KotOR II's 'Cut Content' = 'Unfinished'???

This is about 'why' the content was cut.

For the longest time, I have been reading that KotOR II is unfinished. What I personally can't understand is why? :wacko:

'Cut Content' - means that something was removed for a reason, and the explination could be anything. When something is cut from a movie, the removed information is usually 'not' relevant. 'Cut Content' does not mean that the game is unfinished. In the oposite affect, 'Cut Content' is a reflection of editing something out.

'Unfinished' - means that something is not complete.

When people are saying 'unfinished', do they mean that KotOR II's editing stage was not done? :lol:

There is a very big difference between 'Cut Content' and 'Unfinished'.

Stuff Was Left Out For Numerous Reasons.

The time restrictions meant things, couldnot be completed, so they where never fully finished, so they were not included in the actual game,other stuff was left out because it did not make sense if left in, with the previous stuff being cut out.

Edited by lowiej

Stuff Was Left Out For Numerous Reasons.

The time restrictions meant things, couldnot be completed, so they where never fully finished, so they were not included in the actual game,other stuff was left out because it did not make sense if left in, with the previous stuff being cut out.

Was the 'cut content' removed for time restraints (like you said), or were they removed because the game needed to be shorter? Was this information irrelevant to the overall story? Was is necessary information, or was it information that really didn't needed to be resolved? :ermm:

...there's a lot of speculation on why the content was cut...
http://tubertarian.com/kotor2missingcontent.php

Did Obsidian say that their editing was cut short, or did they say that they were forced to remove certain game elements? Where those game elements rellevant to the overall story, or were they 'cut' because the game would be too long?

Edited by DarthMethos

It was removed due to unvoluntarily release-forwarding...

Wouldn't call that "cutting for qualities sake"

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

For the longest time, I have been reading that KotOR II is unfinished. What I personally can't understand is why? :ermm:

'Cut Content' - means that something was removed for a reason, and the explination could be anything. When something is cut from a movie, the removed information is usually 'not' relevant. 'Cut Content' does not mean that the game is unfinished. In the oposite affect, 'Cut Content' is a reflection of editing something out.

When people are saying 'unfinished', do they mean that KotOR II's editing stage was not done? :ermm:

Before answering this, are you aware on what exactly was cut from KotOR II?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

For the longest time, I have been reading that KotOR II is unfinished. What I personally can't understand is why? :ermm:

When people are saying 'unfinished', do they mean that KotOR II's editing stage was not done? :ermm:

Before answering this, are you aware on what exactly was cut from KotOR II?

To be honest. I only know what I have read here or there. I have been searching the internet for a low-down. Within my post above, I edited my statement and included a source.

I have been searching for a few items:

~ Statements made by Obsidian themselves about how they feel about KotOR II, and if they believe that the came was finished.

~ Possibly a better list of the 'cut content'.

~ Statments that would support the theory of bad editing due to time restraints.

~ Statments that would support the theory of cutting the game down, for they had felt that it was too long.

If you have a lead, so I can do some reading, please feel free to post a link. :)

If the 'cut content' was not found in the game files, would everyone believe that the game was incomplete?

I think because the files were found that it feed into the idea that the game was incomplete. If there is anything wrong, I would blame it on bad editting. Upon my first play through, I did not believe that the game had issues. I felt that there could have been stronger edits here or there, but overall I thought the game was finished off pretty well. :)

Kreia tells you the fate of your companions, and what there future has in store. They didn't leave anything out. Some of the game felt like 'Empire Strikes Back', but I could only assume this is to lead us into a third installment.

I think what added to the incomplete feeling is that there were no epic animations, which spelt out the ending in a KotOR I way.

I don't believe that the 'cut content' contributed to the 'unfinished' feeling of KotOR II, but how the 'cut content' was edited out of the game.

I think that KotOR II's story was completed, and it just had a bad editing job. I still love the game. I was just curious as to why people believe that the 'cut content' means that it is incomplete.

Edited by DarthMethos

HK factory mention... nothing

HK wants to find brethren... NO resolve

Go-to/Remote NO resolve

Mira-Hanharr NO resolution

Locked Navicomputer NO resolve

Dantooine's "Redemption"...NO resolve

etc. etc. etc.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

~ Statements made by Obsidian themselves about how they feel about KotOR II, and if they believe that the came was finished.

From Chris Avellone:

In the end, I do wish there had been more time and I wished I had had more time to work on the end game, and that was my fault. We did get a lot accomplished in the time we had, and I probably should have cut another planet (the droid planet got the axe). I still think it's a good RPG, we probably should have just made it shorter.. So, I'm not sure if what he means by cutting another planet so they'd have more time to work on the end game or simply the game was too long. Though poor Chris seems to be taking the blame for Lucasarts wanting a Christmas release.

~ Possibly a better list of the 'cut content'.

I remember starting one with the content from the Jek'Jek Tarr and Gotos Yacht. I'll go fish for it. Found it:

Jek'Jek Tarr

-Find the Gand Quest - A sullustan in the Gand section of the Jek'Jek Tarr: find the name of a great Gand warrior. Options were to lie to the Sullustan, find the Gand (with a high awareness) and then refuse to tell the sullustan due to the Gands request or tell the sullustan anyway.

-Spa Treatment at the Jek'Jek Tarr - The twi'leks were supposed to be like the twi'lek slaves at Davik's estate and offer steam baths and massages.

-Environment suit stays on - The play would have the option to leave the environment suit on when speaking with Visquis. Judging by the dialog, Mira wasn't supposed to attack the Exile. This exchange was moved to the arena to replace the Geno'Haradan. Visquis later would be able to capture the Exile and order the Ubese to take him to Goto.

-Magic Eight Ball? - In the Jek'Jek Tarr, there was to be a Weequay who had an orb where you can ask questions.

-Mira's escape from the Jek'Jek Tarr - Instead of the Exile killing Visquis, it would be a party member and then Mira would lead them out of the Jek'Jek Tarr into her safehouse. Also, Mira was to be held in some cell in which she says that Visquis will execute her, and where the party member would also rescue her. This is a very weirdly arranged scene.

-Dessicus of the GenoHaradan - Obviously, the GenoHaradan would be the organization beneath the Jek'Jek Tarr.

-Kreia (speaking to Hanharr about another life debt): The screams of your tribe of primitives, the scene of lying blinded with the huntresses' blaster at your skull, I shall make it so that is all you hear and see for the rest of your days.

Goto Yacht

-Threatning Goto - When stumbling upon the control center, the player threatens to use a certain skill to dismantle his vessel, however, Goto says that his droids will just turn off the oxygen.

-Gotos Orders - Goto will command his droids not only to activate the mines but raise the force shield, poison them and deploy guard droids. And finally, Goto notices the bounty hunters on his ship and gives the self-destruct order.

-Geno'Haradan are none of the bounty hunters concern - One of the Zhug brothers will mention that the Geno are also after the Exile during their meeting with Goto and so Goto commands them to ignore them and that they aren't any concern.

~ Statments that would support the theory of bad editing due to time restraints.

See above.

~ Statments that would support the theory of cutting the game down, for they had felt that it was too long.

See above.

Edited by Wild Storm

Ah... I forgot Malachor's "infamous" bowdown assassins scene with the nice "choice" you have (save teammates or face a weaker Traya) inclusive with location-icons on the map of locations you cannot reach!

^