Bao-Dur's fate

do you think Bao-Dur is dead?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. do you think Bao-Dur is dead?

• yes
    • no

[*]nonsense, if he was dead the Exile wouldn't ask Kreia about his future now would she?

[*]*shakes head* such an important mission, would the good zabrak throw little Remote to the storm beasts if he was available?

[*]well, there was so much work to be done on the Ebon Hawk, that ship could fall at any minute

[*]what about some other crew member? also he never says "us" or any word implying him still being alive in the last holorec on Malachor and why the hologram anyway?

[*]triggered commands, Bao-Dur made that holorec some time before the Exile confronted Atris and knew for sure that the the sith were striking from Malachor. the holorec says the Exile suspected that, so the zabrak arranged something in case

It doesn't sound like Bao-Dur went to Malachor.

Remote was pre-programmed, which implies some sort of planning going on between Exile and Bao-Dur to destroy the MSG regardless of what else happened when Exile got there. Bao-Dur would normally have planned on doing it himself, if he knew for sure he was going along. The tone of the message suggests that Remote was to fulfill that duty in case Bao didn't make it back to EH in time for take-off--and wherever he went, he ordered Remote to stay aboard. By 'sacrifice', it also suggests either that Bao thought he might die, or he thought he was sending Remote to its death. Maybe both?

The game is notably silent about Bao-Dur's fate, or why he wasn't at Exile's side. Since he's one of my favorite characters, I prefer to think that's by design--because he still has a function to perform in the story, much like Carth, Canderous, and Bastila do--and Obsidian didn't want to give too much away. But as a tech, he could be very useful; and it was pointed out several times that he can't be sensed through the Force.

due to the familarity between the Exile and Bao-Dur, the exile can sense him thru the force.

More familar you are with a person, it is easier to feel them thru the force.

Vader sense Luke thru the connection of blood.

Where as the Emperor couldn't sense Luke at all.

There are techiques in the force to block certian force users from others.

something about how kreia could never sense his presense or read his mind or w/e and how she didnt know of his future makes me thinks he lived

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

ohhh they better make one..... ill make one myself if they dont ( i can allready smell the lawsuits)

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

I didn't really think much about Bao-Dur after the remotes mission. I reckon that he would have lived, however. I imagine he didn't want to go out on Malachors' surface in risk of being attacked by the Storm Beasts or Sith, so he sent the droid to go do a mans job while he awaited for the Exile's return on Telos.

Note: I would have thought the Exile's companions would have waited on Telos as the Exile travelled to Malachor V to face Kreia and Sion. I mean it makes sense and it doesn't kill off any of the companions if the Ebon Hawk were to fall into a... Crevasse. :p

Edited by NecroDOS

[sarcasm]

Yeah good luck with that

Ill be your first customer!

[/sarcasm]

So very witty. You know sacasm is the lowest form of wit?

Kriea could not read Bao-Dur.

Bao-Dur programed the remote with the MSG code. It is small so goes un-noticed.

Since their is no reason to believe he is dead we can assume he repaired the ship.

See simple just like STURM. :lol:

What I don't get is how the crew could be on Malachore ,if what Kriea said about crushing weight and deadness was true.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

What I don't get is how the crew could be on Malachore ,if what Kriea said about crushing weight and deadness was true.
she was talking about the MSG in action

"There is a world on the Outer Rim surrounded by mass shadows. Past the graveyard of Mandalorian warships, this planet suffers, crushed in gravity's fist. To walk on its surface is to feel it crushing every cell of your being. It is like being buried alive until it seems you will never breathe again. What manner of creature would have birthed such a thing? Nothing human, to be sure. If you dare voice your opinions again, Iridonian, you will forget yourself for a time. Return to your machines, and trouble me no more. Serve the exile until it is your time to die, and it will be enough."

I think he lived

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Mere speculation

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

"Serve the exile until it is your time to die" ...

I'd say he's dead. He wouldn't have sent the remote out on it's own with only an old holorecord if he had been able to undo his creation himself.

Also, although I'm not sure if this counts for this argument, in the cut content, he was the only jedifiable party member that didn't show up to face down Kreia.

I'd say he's dead. He wouldn't have sent the remote out on it's own with only an old holorecord if he had been able to undo his creation himself.

Also, although I'm not sure if this counts for this argument, in the cut content, he was the only jedifiable party member that didn't show up to face down Kreia.

the quote is indeed interesting, not that much if we consider Kreia couldn't read his thoughts or his future. as for the cut content, it was also to be (or so i've heard around here) a new ship to take the Exile off Malachor, changing that, someone had to be on that ship.

:) Where did you take that quote from??

"There is a world on the Outer Rim surrounded by mass shadows. Past the graveyard of Mandalorian warships, this planet suffers, crushed in gravity's fist. To walk on its surface is to feel it crushing every cell of your being. It is like being buried alive until it seems you will never breathe again. What manner of creature would have birthed such a thing? Nothing human, to be sure. If you dare voice your opinions again, Iridonian, you will forget yourself for a time. Return to your machines, and trouble me no more. Serve the exile until it is your time to die, and it will be enough."

he was supposed to be killed on M4-78

No. He. Wasn't. This is just a rumor that cannot proven in anyway. The only piece of evidence of Bao-Durs fate is in a sound test file found on the official KOTOR 2 website where he says "Make my sacrifice matter...". This does not make any reference to M4-78. Plus, M4-78 would take the place of Korriban, making it a regular world. Nothing profound. And according to the files, Grenn would say "I thought I saw you disembark with Bao-Dur..." when you arrive on Citadel Station to stop the Sith.

Aaaaandd....Bao-Dur would be present enroute to Malachor V...

{These are his thoughts as he's thinking to himself, player is reading his mind without him knowing}Your command echoes still, General. And I obey, as I did at Malachor V. I have destroyed planets for you, General. But now, this once, if we could save something in this galaxy...I need to do this, or I will die inside. Like I died at Malachor V. I know you can hear me. I have always known. It is why I followed you. You know where you must go. It calls to you still. And she must be stopped, there, now, or she will bring the screams of Malachor V to the galaxy - just as we carried the echo all this way.

Edited by Wild Storm