakin came along, and he was actually concieved by either Sideious or his master through the force. So as to them being related, I would say its not likely, but you have to admit they do share the same elephant sized head.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg