'Restoring Deleted Material'='Changing the Story'

Nihilus is becoming stronger because he is eating the force

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

(reposted my last 2 posts in the topic on the spoiler forum, also as Jinger noted we gone a bit out of topic, and a lot "out of non spoiler"... so maybe we can delete the inappropriate posts from this topic and cntinue the discussion on the spoiler forum)

Edited by Zilod

I think you do have to spell it out for me. Lol... Which means that a moderator made the sticky. If ObsidianEnt did publically support the team, they should place a link to their thread on the front page. Lol...

Yeah, lol indeed. Are you high or something? If obsidian publically would support this it would be like saying "Kotor 2 was flawed and this was mainly because unreasonable time constraints by Lucasarts". This wont happen ever. If you want to stay in business you don

Does anyone believe that adding thier newer pieces will change the outcome of the story? Or- Do you people believe that it will just fill out the story to bring clearity?

Nothing in the content will actually change the outcome of the story. Malachor either lives or dies. That's the basic end of the story. Just minor things of what happened with the party members and what exactly determines Malachors fate changes.

Main thing: Malachor V will become far more enjoyable

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I have no idea where some people are coming from with 'it will change the story'. It doesn't change the story, it COMPLETES it.

Having GOTO confront the remote on Malachor then threaten the remote that he will prevent the destruction of Malachor then show the planetoid blow up makes doodley sense. Ok... uh did that little remote somehow trick GOTO, what happened? The restoration project will explain.

HK-47: "Master, there is a factory producing the HK-50 knock offs. Later we can find out where they are being produced and shut them down!" ... Unresolved. Restoration project will again finish the story.

One second you are with your party fighting on the Telos station, boom, the next you're on Malachor by yourself, but oddly the remote and Mira seemed to have followed you. No dialog exists between your main character and these two stowaways. No planning took place before you go to Malachor. You just go there. It felt disjointed and surreal. Like some massive section of the story had been skipped and you were just plopped down on another planet. While I'm not sure if even the restoration project can fix this, It's going a long way to making it less painful and more enjoyable and fix numerous plot holes.

Most stories can function with a few things removed or changed. For example, in KoTOR 1 a meeting with Deadeye Duncan on Manaan was cut from the game unfortunatly. It's just a short humerous encounter though and not some major intrigue. If you were to never meet Duncan again you would just assume he died on Taris. That's not the case with the droid facility, the showdown between Goto and the remote or the awkward seperation of NPCs at Malachor.

I have no idea where some people are coming from with 'it will change the story'. It doesn't change the story, it COMPLETES it.

Having GOTO confront the remote on Malachor then threaten the remote that he will prevent the destruction of Malachor then show the planetoid blow up makes doodley sense. Ok... uh did that little remote somehow trick GOTO, what happened? The restoration project will explain.

HK-47: "Master, there is a factory producing the HK-50 knock offs. Later we can find out where they are being produced and shut them down!" ... Unresolved. Restoration project will again finish the story.

One second you are with your party fighting on the Telos station, boom, the next you're on Malachor by yourself, but oddly the remote and Mira seemed to have followed you. No dialog exists between your main character and these two stowaways. No planning took place before you go to Malachor. You just go there. It felt disjointed and surreal. Like some massive section of the story had been skipped and you were just plopped down on another planet. While I'm not sure if even the restoration project can fix this, It's going a long way to making it less painful and more enjoyable and fix numerous plot holes.

Most stories can function with a few things removed or changed. For example, in KoTOR 1 a meeting with Deadeye Duncan on Manaan was cut from the game unfortunatly. It's just a short humerous encounter though and not some major intrigue. If you were to never meet Duncan again you would just assume he died on Taris. That's not the case with the droid facility, the showdown between Goto and the remote or the awkward seperation of NPCs at Malachor.

Lol... You should have read the first pages. Lol...

We allready conversed on the subject, and another poster helped me find the files that were cut. After I read through them, I started to see what people were talking about. Lol...

After i stopped posting in the thread, there seemed to be another subject brewing. Or, another set of people are conversing about the subject. Lol...

Up until I was full introduced to the 'cut conent', I truely thought the story had a completed ending. I knew there were cliff-hangers, but I didn't realize that there was so much stuff removed. Lol...

:"> :"> :"> :"> :"> :"> :"> :">

Glad that you understand, DarthMethos :)

i'm just glad they'll be bringing back the HK factory and the now-canonical HKvsG0T0 confrontation, that is now reson enough to state that TSL is unfinished, actually canonizing cut content they stated as much themselves. i wouldn't bring back Vash or the cut confrontations in Trayus Accademy though, why ain't this thread spoiler again? :huh:

Frankly, concept of wound in the force is as incredible as it is unbelievable. Trouble is when things take a turn towards abstractions, description of story tends to become unimaginably logic-defiant to some extent. And also, whether 'wound' and 'hole' meant slightly different things or perhaps things which are almost the same is quite vague in a few ways.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Trouble is when things take a turn towards abstractions, description of story tends to become unimaginably logic-defiant to some extent. And also, whether 'wound' and 'hole' meant slightly different things or perhaps things which are almost the same is quite vague in a few ways.
indeed! there's such a confusion around regarding the expressions echo/wound/hole in the Force. they should have added a glossary to the manual as they mean very different things, and they are new concepts.

Frankly, concept of wound in the force is as incredible as it is unbelievable. Trouble is when things take a turn towards abstractions, description of story tends to become unimaginably logic-defiant to some extent. And also, whether 'wound' and 'hole' meant slightly different things or perhaps things which are almost the same is quite vague in a few ways.

Well to be fair the statement: "anything is possible with the force," applies here. I think the Exile has a conection to the force, he just seemingly turned his mind away from the force. Such that the threads - in his mind - that made him aware of the force, were cut off.

The concept relies on the idea that the force is an intangible spiritual entity and cannot be measured through physical means (midichlorians). But I think considering the strength of Nihilus and others, I thought Obsidian did well in potraying their powers as subtle forces.