Yet even more of my claims come true

Epiphany

Once the dev studios under Microsoft's wing(a rather greedy and opressive wing :D) start to use 360's power to it's full potential(God of War and RE 4 on PS2 anyone?), then and only then will I be even remotely hyped by any pretty screens. The thing is, that right now every game that's covered in optic caramel, is suffering AI-wise and most enviroments are still just pretty pipes. This isn't exactly what was promised during the mass-hype period.

But I'm hopeful that after a few years, if MS has enough patience to not spew out the next consolge gen, we'll see some amazing games on 360.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Once the dev studios under Microsoft's wing(a rather greedy and opressive wing :D) start to use 360's power to it's full potential(God of War and RE 4 on PS2 anyone?), then and only then will I be even remotely hyped by any pretty screens. The thing is, that right now every game that's covered in optic caramel, is suffering AI-wise and most enviroments are still just pretty pipes. This isn't exactly what was promised during the mass-hype period.

But I'm hopeful that after a few years, if MS has enough patience to not spew out the next consolge gen, we'll see some amazing games on 360.

Like Gears of War, hyped up to the clouds for reasons i don't know.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But.. but.. It's a fps with super-macho men, oversized weapons and ridiculously over-detailed body armours!! It has to be hyped, especially when all the textures range from dirty brown to dirty grey.. everywhere!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

But.. but.. It's a fps with super-macho men, oversized weapons and ridiculously over-detailed body armours!! It has to be hyped, especially when all the textures range from dirty brown to dirty grey.. everywhere!

And tentacles, don't forget the tentacles!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Co-op.

And you know what I think of co-op.

kirottu said:

It's so comical to see you all harp on Gears of War, when you haven't even seen what the game has to offer.

MODEDIT:  I removed some comments clearly meant solely to incite.

Judging from the videos, not much. It looks like a solid fps, but it's no Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Undying, Unreal or Halo for that matter.

F.E.A.R. had a more interesting theme and gameplay than GoW.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, there's the possibility of faction change. I think there's a mod that allows you to change faction during play. Then you can just send the save to the next fellow and he plays his turn, etc.

Or do it like some crazy AAR-guys do and play till faction leader dies and then give the save to the next fellow.

kirottu said:

Not exactly the MP I was hoping for :)

I understand the limitations of a large scale, turn-based strategy game like that, with fights that can take up to 45 minutes. But I'd totally be game for playing the GC of a Total War game with a friend.

Yeah, me too.

One can wish, you know.

kirottu said:

:thumbsup:
kirottu said:

Let's see if the Profit Man shows up to defend himself.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: