meta in Las Vegas

Cantousent

As strange as having 3,230 posts at Obsidian, not counting the ones in WoT? ...Or as strange and funny as meeting people online to play a game.

If you had the chance to meet Jags, Kor, or Alan for a game on the lan, would you think it was strange?

Face it, most of the folks I know in "real life" don't spend much time at message boards anyhow. So, if we're going to be strange and funny anyhow, we might as well meet.

Hell, I plan on meeting KQD in Vegas some time next year. I look forward to it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Good story though, but I'm surprised Meta didn't recognize you by your poofy attire and knavish mien.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's true. The coffee in the US is abominable. Even in Starbucks, which at least manage to make an okay cup in the UK (where coffee is an arcane artform, too). At least the UK can make a cup of tea. (Even if it does require them to be anally-retentive and sexually-repressed to do it.)

Ghengis Ken was indeed a real person, who does scary things with photoshop to permanently scar newlyweds and make them think that, instantly after the wedding, they will never look as good as they did on that special day. I woudn't have minded so much, but adding the toupee and glasses to the bald bride was a bit much. Surely someone would notice? Then again, maybe that is the remit: make this the happiest day ever, no holds barred.

How can a sentient being not manage to reach me, given my five star hotel, my full name and my room number! What sort of tool ... then again, must not judge ... must not ... still, even though I made extra preparations: reception were briefed and given specific instructions, yet still no word at the appointed time. Almost enough to make one gamble away the day ... now where was my copy of Fear and Loathing ...

It was odd to hear the voice behind Cantousent; odder still to see the hulking frame tower over me. I mean, no Napoleon complex here, but the positive aspect to fthe developed world's eating habits is the generational improvement in height (otherwise where did all those seven-foot basketballers come from?); I think that is almost a fair trade-off with cholesterol. But the voice. The speech patterns, the mannerisms: this guy really believes al the gumph he writes, and he is the living embodiment of it. "Mostly Harmless" came immediately to mind. Mostly. (I still wouldn't recommend stealing his Bible after he's spent a day with his folks, though.)

So, just like before, the ultimate challenge and fight for life is scheduled out of the US; Ol' Blighty: behind the Low-productivity Curtain. Will the-id-that-until-recently-was-Eldar (aka titurwE) isolate himself in some wasteland, doing mental log lifting?

Should I increase my performance-enhancing mental drug regime in preparation? Add to my biomodifications?

I'll prioritize that after I take care of the Masters application form ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Not even one rotten photo to document the event?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why didn't you give Meta your number, so that when he arrived, he could have called you, insterad of you just driving out there and trying to find him like some sort of doofus?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

No, but I'm also not gay.

Am I righty fellas? I mean, am I right?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Wouldn

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I would just like to point out that the coffee in England is utter crap, and as such, find it hard to believe that coffee in the States is even worse.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, meta isn't the only one who doesn't like American coffee. Well... not that they don't like the coffee here. It's that they think the coffee drinks here pale next to Italian coffee.

Oops: I was speaking of going to England with my wife. meta is not my wife. meta is my concubine. Please note the difference.

Also, it's not like it took long to find one another. Yes, there are pictures here, but they simply don't do justice to anyone. I always assume folks will look at least a little different than their picture and usually I'm right.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

No, no, no.  The plan is to kill Eldar. 

And meta, and Walsingham, and Lady Crimson, and Darque, and Dark Raven, and Lucian, and Fionavar, and Hydrogen, and tarna...

You really weren't supposed to leak that.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Well, meta isn't the only one who doesn't like American coffee.  Well... not that they don't like the coffee here.  It's that they think the coffee drinks here pale next to Italian coffee.

Oh, I don't doubt that american coffee sucks, it's just that it can't be much worse than the english sludge, so meta can't really complain. Unless, of course, meta has been educated by someone italian on the art of drinking coffee.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: