Kotor 2, a way better game

I think we all can agree that Kotor 2 is much better do to it having such a darker storyline. Kotor 1 had a storyline which was so mushy and had no true darkness to it. When Kotor 3 comes out (because it is being made) I hope it has the same darkness in it as Kotor 2 and does not revert back to its mushy Kotor 1 ways.

I think we all can agree that Kotor 2 is much better do to it having such a darker storyline. Kotor 1 had a storyline which was so mushy and had no true darkness to it. When Kotor 3 comes out (because it is being made) I hope it has the same darkness in it as Kotor 2 and does not revert back to its mushy Kotor 1 ways.

Well you thought wrong! I think the first game was better. So meeuuuhhhh

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I prefer TSL because (especially once the cut content is put back in) there's more replayability. In KotOR I, there were always 2 options on quests, LS or DS. Some variation, but especially with the main plotline, it was just black and white. KotOR II gives more options, especially with the interactions with your party members. The on-ship cutscenes between them are great, and it makes the game seem more real when NPCs interact with each other like that. In KotOR I, it seemed like all of the party members just sat there waiting for you to talk to them. TSL has more complexity.

I argee with my friend here. although K2 had what K1 lacked, and K1 had what K2 lacked.

To an extent.. I have to agree. Now I'm at that point where I have overplayed KotOR1 and, now Playing it for the last time (perhaps) to get the Canon stuff happening, so I can start K2 and get the whole KotOR series Canon so I can furtherly understand/enjoy. KotOR2 was good because it featured new thing which we have never seen or heard about as often as the planets in K1 for example. Yes it was a much darker story which was good/depressing, and more of a darkside game for you darkside lovers. The whole death on every planet, every planet crumbling due to you and the inhabitants, the death of so much jedi ect. The only part where KotOR1's Darkness could surpass K2 was when you killed your party at the end which isnt an easy decision or something that easy to cope with, if you where really attached to them.

Some dark things which you can compare K2, to K1 is...

Dantooine - Enclave bombed, the Jedi remnants being looted ect. Mercs everywhere, Music

Korriban - Music, creepy/depressing, corpses everywhere, past cave thingo ect.

Nar Shadaa - Refugees (a lot like Taris undercity revisited) death and suffering everywhere.

Onderon - the whole civil war, freedon nadd tomb, Dxun to an extent (which was similar to shadowlands revisited)

he didn't like the first one because it was all mushy cause bastila has teh cooty0rz.

:thumbsup: Ah ... Girls!!

When Kotor 3 comes out (because it is being made)

Do you have the proof?

'Cause he said so!

Yeah, got a problem against that?!

He meant "a problem with that".

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

K2 plot = Firefly-esque plot - you aren't really an 'anybody' in the universe, just trying to get along every day but people want your arse for particular reasons.

Did you even play the game?

As Obsidian's first game, I think they did pretty well with it. And it seems like they knew quite a bit of the SW universe, as did Bioware, but I mean how Obsidian had a miraluka as a party member. I didn't know what a miraluka was before K2.

K2 plot = Firefly-esque plot - you aren't really an 'anybody' in the universe, just trying to get along every day but people want your arse for particular reasons.

Did you even play the game?

Yes. 5 times.

I used '-esqe' because not everything is 1:1 exact - forgive me, it was a HUGE leap to assume something even similar o:) I mean, you are really a nobody in some respects but a war hero at the beginning of the game, and in at the end you still aren't the big hero. Granted you have your share of adventures but still, it isn't some 'collect the 5 pieces of this artifact to defeat the enemy' that feels really epic.

When I meant your character is a nobody, yes I know that you are considered the last existing jedi, have huge bounty on your head etc, but in the whole sense of the plot, you aren't destined to be a Revan or Jesus or anything, and you primarily see defeating the enemy really just benefits yourself (unless you play REALLY lightside - this is looking at it from a somewhat neutral point).

Look at K1 - "where is the star map?", "what is the starforge", "how do I destroy said starforge"

K1 is all about saving the Galaxy from the evil. If I didn't feel like a hero (vengeful too), I could just sit back or enlist with the Sith, who cares, new regime, as long as it puts food on the table, but NO, I just have to do it.

Now K2 - "what did you to to me when I came back from the war", "can you sever my force bond", "where is [jedi master], I need answers to him about me"

K2 is ME ME ME - Bounty on your head, Sith Lords want you dead, Force bond = fatal and bad, especially when the other one you're bonded too is as close to death as absolutely possible. You want them out of your hair, so unless you like looking over your shoulder every 10 seconds, get going and deal with it. Sure, wasting a few crimelords along the way may help some people, but you just do it to get to the big fish.

I'm just saying, whan it comes down to it, the character still saves the galaxy and kills the three Sith lords, and you are destined to be the one who does it. I mean, yeah, you could play the game that way, they give you the means to, but the Jedi still think of you as the one who saves all.

I like KOTOR II better because the story was more personal. The plot of KOTOR more than anything was saving the Galaxy from an ancient evil, KOTOR II it was more personal in the sense that you were correcting what you did wrong, solving a mystery about your past and at the same time saving the galaxy from a far more subtle, but even more dangerous threat than in KOTOR I.

Edited by KaanFun-We

playing Kotor i really had the feeling of being Mr.Nobody till the "revelation", with the Exile you accomplish huge ends during the game, you bring victory to wars, train people, and from the beginning you're a jedi general, a veteran of one of the greatest wars of your time, not to mention a jedi phenomenon with unique abilities and unrivaled importance training under a real jedi master who actually teaches you things. i also liked TSL more than Kotor because it is also more of an introspective journey, "you are the battleground".

True. In KotOR I, it's about saving the galaxy. The revelation that you're Revan if anything seems to make your previous in-game actions less important, since all of your character's importance comes from stuff you did a long time ago. It's as if you're character has been made for you, and the only choice is what you do about it.

KotOR II is much more about self-development. It doesn't matter as much who you were as it does who you decide to become. While your light-dark decisions don't have as spectacular of ending differences, they help shape your character much more. In essence, it's almost a story of self-creation--not only who you were and what you did, but who you can be.